AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ending of the manga

Junior Member ryuu_senka is on a distinguished road ryuu_senka's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2009 05:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Ending of the manga

I just finished reading the ending of the manga and though I love this series, I dont like the ending. I havent seen the end of the anime yet, but Im hoping it might be better. Im sure nobody cares, but I just felt like sharing my thoughts to see if there were any other opinions on the matter. Here are my problems with the ending:

-there werent really any decent fights at all in the final saga. Sure, the storyline was interesting, but its supposed to be a fighting manga. We didnt even get to see the entire Yusuke vs Yomi fight. I didnt get to see the Hiei vs Mukuro fight that I wanted either. I felt cheated out of what should have been the most exciting and interesting part of the saga.

-the winner of the tournament wasnt even a noteworthy character. I didnt really care whether or not Yusuke won the whole thing, but it would have made more sense for a main character to win. I dont even understand how Yomi and Mukuro lost anyway. They were supposed to be like gods. Even S class Yusuke couldnt beat Yomi. I dont believe that they could lose to worse fighters after draining some of their energy in earlier fights.

-the useless little side stories about no-name characters werent necessary. I couldnt care less about what happened to Kaito and whoever else. The final storyline about the laser destroying human world was really lame too. It really served no purpose other than to re-unite the four main characters to complete one last assignment, which again involved no fighting whatsoever.

-Yusuke stopped fighting and everyone got a job and went to school. This makes little sense to me since Yusuke was useless at everything except fighting. I dont understand why he would just stop and start running a ramen stand. It was also lame how he pretended to solve cases that he invented himself. I can appreciate that the ending was supposed to be realistic, but where does that leave Hiei who isnt gonna get a job or go to college.

-when they remove the barrier between the demon and human world, no one is worried about S class demons destroying human world anymore. They were freaking out about it at the end of Chapter Black and suddenly they dont care anymore.

-I dont understand how Shigure didnt die. He had the top half of his head cut off and yet he is back again near the end. It seems like no matter how fatal the injury is, no one actually dies in this series.

There were some good things I liked though which were:

-Kuwabara gets almost completely cut from the last saga. I found him to be useless and annoying. He was always the weakest and he constantly lost his fights. I was not sad to see him go away.

-The backstory for Hiei was actually really good.

-The Hiei vs Shigure fight was cool

-everything from the beginning of the saga up until the start of the tournament was actually interesting and well done. Its a shame that the series was rushed to be finished.

-Yomi and Mukuro were interesting characters, as were their relationships with Hiei and Kurama

Sorry to all who actually read this whole thing. I just felt like ranting about some things that I had issues with. I really hope the anime is better.

Junior Member sanders49 is a jewel in the rough sanders49 is a jewel in the rough sanders49 is a jewel in the rough sanders49 is a jewel in the rough sanders49's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2009 01:53 AM
    Threads

the anime is not much better if at all it has that rushed feeling to it especially at the last few eps.
    totse2.net new home of awesome

Member Felicia_Fei has a spectacular aura about Felicia_Fei has a spectacular aura about Felicia_Fei's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-18-2009 06:41 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ryuu_senka View Post
    I just finished reading the ending of the manga and though I love this series, I dont like the ending. I havent seen the end of the anime yet, but Im hoping it might be better. Im sure nobody cares, but I just felt like sharing my thoughts to see if there were any other opinions on the matter. Here are my problems with the ending:

-there werent really any decent fights at all in the final saga. Sure, the storyline was interesting, but its supposed to be a fighting manga. We didnt even get to see the entire Yusuke vs Yomi fight. I didnt get to see the Hiei vs Mukuro fight that I wanted either. I felt cheated out of what should have been the most exciting and interesting part of the saga.

-the winner of the tournament wasnt even a noteworthy character. I didnt really care whether or not Yusuke won the whole thing, but it would have made more sense for a main character to win. I dont even understand how Yomi and Mukuro lost anyway. They were supposed to be like gods. Even S class Yusuke couldnt beat Yomi. I dont believe that they could lose to worse fighters after draining some of their energy in earlier fights.

-the useless little side stories about no-name characters werent necessary. I couldnt care less about what happened to Kaito and whoever else. The final storyline about the laser destroying human world was really lame too. It really served no purpose other than to re-unite the four main characters to complete one last assignment, which again involved no fighting whatsoever.

-Yusuke stopped fighting and everyone got a job and went to school. This makes little sense to me since Yusuke was useless at everything except fighting. I dont understand why he would just stop and start running a ramen stand. It was also lame how he pretended to solve cases that he invented himself. I can appreciate that the ending was supposed to be realistic, but where does that leave Hiei who isnt gonna get a job or go to college.

-when they remove the barrier between the demon and human world, no one is worried about S class demons destroying human world anymore. They were freaking out about it at the end of Chapter Black and suddenly they dont care anymore.

-I dont understand how Shigure didnt die. He had the top half of his head cut off and yet he is back again near the end. It seems like no matter how fatal the injury is, no one actually dies in this series.

There were some good things I liked though which were:

-Kuwabara gets almost completely cut from the last saga. I found him to be useless and annoying. He was always the weakest and he constantly lost his fights. I was not sad to see him go away.

-The backstory for Hiei was actually really good.

-The Hiei vs Shigure fight was cool

-everything from the beginning of the saga up until the start of the tournament was actually interesting and well done. Its a shame that the series was rushed to be finished.

-Yomi and Mukuro were interesting characters, as were their relationships with Hiei and Kurama

Sorry to all who actually read this whole thing. I just felt like ranting about some things that I had issues with. I really hope the anime is better.
    19 volumes of yyh? wow

Junior Member ryuu_senka is on a distinguished road ryuu_senka's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2009 05:39 PM
    Threads

Ok, so Ive finally finished watching the end of the anime. Though it cut some stuff from the manga and added some stuff in too, I think I enjoyed it more. Somehow the anime made certain things seem more relevant despite the plotholes. Originally I didnt care much for the manga ending, but now that Ive seen the anime ending as well, Ive begun to actually appreciate how it wraps everything up quite well.

Thanks for the comments and views everybody. Any other comments or views you have would be appreciated.

Member yollyp is infamous around these parts yollyp is infamous around these parts yollyp is infamous around these parts yollyp is infamous around these parts yollyp is infamous around these parts yollyp's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2009 02:11 AM
    Threads

I say the manga is good. I only read the end part because I saw the whole anime before. The comment about bad ending is relevant but it surely departs itself from the conventional endings of simple mangas.

Closed Thread

Thread Information