AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Anime live action movies

Member VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD has a reputation beyond repute VampireSlayerD's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2009 04:01 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Anime live action movies

I dont know about your opingon on anime live action movies, but I think
    anime and real life shouldn't be mixed. Its just not the same the story
    the voices the characters, this ruins a lot of anime for die heard fans.
    There's been dragonball done a couple times even death note has been
    adapted into a couple parts cowboybebobs going to beput in to one,
    and for years there has been buzz for a full metal alchemist
    one. For me, the live actions one just dont satisfy me. What you you
    think of the real life version of your favorite anime, and if you like live
    action, which anime should be done next.
    *Vamp
    Last edited by VampireSlayerD; 01-11-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Senior Member Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2010 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the wii !

Don't forget the Evangelion live action. that Depresses me on a whole other level.

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

The problem is before they have basically been low-mid budget, or made in japan. Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and Ninja scroll all have big names and big budgets attached to them, they are so excited about Akira that it's going to be 2 movies.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

Fist of the north star had a live action movie, I dont remember much about this

Battle angel Alita, James cameron is planning a live action movie sometime 2011 give or take a year or 2

the Guyver, Had mark Hamill from star wars in it no where near as much gore as that 80's anime

the Guyver II: dark hero, had David Hayter(solid snake) as the hero

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

seriously, those who think that anime is a better form of art than movie are idiots, just like those who refuse to watch anime just because they're animated. if this is what you were trying to point out, no offense, but i got bad news for you.
    the only reason why anime don't fail too often is the fact that they're underrated, so if you heard of one, there's about 50% chance you'll enjoy it (with movies this drops to 10, maybe even less). in other words, you don't have to dig too deep to find a good anime, and it's the biggest advantage of anime over movies. still, if it's done right, every anime can be turned into a good live action movie or series.
    i think one of the examples you mentioned, death note, would play better as a movie, but that japanese adaptation failed: bad directing, terrible acting (even for today's japanese "actors"), unnecessarily short scenes,... the only thing that saved the movie is the storyline itself - i kinda liked the way they changed it.
    so, the point here is: you take an anime you want to adapt and, technically, you still have just about 10% chance to do it right. in reality, it's much less, cause you're usually not just turning a cartoon into a live action movie, you're turning the whole SERIES into a movie. and given the fact that for some reason, many directors are afraid to make a movie longer than two hours, the mojo of the anime in question is usually left out of the equation.

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by 3pleT View Post
    i think one of the examples you mentioned, death note, would play better as a movie, but that japanese adaptation failed: bad directing, terrible acting (even for today's japanese "actors"), unnecessarily short scenes,... the only thing that saved the movie is the storyline itself - i kinda liked the way they changed it.
    so, the point here is: you take an anime you want to adapt and, technically, you still have just about 10% chance to do it right. in reality, it's much less, cause you're usually not just turning a cartoon into a live action movie, you're turning the whole SERIES into a movie. and given the fact that for some reason, many directors are afraid to make a movie longer than two hours, the mojo of the anime in question is usually left out of the equation.
    Excuse me, but in my opinion, Death Note was perfectly fine. Sure, Fujiwara Tatsuya's Light was something even I didn't appreciate (and I LOVE Fujiwara Tatsuya), but Matsuyama Kenichi's portrayal of L was fantastic. And the rest of the cast wasn't bad either.

There have been a couple good movies that were taken from anime or manga. Like NANA, or 20th Century Boys.

I really wish movie directors would keep their hands off of Evangelion though. Mainly because there is no way that they could ever make a live action version of it that the fans will accept.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO ^_^ View Post
    Fist of the north star had a live action movie, I dont remember much about this
    That was because the movie was made of fail. =P
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Member Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai has a reputation beyond repute Ai no nai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 11:20 AM
    Threads

Default sure

I wouldent mind if they made a gundam series a live movie. that looks like it could be an exception.Sure death note was good. but everything else so far has been bad. they totaly messed up street fighter and speed racer. and i can tell dragon ball will be a disaster based on the way they changed the story. My only fear is the possibility of them making hellsing live action. If it was intended to be an anime it should be left alone or made into anime movies.
    This hand of mine glows with an awesome power. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you
    Now here I go. Shining Finger!!!!

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If it is live action, then how can it be Anime? Oxymoron, and all that.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    If it is live action, then how can it be Anime? Oxymoron, and all that.
    The term would be Live Action movies based on an anime.

Excuse me, but in my opinion, Death Note was perfectly fine. Sure, Fujiwara Tatsuya's Light was something even I didn't appreciate (and I LOVE Fujiwara Tatsuya), but Matsuyama Kenichi's portrayal of L was fantastic. And the rest of the cast wasn't bad either.
    I've seen cosplayers do better. Matsumaya took about three months to get into the person, the guy at the con practiced for a year.

Live Action can't work. There is always some sort of fail attached. Not to mention trying to take up big impossible animes. Animes that are easy to do like Library Wars will never get the light of day with a live action.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 01-11-2009 at 11:24 AM.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

GTO the live action tv show, and the guy dont even look like onizuka andc in first ep he riding a push bike not his 22 kawasaki from the manga

there's also a Saikano live action I have yet to see

but I like the manga much more than even the anime

boopaloop! 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT has a reputation beyond repute 3pleT's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2011 12:53 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by suzumi View Post
    the movies weren't bad, but with this kind of writing and acting, if they tried to adapt a story that wasn't as good as this one, it probably wouldn't even be able to make its way out of japan. making a movie is not all about coming up with a good story and that's why they don't deserve the praise they received. however, there are things that do deserve praise and that would be matsuyama and the awesome twist ending.

Pink Baka Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90 has a brilliant future Android 19-90's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2009 01:30 PM
    Threads

Whatever it is, the Original form is going to best and what fans are most comfortable with it's just a fact, so shaddup!!
    --------------------------------------------
    http://t999.proboards57.com/index.cgi
    (I have my own crappy forum too!)

You've Been Hit By You've Been Struck By
    A Smooth Android!

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Theocletian View Post
    I've seen cosplayers do better. Matsumaya took about three months to get into the person, the guy at the con practiced for a year.
    Yes, but when you're a popular actor/model you don't really have that kind of time. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Theocletian View Post
    Live Action can't work. There is always some sort of fail attached. Not to mention trying to take up big impossible animes. Animes that are easy to do like Library Wars will never get the light of day with a live action.
    Quoted for truth.

Although, I do sort of disagree with the first bit. It all depends on the anime/manga.

the movies weren't bad, but with this kind of writing and acting, if they tried to adapt a story that wasn't as good as this one, it probably wouldn't even be able to make its way out of japan. making a movie is not all about coming up with a good story and that's why they don't deserve the praise they received.
    There are plenty of amazing Japanese movies that will never make it out of Japan. The only reason Death Note did so well out of Japan was because of the popularity of the manga/anime. And in Japan, it did well because of the cast, and like I mentioned above, the popularity of the manga/anime.
    Last edited by suzumi; 01-11-2009 at 08:47 PM.
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information