AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Soul Eater Resonance

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Pablo Miranda is on a distinguished road Pablo Miranda's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2009 09:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Soul Eater Resonance

I would really apreciate if someone could help me with this issues:

1)行き先モロカブッてる
    I understand "yukisaki" (destination) but I suppose the other thing is kind of a compound verb or something like that. I know what does kaburu mean but I don't understand what happens when "moro" is before.

2)魅きつけられて
    I just need to know the meaning of the verb 魅きつける. This is weird, I couldn't find any compound verb in the dictionaries starting with that kanji. I don't even know if the verb is "mikitsukeru", I just imagine that because of the conjugation.

Anyone who helps me with this translation will be given the respective credit for it. Thank you very much!!!! Until the next translation!!!

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

2) I have a feeling that is 'hikitsukeru'. That's because it's using the kanji in 魅かれる. These are wordplay I think people like you would find hard to understand...

...so that you know where you can find me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hey what was that????? Is that reply some kind of joke????? I mean the one of the cat. Nevermind, thank you azu for your help, the point is that I'm used to using another kanji for hikitsukeru, and when I looked for the reading of the other one, the program showed me it was only mi not hi.

With your help I'm almost done, issue number 2 is closed, now I need the other one so that I can submit the translation.

Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

>魅きつけられて
    Let's start with this one since although AzureDark-san has already provided the correct answer, you could do with a little elaboration. It's a play on words:

魅する ("misuru") = to charm, fascinate (a person or an audience)
    引き付ける ("hikitsukeryu") = to charm, to attract (a person or audience)

As you can see, the above are different words but share almost the same meaning. However, there is a slight difference in the nuance (魅する implies a mystical or magical force is at work, while 引き付ける implies a more physical power, like gravity). So the line uses the kanji "魅" in the phrase "引き付ける" to express the former's nuance within the latter.

>1)行き先モロカブッてる
    What's tripped you up here is the following colloquial jargon.

モロ -> Youth slang for "totally". ex. 「モロ風邪ひいた」 -> "I, like, totally caught a cold".

かぶる -> "to be the same as the other". For example, if you happen by chance to be wearing the same sweater as your friend, you might say 「(俺たちの)セーターがかぶってる」.

Hence,
    行き先モロカブッてる-> [Our/their] destination are, like, totally the same.
    Last edited by Datenshi; 01-05-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thank you very much Datenshi, you are right about slangs, many of them are never taught in foreign countries or you can't find them in dictionaries and hence the confusion. As promised, I'll give you and AzureDark the credit for those 2 lines when I submit the translation. I think I would have never been able to figure out those 2 lines without your help.

Thank you very much.

Closed Thread

Thread Information