AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: magick

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 09:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default magick

A new wallpaper from me, again a collaboration with kozu. We slapped in every single design cliche we could, so it's much different from the stuff we usually make. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	magick_1920.jpg‎
Views:	104
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	23362  

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 10:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Oh how long it's been~ Lol I wonder if you still remember me Mu.

Anyways, onto critique! Horrah for cliche! Honestly, as long as you make it work well, cliche can be totally fine, and it works well here . I really like the magicky//wispy effects, could you share how you did those?

Now my first gripe would be the cross-hatch-ish pattern that shows up on the darker parts of the chara. I dunno why but I just can't seem to get it to fit in, though it does make her seem to be more part of the picture//background. That being said, it might just be because it conflicts with the plain solid-white drop-shadowy outline. One thing about that which bothers me is that it seems like for the most part, the "shadow" is shifted to the left (ref point elbow/hair/necklace), but on her hat it seems to be shifted in more than one direction (ref point left of hat, right of hat, tip of hat). which makes it look a little awkward and out or place. So I'd suggest fixing that shift, and maybe make it more..."textury(?)" to help blend with the other elements.

I hope that helps Might drop in again randomly to see when this is done lol.
    Last edited by EternalBlue; 01-08-2009 at 10:25 AM.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 09:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I thought you were dead - nice to see you alive and lurking around here. So many oldskool wallers are inactive nowadays.

I like that halftone pattern and it's not going anywhere despite all the complaints, halftones are sexy <_< I understand the issue with the solid white outline being shifted around and not how a drop shadow should look like, but to be honest I'm way too lazy to do anything about it now since it's completed. I'll have it in mind tho, thanks for the critique.

That thingy in her hand though is basically an Apophysis render duplicated, rotated and transformed a few times plus a few blobs of colour/dots drawn in - nothing really complicated.

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Closed Thread

Thread Information