AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Do you honestly think Light was a bad person?

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arrancar Grimmjow View Post
    When he first got the Death Note, he wasn't really a bad person. He just wanted to get rid of criminals. Then the power got to his head and he got more caught up with trying to kill L than actually killing the criminals. That's when he became a crazy bad guy killing innocent people because they wanted to capture him or because they knew stuff he didn't want them to know. Also the fact that he wanted to be the God of the new world was a little over the top for a good guy :x
    I'm sorry to say, he started loosing it as soon as he got a hold of the power. He was just using the "I'm saving the world" line to justify all of his actions. See, less than a week after he obtained the power and BEFORE L even showed up he said, and I quote "I will become the God of this new world."

Yeah, didn't really need L to inspire that crazy, power-mongering ideaology which makes him eager to kill anyone who poses even a minor threat to him. He got there all on his own, and that's just because of that old adage "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." I believe this is the theme of the entire manga/anime. Cause, when he loses his memory, you see that, without the influence of the power he had, he's actually a very likeable, responsible, honest, good-natured person, but as soon as he retrieves the Death Note he returns to the ol' psychopath, we all know and love.

By the way, Light is probably my favorite character in the entire the show, but that's just because I love me some crazy! Plus he's an effin' genius. And those two things, my friends = awesome, in my book.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

~ Aura ~ Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight has a reputation beyond repute Legend of the Twilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 02:48 PM
    Threads

Light was the biggest a$$hole I've ever seen in an anime. He got what he deserved in the end of the series. He was just power hungry and a hypocrite. He thought of himself as a god! Talk about some arrogance. Then he'd tell people how immoral they are, while at the same time USING people and killing off anyone he didn't like!
    ~ Aura ~

"If you are near to the dark
    I will tell you 'bout the sun
    You are here, no escape
    From my visions of the world
    You will cry all alone
    But it does not mean a thing to me ..."

Senior Member yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts 006 - Charizard Gurren Dai Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2011 05:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: omega yakman

Light wasn't a bad person at first, he was doing what he thought was best for the world and sacrificing himself to do it. It wasn't until later that he became somewhat of a jerk and no longer cared about saving the world, but being God.

In his position, I probably would have killed some bad people too, just not to the extreme like he did.

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, another one of my beefs with his whole "kill criminals" thing, is that he works under the assumption that everyone in prison is guilty. There have been MANY MANY MANY people convicted of crimes that they had NOTHING to do with. How do you justify killing those people, especially since there is no way to really know which are truly innocent and which are truly guilty? (Unless you have infallible proof, which is also difficult to come by.)

As smart as Light is, this is an obsticle to such a goal. However, Light kills indiscriminantly. If they're in prison, or even if they were JUST taken in as a suspect for a crime (see the episodes when he was first put under surveilence by L) he kills them. It's a complete error in logic and judgement plus it's a very unrealistic campaign he embarks on. This and the many other reasons I have posted are the reasons why I don't consider Light a good person. Not one bit.

However, he is my favorite character. He's freakin' awesome. But he is definately NOT a good guy.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Senior Member Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55 has a reputation beyond repute Shinigami_55's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2011 06:15 AM
    Threads

of curse Light is a good guy;evry person tht thinks tht is doing something for th humanity nd only him can do it is nutsy good guy!its like evry dictator;is doing th bst he can,bt is not enough!!

Jeezy Creezy kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan has a reputation beyond repute kero_-_chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-07-2009 08:41 PM
    Threads

i follow Lights beleifs to the letter and if i had the deathnote, id do the exact same things with it.

set made by someone very dear to me, who i doubt you know.

Cherubim Delight 4 All Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji has a reputation beyond repute Seta Souji's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2010 11:49 PM
    Threads

In the beginning he had good intentions but as L, Near, and Mellow closed in on him, he had to sacrifice innocent lives in order to outsmart them.

Junior Member skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon has much to be proud of skyethedemon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2009 08:00 AM
    Threads

i think he was bad right from the start. He may have wanted to make the world a nicer place but you cant do it by killing people no matter how bad they are.

Cold-Blooded IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess has a reputation beyond repute IcePriestess's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2011 10:46 AM
    Threads

Lightbulb

I don't think Light was really a bad person. Everything would have been ok, if he didn't let the anger take over. Just try to imagine yourself in his situation. I think i would have done the same thing. But the bad thing was, that he wanted to become a god. I think just getting rid of the criminals was ok. ( actually when he died in the end I cried)

Senior Member Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan has a reputation beyond repute Moko Chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Eye Patch 025 - Pikachu Shark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2012 02:13 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mandysmurf

I thought what Light was doing was wrong. Yeah sure the criminals had to be punished for what they did but.. they didnt have to be punished by death.

Member Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2009 04:04 PM
    Threads

Light was my favorite character, to bad he got killed at the end...sad face = (, he ended up getting sloppy by making some minor mistakes I think...even though he killed L Light was awsome...curse you Near and switching the deathnote with a exact copy ><
    When there is nothing to lose there is always something to gain.

The Star Scout SailorTwilight is just really nice SailorTwilight is just really nice SailorTwilight is just really nice SailorTwilight is just really nice SailorTwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2009 04:12 AM
    Hoshikakure, the village hidden in the stars
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by IcePriestess View Post
    I don't think Light was really a bad person. Everything would have been ok, if he didn't let the anger take over. Just try to imagine yourself in his situation. I think i would have done the same thing. But the bad thing was, that he wanted to become a god. I think just getting rid of the criminals was ok. ( actually when he died in the end I cried)

I agree with you all the day on this. If I had the power to kill the people that needed to die because of their sins then i would of wrote their names in the Death Note. Also, I cried so much for him at the end that my eyes was bloodshot red. T~T I wuv my Light!!!!! T~T *sobs*

Light was not a bad person, he just wanted peace installed into the world and would of gotten away with it if it wasn't for Toushiro's look alike Near messing up his plan. >.<

Majestic bird flowing through the heavenly sky...without a simple care of the world

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SailorTwilight View Post
    I agree with you all the day on this. If I had the power to kill the people that needed to die because of their sins then i would of wrote their names in the Death Note. Also, I cried so much for him at the end that my eyes was bloodshot red. T~T I wuv my Light!!!!! T~T *sobs*

Light was not a bad person, he just wanted peace installed into the world and would of gotten away with it if it wasn't for Toushiro's look alike Near messing up his plan. >.<
    Then you would've been labeled as a murderer by now. People would be trying to find out who it was. I think they would be having an easier time finding you as chances are, you're not as high up there in knowhow as Light and L.

Fantards don't seem to get it. Light was a power hungry murderer, a very bad person, in my eyes, if you ask me.

Junior Member LolitaDoll will become famous soon enough LolitaDoll's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2009 11:27 AM
    Threads

Well, i am a fan of Light's, but I understand your point ^ ^
    Light wasn't really good from the beginning...Killing is a bad thing- if he kills, doesn't that just make him evil too? Besides, in the end, like other ppl are saying, he wanted to be god. He threw people away once they were of no use to him.
    I'm a fan of light's because of his evil personality and cunning tactics, but in the end the task force got to him D:

Little Miss Runaway ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Mithrosent~'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2010 12:56 PM
    Dancing in the middle of the street. Doing what I do best. (Nyc..)
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I WISH!

I don't think he's a villain really. Just someone who started off with good intentions, and it ended up taking over everything he did and thought of. It was an addiction. The dream of having a world and being the ruler seemed to fit neatly with him. xD.
    -Just tell me baby, Tell me I'm crazy, You know it's what makes your heart scream "Take me"..-Mithrosent

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mithrosent~ View Post
    I don't think he's a villain really. Just someone who started off with good intentions, and it ended up taking over everything he did and thought of. It was an addiction. The dream of having a world and being the ruler seemed to fit neatly with him. xD.
    Fit neatly, yes but it got him killed. Justice prevailed as it should always.

Member Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread is infamous around these parts Hibiki-Vandread's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-03-2009 04:04 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mithrosent~ View Post

agreed it was the power of the death note that corupted light, his intentions were good. cursed addictions lol...still though even though he became corrupted with the power he had still was sad that he ended up dieing at the end, and yes it would have fit him neatly if he had achieved his dream.
    When there is nothing to lose there is always something to gain.

Rising Falcon! Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody has a reputation beyond repute Seņor Nobody's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Present Gurren Kamina Glasses
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2012 09:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ErraticKyosuke

Light Yagami: Ego-maniac jack who kills indiscriminately. Let's forget the fact that he wanted to make the world a better place, what he did was murder. He also killed many innocent people like L, Raye Penbar, Raye's fiance (I never remembered her name). Also, he killed criminals who were probably framed, regretted what they did, and those whose crimes were nothing! (Petty robbery)

His logic fails and I'm happy he died.
    I now know what hell sounds like; I recommend a tactical nuclear strike on my position. Tell my family I love them.

I'm No Angel! Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai has a reputation beyond repute Tenshi Ja Nai's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2013 07:59 AM
    Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States, 109436565740998, Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Threads

I love Light but he was not all there in the head. XD

:-* lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious has a reputation beyond repute lovelicious's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2010 06:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Light was my favorite character in the beginning. I understand his meaning of the world. I mean, thoughts like 'This world is rotten and someone has to change it, etc.. Still, as the story went on, he began to change. He began to kill anyone that got in his way and think himself as God. That's when I started to think that he is too much. He got carried on, I guess.

"When the world is running down, you make best of what's still around."
    "Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Senior Member yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692 is just really nice yakman1692's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts 006 - Charizard Gurren Dai Gurren Dan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-10-2011 05:29 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: omega yakman

The argument that some of the people he killed didn't deserve to die is true, but there are plenty of innocent people who die for a better world.

While some people may say what Light did was wrong, he made the world a better place. Crime was down, even if it was out of fear. And even after Light died, the crime rate would probably stay down for a while because the people would be afraid Kira would come back.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread Information