AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you honestly think Light was a bad person?

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, like many people over here have said, Light originally had noble intention of bringing peace to the world, however too much power in his hand changed his personality slowly and he became more and more addicted to the death note the more he used it. It was a huge power in the hand of a single person so, any common individual would have found it hard to control their inner evil desires.

So, initially he was not a bad person, just a common person, but later on the presence of death note turned him evil.

So, I would just say he became evil due to the influence of the death note.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Junior Member Yuki_snow_flake is on a distinguished road Yuki_snow_flake's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 03:28 AM
    Threads

well...i think he was a good person 'cuz he wanted a world without crimes and killers =]
    Music is my life
    Music has a poetry of its own and that poetry its called melody...

I love Vampires and Rock music ^^ and snow

Senior Member ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy has a reputation beyond repute ichimoku_fanboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2010 04:34 PM
    Threads

i honesty think he was a good person at heart.. he just got a little... sidetracted with the whole L intervention

Light was a really smart person that hated crime wit a vengeance, i almost think it was destined for him to find the death note, it was almost... too perfect
    -eyes dart around room-

Member flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman is a splendid one to behold flclamvman's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-24-2009 02:03 AM
    Threads

I seriously wish a utopia was possible, but it isn't.
    that's why i was rooting for L the whole time.
    Light had good intentions but an unrealistic goal

check out my Doodles and Sketches here
    http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...53#post2243253

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki_snow_flake View Post
    well...i think he was a good person 'cuz he wanted a world without crimes and killers =]
    But he killed those killers...That's murder, a crime. Talk about hypocritical.

He isn't good. No criminal is good. Crime is bad and Light payed the price with his own life.

Junior Member Funkazilla is on a distinguished road Funkazilla's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 01:08 AM
    Threads

His plan sounded good. At first it sounded like he could get rid of crime. But would he just stop there. He killed people for just about anything in the end. He even said it himself, that he would punish people for lesser crimes once the hardened criminals had been removed. I would really hate to be condemned to death for tax evasion or something silly like that. As broken as legal systems might be, they are better than summary execution. This isn't the court of robocop.

Anime Sekai Kenkyuuin GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™ has a reputation beyond repute GrimStride™'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Systems NES Systems NES Controller Iron Man MkII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2011 10:45 AM
    Threads

The idea was good but the means weren't.Although it would have been perfect if he killed himself in the end after secceeding like the main character in CodeGeass

the darkness in the light _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_ has a reputation beyond repute _-Midnight-_'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 06:14 AM
    Threads

I agree with light but that dosent mean he was right
    Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
    nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

The Final Uchiha Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke has a reputation beyond repute Dark-Sasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2013 09:40 PM
    Threads

The director intentionally made light to be morraly fixated on a double edged blade of desicions to get people discussing, read it somewhere :S . In the words of FMA "Humankind can not obtain anything without first sacrificing something" i guess Light new the consequences, but for once in mankind, acted for the future instead of planning for the future. I'd say he was a good guy with morales, but his determination would force him to make decisions to disregard morales for the good of man-kind, he changed himself for the better of mankind from his standpoint. For the victims i guess he was a bad guy because a murder can never be justified. I guess it depends on who's stand point you take

Junior Member demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard has much to be proud of demon ninja vizard's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2009 06:09 PM
    Threads

NOTE: I am sorry, but I just felt a little lazy to read what you've said…sorry again.

In Death Note, I never really saw anyone as a "good" nor a "bad" guy because this is actually one of the few were you can't put any of the star characters into the categories. They ["L" and Light] were both on the same side of thinking, wanting to bring justice to the world, but they both had totally different ways of doing it—Light with his Death Note and "L" going through the court process(es). However, if I was forced to put Light into a categories it would have to be as a "good" guy, just with some bad ways of going about it.

Member samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001 is infamous around these parts samurai_fang001's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 03:42 PM
    Threads

to an extent I think Light was a modern day example of a shakespearian fallen hero. He was good at first but he let the power go to his head. I mean he kills people he was close with, HE EVEN LET HIS OWN FATHER GET KILLED DANG IT ALL! I think that if Light didn't touch the death note or refused it's power I think he would've been a pessimistic joe like the rest of us...

Junior Member rulezz is infamous around these parts rulezz is infamous around these parts rulezz is infamous around these parts rulezz is infamous around these parts rulezz is infamous around these parts rulezz is infamous around these parts rulezz's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2009 04:31 AM
    Threads

good?no!
    evil?no!
    awesome?yes!
    http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?rulezzz
    check out, it's a cool animebased game^^

You want some, punk? mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000 has a reputation beyond repute mimichan1000's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Bleach Kon Double Bento Pocky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2013 05:58 PM
    in the dojo doing laundry with Kenshin ^_^
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Byakuya_Girl

Exclamation

No i liked Light alot.
    I did not see him as a villian.
    He kept me entertained.

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Ok, let's just throw out the killing criminals part. Let's just pretend that doesn't happened becuase that's kind of difficult to decide from just that.

How about the fact that he was killing countless innocents like the FBI members tracking him down just to cover his arse? Or the fact that he started killing people who were HELPING him, again, just to cover his arse? Or the fact that he WANTED to kill people with nothing but minor character flaws like being lazy or lying (which, actually basically means killing almost everybody), by the end of it? Or the fact that RIGHT AFTER he started killing, all he could think about was being a god and obtaining more power?

Yeah. No. He is NOT a good person. His intentions may have been good at first but he's really just an egocentric mass murderer looking out for numero uno and nobody else. By the end of series, if you think about what he was doing, to the extreme he was taking everything and how all of his judgments just kept escalating beyond all reason, he's really just systematically enslaving the whole planet.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 04-10-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Junior Member SteelFlex is just really nice SteelFlex is just really nice SteelFlex is just really nice SteelFlex is just really nice SteelFlex is just really nice SteelFlex's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-14-2009 03:28 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Got Ps3 :P

Light wasnt a good guy. He is somewhat like Pain from Naruto :P
    I am new here . .

Member kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me has a reputation beyond repute kira-killed-me's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2009 12:48 PM
    Threads

I think that when he started he had good intentions although he became obsessed with winning, so his intentions become clouded over.
    Click for the Death Note society

I heard that people stopped watching death note when L died... although I think more people stopped watching death note when Light died.

Senior Member blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight has a reputation beyond repute blackrosetwilight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2014 01:53 PM
    I live some where in Michigan and thats all Im telling
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by kira-killed-me View Post
    I think that when he started he had good intentions although he became obsessed with winning, so his intentions become clouded over.
    yep I second what you just said

Member 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2009 05:07 PM
    Threads

raito had good intentions in the begining, but "as with the power comes the responsibility", he later became corrupted by his power and crossed the border of sanity xD
    HIS WILL IS BEYOND REACH...

...EVERY TIME YOU TRY, YOU DONT STRETCH FAR ENOUGH.

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 03:47 PM
    Threads

Yup, I totally agree that his intentions started out good, but he spiraled down a dark path with his obsession to win, losing his morality in the process.

However, the seed was always there from the start, with his God Complex and Narcissism. However good his intentions were, he had always felt that he was above others and qualified to judge them, which is a major flaw in his own character.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Member 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn has a brilliant future 4mourn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-21-2009 05:07 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Neddog View Post
    Yup, I totally agree that his intentions started out good, but he spiraled down a dark path with his obsession to win, losing his morality in the process.

However, the seed was always there from the start, with his God Complex and Narcissism. However good his intentions were, he had always felt that he was above others and qualified to judge them, which is a major flaw in his own character.
    yeah, one great mistake is to underestimate others, especially oponents or enemies, it could lead to defeat xD
    HIS WILL IS BEYOND REACH...

...EVERY TIME YOU TRY, YOU DONT STRETCH FAR ENOUGH.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

When he first got the Death Note, he wasn't really a bad person. He just wanted to get rid of criminals. Then the power got to his head and he got more caught up with trying to kill L than actually killing the criminals. That's when he became a crazy bad guy killing innocent people because they wanted to capture him or because they knew stuff he didn't want them to know. Also the fact that he wanted to be the God of the new world was a little over the top for a good guy :x
    Last edited by Archaic Devices; 04-12-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

The JUNKFOOD EXPERT
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2010 10:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Arrancar Grimmjow View Post
    When he first got the Death Note, he wasn't really a bad person. He just wanted to get rid of criminals. Then the power got to his head and he got more caught up with trying to kill L than actually killing the criminals. That's when he became a crazy bad guy killing innocent people because they wanted to capture him or because they knew stuff he didn't want them to know. Also the fact that he wanted to be the God of the new world was a little over the top for a good guy :x
    I totally agree with you but let me add something.I believe that even if he didn't get the death note he would do something evil. He was always like that, you can tell in the first episode.Didnt nobody notice that he didnt question about a shinigami creature being in his room.A sane person would question about it.I would be kind of freak out because I would think that im going crazy.Besides that,I totally think you are right.
    Last edited by LOVE STUFF; 04-13-2009 at 01:03 AM.
    "Nothing’s gonna take us down"

Senior Member Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog has a reputation beyond repute Neddog's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-03-2013 03:47 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by YoSK View Post
    I totally agree with you but let me add something.I believe that even if he didn't get the death note he would do something evil. He was always like that, you can tell in the first episode.Didnt nobody notice that he didnt question about a shinigami creature being in his room.A sane person would question about it.I would be kind of freak out because I would think that im going crazy.Besides that,I totally think you are right.
    Yup, I agree. There's something not right about that boy. As there usually is with somebody who believes he's destined to be God of the new world.
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

Member Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14 has a reputation beyond repute Sapphire14's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2014 09:52 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: OnyxBird

He was all right in the beginning. Then he started going insane and power-hungry. He got a bit too cocky and that lead him to the end. I'm a supporter of L so yeah. L was awesome and in my eyes was the real "good guy".

The JUNKFOOD EXPERT
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF has a reputation beyond repute LOVE STUFF's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2010 10:37 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Neddog View Post
    Yup, I agree. There's something not right about that boy. As there usually is with somebody who believes he's destined to be God of the new world.
    LOL yup!!definitely!!(^_^)
    "Nothing’s gonna take us down"

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information