AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you honestly think Light was a bad person?

overkill. .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo has a reputation beyond repute .Gogo's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2012 06:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Light didn't have the right to judge anyone. Though it is true that if the Death Note had fallen into someone else's hands, they could/would have used it for worse purposes, like revenge or greed. However Light thought what he was doing was noble, and in his mind it was the right thing to do, and it was a form of divine justice. However it was never his decision to make, he himself wasn't perfect, either. And in the end he became one of those he had been using the Death Note to kill, and also thought of himself as a 'god' because of his ability to do so. A bad person? I don't know, because I don't judge.

---
    && all the world's a stage
    i existed because i dreamed it;
    i dreamed the world...//

KISEKISTUDIOS | YINGYANGANIME | DEVIANTART | TUMBLR
    [i made the gfx.]

Member Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge has a reputation beyond repute Patchouli Knowledge's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2009 06:27 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by HikariKain View Post
    Hmm... Don`t you think its a little conceited to think that you have that much power? Or that anyone deserves to have that much power?

Take it from this veiw.The person who was being harassed is actually part of a gang. he joined completely willingly, specifically to become more powerful. He`s picked on many-a-person in his time, even killed. He was teasing a small boy one day, just for fun. when the boy went home and told his two older brothers, they go after the gangsta. They catch him alone, and harass him, just trying to show him how it feels to be bullied. You stop them. Are you on the good side, or the bad side? You wouldn`t know the difference. While both sides are tainted, but one is worse than the other, and is it your right to chose which one is to be punished?

This is the right Light reserves by using the death note. And it is a right he reserved from the begining. It only gets worse from there

I think those brothers do have the right to pick on that person, because there protecting the weak, instead of harassing the weak, like light did in the beginning, he wanted to get rid of all the criminals because he wanted to make a better world for the people who constantly get picked on and stuff. But I think he was later on corrupted by the power when he also started to kill innocent people just so that he could be ''god''. from there one he was being wrong.

Also if you saw the end you could see that he regret what he had done, people who aren't good born evil and corrupt don't feel that kind of regret in the end.

Light became bad when he wanted to play god instead of saving people
    Last edited by Patchouli Knowledge; 02-05-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Last Signature made by me

Member HikariKain is on a distinguished road HikariKain's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2009 12:04 PM
    Up two flights of stairs, end of the hallway, if you fall out the window, you've gone too far.
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    I think those brothers do have the right to pick on that person, because there protecting the weak, instead of harassing the weak, like light did in the beginning, he wanted to get rid of all the criminals because he wanted to make a better world for the people who constantly get picked on and stuff.
    Yeah, I get that. Which is why I wrote it. If a person were to walk in the middle of the harrassing, it would seem as though the brothers were the antagonists.

do you believe that light should have died? not for the meaning of the anime, but as a person, does anyone really deserve to die?

I kinda believe in what Light did, to be honest. But that doesn`t mean it`s something I endorse. Bad people exist. Such is the way of the world. But good people exist too, and it`s never easy to tell them apart. Light isn`t god, he never was, and he should not have been so conceited as to think that he could use the power of a god.

btw, thanks for this debat (so far =P), it`s been refreshing ^.^
    Bye-bye... Ochibichan...

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation hitokiribattousai_azumi is on a distinguished road hitokiribattousai_azumi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2009 09:11 PM
    Threads

Default light is kind of both good and evil

Light, i think is both good and evil.... good meaning he wants for the world to be a safe place and that kind of thing but he is evil because if someone commits a crime once that person cannot ask for forgiveness and make up for it... Light just kills them of quick and makesit look like you have only one shot at life and if you do something wrong expect to die soon that kind of thing... he's cute tho....

unknown LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi. has a reputation beyond repute LiLi.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-01-2010 04:55 AM
    Threads

I don't know.
    Because at first, he wiped out people who are bad and tried to make a new world. But at the end, he started to kill good people who tried to stop him.
    concrete jungles where dreams
    are made of,
    there's nothing you can do~
    I
    NY

STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2012 11:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

He was only trying to clean up Japan of crime. The power of The Death Note only got the worst of his mind and he got carried away, poor bloke. It's easy to get carried away with something like The Death Note, and they say power corrupts, even with good people like Light.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

Junior Member scarlett62 is on a distinguished road scarlett62's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2009 07:25 AM
    Threads

i think he was just trying to do the right thing using the wrong weapons. i started desliking him a little bit when he got really self-centered and was cleaning the world for power and not for humanity

Senior Member AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95 is a splendid one to behold AnimeGirlX95's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2009 01:07 PM
    Threads

DUHHHHHH!!! Light was a total bad guy!!! He killed thousands of people!!! L is 5 times better than Light will ever be!

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 10:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow did my quick typing and miss spelling offend you? Oh i don't care.
    If your going to pick people out for been dyslexic then your a nonse.
    1. I doubt it matters, your sense of caring.

2. A child, am I? Well, pardon me for getting irritated by spelling and grammatical errors.

Now i never said Light was a good person. I did say that in his mind what he was doing was good and he was doing it all for the good of the world. That he was a mixed character! It was quite clearly murder and he took it out of hand.#

And when i said he was just really good and complex i was talking about his character. Not that he himself was doing good. Maybe i should have made that clearer.
    Now if you said this from the start, none of our qualms would've ever happened.

As for what I just put in bold type, officers get paid to handle such a job. Justice should be left to them instead of people playing heroic vigilante from behind the scenes. If an officer needs help, I can understand a bystander or two helping. That's good citizenship. Would you agree?

Member RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller has a reputation beyond repute RumSwiller's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-12-2009 01:36 AM
    Threads

Like most other people have already stated, I agree with them not considering him a villain. BUT, He was still killing people. Regardless if they are a criminal or not, THAT is still against the law. So, technically, he IS a criminal, but with good intention? I really enjoyed the death note series.

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RumSwiller View Post
    Like most other people have already stated, I agree with them not considering him a villain. BUT, He was still killing people. Regardless if they are a criminal or not, THAT is still against the law. So, technically, he IS a criminal, but with good intention? I really enjoyed the death note series.
    That's being a criminal with what he believed to be good intention. Idealism pales in comparison to realism. If someone kills when they aren't authority, they are a criminal, regardless of whether they did it out of "good intention" or not.

Junior Member Kurezi is on a distinguished road Kurezi's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2009 08:01 PM
    Threads

He was both good and bad. In the end, his ego got the best of him.

Nonconfirmist Goatherder Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov has a reputation beyond repute Aizmov's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-02-2014 11:38 PM
    Threads

Yes!
    No one has the right to pass judgment on people!
    Kira took things too far and started murdering innocent people!
    I hated him!

Best Death Note episode was

when he died

Forever 12. Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori has a reputation beyond repute Memento Mori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 08:01 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FallenBabyDoll View Post
    Sometimes people don't know how to explain themselves better.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.
    I don't.

Anything you can do to keep yourself from looking like a moron, do it.

And, no, I do not believe Light was the good guy. He was the villian all the way.

While his intentions of having a peaceful world were great, the law should not be placed into the hands of one person. He abused the power severely in the end. In fact, all the way through, he just wanted to power.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 03-07-2009 at 12:24 AM.
    On this day of days, most epic and prideful, you were born 15 whole American years ago!
    Through the odds and by doing the impossible, you beat out hundreds of thousands of siblings in the great sperm race for the coveted egg.
    Probably via hax.
    Regardless! You won!
    So remember, whenever someone picks on you or calls you weak or small.
    Just remind them that you beat out a few hundred thousand other wimps.

And the grand prize was not dying!

Member Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero is a splendid one to behold Knightmare_Zero's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2009 02:21 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 8138581223657272

i supported light because he wanted to do something good for the world

both made by me

Senior Member MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION has a reputation beyond repute MUSION's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-03-2009 06:41 AM
    Threads

I guess in the typical 'killing is wrong no matter what' point of view, Light was a 'bad person'. Though the question asks for what I think. Personally, no, I don't think he was a bad person and I support what he did 100%. Even before he had the Death Note, Light wanted the world to change. Then he got the choice, change the world by killing people, or don't change the world. I damn well know which I'd pick.

While I do see it a favourable to chuck scum in prison, hoping that it will deter others (also so that they can suffer for whatever they did and maybe even change their ways), it costs other peoples' time and money to do so, which just isn't worth it. Although, the reason that they're there makes a difference.

EDIT: Fixed a mistake.
    Last edited by MUSION; 03-13-2009 at 08:22 PM.

Junior Member Kotensho is on a distinguished road Kotensho's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2009 07:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
    Yes!
    No one has the right to pass judgment on people!
    Kira took things too far and started murdering innocent people!
    I hated him!

Best Death Note episode was

when he died

What Kira did was right in every way.
    He tried to get rid of all the injustice in the world.
    I know innocent lives were took but that is the price for a peaceful world.
    I, myself would gladly sacrifice my self for Kira's cause.

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 05:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

Damn i would too, i actually looked up to him.

Junior Member ProGoddess is on a distinguished road ProGoddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2009 07:08 AM
    Threads

Light, in my opinion, is a person who is looking for justice according to his own will. I cant tell whether this is considered right or wrong. In fact there isnt. However in the eye of the law, he does seem to be "wrong" to kill or take another person's life whenever he feels like.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kotensho View Post
    What Kira did was right in every way.
    He tried to get rid of all the injustice in the world.
    I know innocent lives were took but that is the price for a peaceful world.
    I, myself would gladly sacrifice my self for Kira's cause.
    Wrong. It is impossible for him to get rid of injustice in the world. Injustice is ongoing. As a result, he would continuously be killing. I don't call that right. I call that murder. Murder is a crime. He is committing injustice by murdering others but nooo. (Intentional stretching of the "nooo") You see a murderer as a god and you supporting him would make you one of the world's enemies. Your friends and family would turn their backs on you.

Light, in my opinion, is a person who is looking for justice according to his own will. I cant tell whether this is considered right or wrong. In fact there isnt. However in the eye of the law, he does seem to be "wrong" to kill or take another person's life whenever he feels like.
    Looking for justice by stopping injustice of his own will. That's being a vigilante. That's a wrongdoing right there. He is also trying to play god so there's another wrongdoing, despite that being more of a moral issue.

Junior Member yesha is just really nice yesha is just really nice yesha is just really nice yesha is just really nice yesha's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2009 09:51 PM
    Threads

Lightbulb hmm

i think 1st time he is a good person then he changed to a very evil person that only think about his dream to become the god of new world
    ssn-yesha-14390

Junior Member 1313 is on a distinguished road 1313's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2009 05:04 PM
    Threads

yeah i suupported light but i found some of the killings were unncesary such as the yotsuba group.

Senior Member Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga has a reputation beyond repute Zenga's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2009 10:17 PM
    Threads

His goal was noble, but he became a total douche trying to reach it. In the end, he was a very arrogant man with a god-complex with no meaningful connection to anyone.

Senior Member Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One has a reputation beyond repute Doctor One's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2012 12:16 AM
    Threads

Isn't that like 1000 counts of homicide?
    Gee, I'm pretty sure that's bad.

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 06:13 AM
    Threads

He was a very very bad man.
    SMILE!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information