AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Momiji's Fun Stuff

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Momo's thingies

So I'm completely new with this fun filled activity and it often leads to instantaneous rage. However, I'm learning and experimenting so I'm sure I'm getting better. I've had as many failures as I've had successes but hey I do enjoy spending 5 hours to realise that IT BURNS MY EYES!!!!

So I'd thought I'd start with my first sig which is so bad I can't stop laughing. If I recall correctly, I used quick mask mode for the extraction. . . . LOL. It must have taken ages and that's why the edges are more like a saw.

Then I didn't touch CS3 for months and had a string of eyesores. I created this mess which I don't plan on touching again. Extraction choices . . . . geee.

Then some completely random night I did these.

They turned out great and I got the bug again. Now I only just messed with fractal pattens and have not tried to touch the wonderful pen or brush tools. I'll probably stab things with them later on.

After my exams I did this guy:

I love the contrast and it's my favourite to date. Best of all, it took me 1.5 hours to do which is a fraction of the other projects.

Sooooo I got bored of the fractals and decided to do something different. "Let's work with an image" said the brain. So I took this random image and to be completely different, I got myself an army game dude. Very un-Momo for the zero cuteness. Anyhoo this thing just peed me off and I just could not get it to turn into something. The original picture had NOTHING in the top left and I think the lack of detail caused me to go on a witch hunt .. . .

Oh yeah that was the first time I messed with patterns. I think you could use them all the time but I'd rather not. Well my friend created this on the computer and I decide to KILL IT. Again going with the original picture, I wanted to have a sig that wasn't altered too much. I adore this picture [I'm going to buy a huge print from her] so it was a no to an extraction. Since I didn't want to do much I ended up going insane with the blur tool and just wacked the same pattern as the above sig. I did experiment with some c4ds and fractals but it just made the sig rather cluttered.

Anyhoo attack me with various stabbing weapons so I can improve.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

MOMI!!!!! You gots a siggy thread! YAY! Okay, I get to be the first to attack you with stabby weapons!

1st- Its very simple and and nice. I like that about it. I think you coulda done a white and black border type thing...not sure how it would turn out, but mmm. I think you also could put a black stroke around the text to make it seem more there, unless you wanted it to be apart of the background and very subtle. The font and the mode could be changed as well. By mode, I mean like hardlight, softlight, gradient merge, etc. Overall, its nice and simple.

2nd- I LOVE THE BACKGROUND! Its very pretty. The colors are really nice and they go very well together. The text is perfect with the wonderful background so good job! The character doesn't really seem to go with the background very well though. I think he needs more of a blur into the background because he seems like he was cut out and just pasted there. I'm not sure if CS3 is like GIMP so I could tell you stuff and it probably wouldn't make sense.

3rd- Its so intense. It looks like they are in a really cool place and I like how you did the background. The image quality isn't that great, but you could probably sharpen it and it would be fine. The text is sharp and clear and you placed it well. Nice job on that. It still sorta seems like you cut the characters out of something, but a little blurring of the edges can fix that. I like this one a lot.

4th- Another AMAZING background. Totally love it tons. It think you could have make the text sharper like the one in the 3rd siggy but its fine. I love this one lots and lots. The background is so pretty and you have such a good choice in color. The characters go better with this background and I really like it. This one is my favorite.

5th- Ahwwww, its so cute. I like the characters but I don't think they need such an in depth background. You can use the color chooser and pick the light gray off of them and do something simple. For this one, I think the text should be the same as the text in the first signature. I love the contrast though. Its very pretty-full. I <3 this lots.

6th- This one is really good. You did such a good job on the background and border and its just so ahhhhh-ness. The text is wonderful and whatever you did in the background is so cool. I totally love all of your backgrounds!

7th- This one has a very elegant feel to it. I like the background and the character is really cool-looking. I love the text as well. I think there could be a little more black in this sig, but other than that, its fine. Good job-ness.

I love your works MOMI! And I hope the various stabby weapons weren't hurtful and you don't have to take into consideration anything I just said, but you'd better make more. <3

Blessed By The Saint TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr has a reputation beyond repute TwylightStarr's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-01-2008 06:56 PM
    Threads

Momo I really like your siggies I think your extractions are good and clean and I love the dark backgrounds too.

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the comments =D

I'll go back and aim to make the extractions blend [key word] with the background. So never touched the 'colour chooser' so yay for a new thing to fiddle with. I really appreciate all of the suggestions Jagan and I'll try to implement them in future projects.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Oh,Momo you have such skills, that is the only brush you have?
    It skills looks great, I just got Photoshopped CS3 and I was I was as good you are.

Okay here are some of my random comment [why random? Because I rule]

1) Is pretty simple but nonetheless great, I can see the hardly visible 2nd layer.
    2) This one is my favorite one of all, I think that the background is amazing, I love the text, and the shadow of the text. The colors flow greatly, I think it is the best one so far.
    3)- lol I still remember where you got that from XD lol, the text is fine but I think you should download some new fonts, the one you have is good, but your sets could be so much better if you had more. This is a very interesting set, lol
    4) More yaoi, I think it is from the same show/game I like the background and text but again you used the same one over and over, it looks great either way.
    5) very cute, but I think the background is too dark of the extraction if that makes any sense to anyone beside me. The background is prolly the best so far.
    6) New background and new colors yay, I think this set is awesome the extraction is nice and flows with the background color flawlessly.
    7) This one is my favorite one, I like the color and I think that it is really good, I like the colors, super great.

I like your sets and looking forward to new stuff from my fellow kitty lover XD

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I do need more fonts. My friend is tempting me with Illustrator but I don't really want to take on a new program yet [might sink and drown]. I've never felt a need to change the font BUT there most likely a font that is better than the one I'm using.

Thanks for the input =].

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

The last one is beautiful! :] I like that one the best, it has an awesome red hue to it.

Your first sig try is WAY better than mine.
    Omg I'm so ashamed of it now that I'm taking it off my sig. LOL.

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post

Then I didn't touch CS3 for months and had a string of eyesores. I created this mess which I don't plan on touching again. Extraction choices . . . . geee.

I have no idea why you call this a mess. It's pretty good actually. Work on placement, and thats just it (for now) :3 Placement of the stuff looks pretty random xD

also, make good use of the effects in the background there ^^
    Over-saturating since '07

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Unli. View Post
    I have no idea why you call this a mess.
    I guess it all started with the poor choice of image.

Anyhoo this is what I've done this arvo. I worked with a tiny image and it wasn't going to be possible to cover up mistakes when scaling down. So it was a bit more iffy. After experimenting with various fractals, I decided to only use them as an effect. So I grabbed some brick pics and then played with them. This time around I used the lasso tool with a 15px feather to lighten the edges of the extract. Then I used the sharpen tool to try to bring the head to the front and then progressively blurred the background so it all meshed. Because the background contains a fair bit of black, the blur isn't really noticeable. I did see a massive difference and the sig looks more connected now. Can I just say that there are too many fonts out there but I sort of liked this one. There wasn't many options to place the text with this one.

Unfortunately the light blue bricks in the background draw too much attention from the image.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok here is another one. The victim:

[shut up I know I left a gradient]

Damn those light rays!!!! This time I worked hard on FLOW.

C&C is welcomed
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 04-24-2008 at 08:21 PM.

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wow, so flawless Momi.

I must say I like the second one a whole lot more. very nice improvements. The text is perfectly placed and perfect font. The colors go really well with each other and they don't clash. I say you use a 1 px simple black border instead of getting really complex, but its fine as it is. The first one doesn't seem like a finished product so I'm not sure if it is or not. I can't tell if there is a border, but the 1 px black border wouldn't harm it. The text on the first one shouldn't be so full like the second one and maybe it could be a white grain merged text. But seriously, these are great. Good job-ellz.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the critique Jagan

Yeah someone pointed out the pixel sword of doom on the blue Thantos sig. lol. I've decided to see what I can do to it.

EDIT : Yeah this was a salvage job alright and on reflection, this probably wasn't the greatest choice of images to work with =p.

EDIT MK II :
    Ok I told myself I wasn't going to touch anything to do with computers for the rest of the day but that lasted all of 20 minutes. I got bored and went image hunting and stumbled across a wallpaper for the new Starcraft II [I'll be 70 before it comes out. . . I've been waiting since 2001 ;o; ]. Sooooo this picture is a god's gift for flow and I tried to make it happen BUT I don't think it happened. It looks alright but I think I messed up the light dynamics [just a tad - maybe a lot].

Wow I saved some useless posts using Mr Editino. Not like I needed a post count with the 95xx spam posts I racked up =>>SHAME<<=

I've done like no work so this will be the last one for a while. BOOO to you UNIPOO.
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 04-22-2008 at 08:23 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok so I decided to make my own ava. Now I'm not really connected with avatar making but I just wanted a simple one. I found a nice Lain from the cover of the dvd box and then fiddled here and there to get this thing.

I had no idea where to place my name but decided on the bottom because it's the safest place to do so. The border thing I pretty much got from Serated's avatar so I hope that's ok with Serated n__n.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Blending. That the only thing that is really key among your signatures to improve if your aiming there. I have never seen half of these stocks before, where are you getting them? And, my border is actually something I took myself from a border brush package from DeviantArt.

Senior Member IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss has a reputation beyond repute IchigoKiss's Avatar
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2009 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Very nice siggies!! ^^
    I love your 2nd one best nice atmosphere xD
    Anyway yes as Serated said you really should work on your blending.
    Well done overall!!~
    (๑΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)
    I still lurk around, you just don't notice.

stalk me

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Serated View Post
    I have never seen half of these stocks before, where are you getting them?
    Alrightie blending it is. I honestly do my own extractions so I've been image hunting at Animecubed and DA

Thank you for your critique as I'm not going to improve otherwise .

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Wait, your getting your stocks from DeviantArt.com?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sorry, I got some background items [fractal patterns] from DA but as for the images, I mainly got them from Animecubed or Animelabs etc. I think I also did a general google image search for the Persona 3 ones but since I got them months a go, I don't know where I went.

The last sig I did, I downloaded a wallpaper from the Starcraft II website. Now this has really got me thinking. Am I in violation of a tonne of copyrights?

I'd also like to know where do you get your images from because the majority of images out there are grainy as all hell.

EDIT : I found one of the sites I got pics from. Anime Stock.

I decided to take a screenshot of an anime and see what I can do with it =3. Thanks to PS for zeee sharpen for it is God. Now this is the first time I've played with some new toys so here it is.

Hmmmm I over sharpened it. Now I'll get a move on and do some better sigs.
    Last edited by MomijiTMO; 04-26-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

And 2 days later. . .. .

I'd said I would make a better sig.

C&C on this would be appreciated.

EDIT : I just found that Serated had already extracted this image. WHY didn't I look first T__T

EDIT V2 : ROFL, I was jumping to conclusions. Serated had not uploaded this image but other ones of the same character.

EDIT MK III : I'm on a roll with edits

Anyhoo I got some ideas and did a rehash. The rehash is way WAY better to my eyes.

Last edited by MomijiTMO; 04-26-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Senior Member darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester has a reputation beyond repute darkjester's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2008 01:10 PM
    Threads

Holy...nice- I love your backgrounds. Some of them- like the "space type ones- seem almost too busy- but the colors are awesome and really makes the main image pop out.
    Your current/new one is great. the second one is better- it seems to pop more with the bright colors and the pink text and line. It kinda flows together better then the -ripple effected area....

Aces High Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion has a reputation beyond repute Scion's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-02-2009 02:46 PM
    Threads

Your current sig is really good! I like it a lot. Good use of colors and blurring. Made the focal point stand out well. Keep up your good work, I'd like to see some vector style sigs and smudging from you

Brownies :Q__ Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny has a reputation beyond repute Daimastuny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-27-2008 12:48 AM
    Threads

Neil deary!! you're doing siggys again :3 lol so far they look kewl. Seems like you're having fun playing PS lol
    The last one looks good, but I can't stop looking at the left side, is it suppose to stand out? o.o oh and I can see the green letters >.>;

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for the comments. I've been busy with that which is hell [aka uni]. I did managed to get this done. This is the first time I've ever used some of the tools and I learned heaps. The text was pretty hard to place and I thought I'd try something new. Not the best one but another sig that taught me a lot.

Extraction done by Serated.

Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Sorry, haven't had much time to comment.

The outstretched arm girl siggy: KYAH! Its so cute, both versions. I am in love with the way you do text. Its so pretty-full. But I do have to say, I like the second one better. They glowy-ness attracts me more, but both of them are amazing. I like how you did the splattey in the back of the first one. Looks nice. In the second one, I do feel like the girl is a little to glowy. Maybe if you used the extract from the first sig and just set it on top of the second one...hmmm, or that might just look weird, I dunno, you can try it if you feel like it, just throwing it out there. Your borders are perfect and make teh siggies complete and overall, I love them.

Little girl: I sorta feel like the background is just too hardcore [what am I saying?] for the little girl. I think it needs to be a softer, less vibrant and simple background. I don't think the black and blue really go well with her. To me, it seems like the pinks and yellows and whites are more of her style. Maybe if you just messed with the color scheme in the background or tried a gradient. As always, the text is perfectly placed and nicely choses. And the borders are amazing as well.

<333

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yeah I've just picked up on colour schemes myself and I actually thought about what colours would go well with my character on my next one. Instead of working with a random stock and smudging it to hell and back, I’m just using a plain background and adding to it. I did take your advice with the borders and the simpler border works.

Thanks for the critique Jagan.

Closed Thread

Thread Information