AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: japanese particles???

Junior Member ophilia is on a distinguished road ophilia's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2008 07:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default japanese particles???

hi everyone..
    howare you all?
    I really need some help right now
    i want to know how to connect the verbs together
    what are the conjunction words such as and,in,at.of,over,to,of and also).
    I know that you will help me so thanks

Junior Member pliers776 is on a distinguished road pliers776's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2008 11:51 PM
    Threads

and:  と
    in: に
    at: に で
    of: の
    over: 上(うえ)
    to: へ(発音 え)
    also: また

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

/puts on Pedantic Hat

Before you start learning another language, it helps to learn the grammar of your first one. Only one of the words you listed, "and", is a conjunction. The rest are prepositions, except for "also," which is an adverb.

Also, since Japanese particles don't really line up exactly in usage or meaning with their closest English equivalents, just listing the direct translations is probably not going to help you much -- you should find a site with a more in-depth discussion of the common particles and how they're used. Unfortunately, I've long since lost the links I used when I first started learning Japanese, but the website-recommendations sticky on this board ought to have some good ones.

(ETA: If English isn't actually your first language, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions there, but my second point still stands.)
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 12-19-2008 at 02:50 AM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by bluepenguin View Post
    /

Before you start learning another language, it helps to learn the grammar of your first one. Only one of the words you listed, "and", is a conjunction. The rest are prepositions, except for "also," which is an adverb.

(ETA: If English isn't actually your first language, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions there, but my second point still stands.)

hi, thank you too much that's help me for be more careful in future
    and yes English isn't my first language but Arabic .
    I am now try to study the Japaneses grammar and that is why i ask for particles if anyone know any good site please let me know.
    thanks again,

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Ophilia, have you learned the basics of Japanese?

[No, not saying that you are doing poorly]. If you haven't, I still have my Japanese books that I used when taking Japanese.

I have part of lesson one up: 日本語ー if you haven't taken the basics. I should be on lesson 2 or 3, but I haven't had the time to work on it. [Crocheting a scarf X_x time consuming!]

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667 has a reputation beyond repute dabura667's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-29-2012 01:16 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo View Post
    Ophilia, have you learned the basics of Japanese?

[No, not saying that you are doing poorly]. If you haven't, I still have my Japanese books that I used when taking Japanese.

I have part of lesson one up: 日本語ー if you haven't taken the basics. I should be on lesson 2 or 3, but I haven't had the time to work on it. [Crocheting a scarf X_x time consuming!]

゛ is not called "tenten" that is like slang to call it because it is two dots... but the name of it is 濁点 だくてん dakuten

゜ is not called "maru" but that is also like slang to call it because it is like a circle... the name of it is 半濁点 はんだくてん handakuten

also, in the hiragana ゑ is the "E" row but you have it in the "U" row, and
    卯 should be "U" row, but is not hiragana... it is the ateji that was used before hiragana is made... the U for the wa column is the same as a column U

This website is good I guess but don't believe everything just because someone says it is so.

But a beginner do not really care about very technical thing that will only be used in pre-war literature.
    「意味分かんねぇ」が口癖
    エロゲに興味無いんだよ!(´・ω・`)mjd

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

[quote=Chocobo;2187728]Ophilia, have you learned the basics of Japanese?

yes, I can say now that I have passed this level.
    I visit the website you give it to me it is nice but i already know the normal words and sentences and i want to move to the next one , i study by myself and have made the levels by myself too .
    now i want to learn how to connect tow words with each other .
    by the way (mina) ja* : if anyone know any website that contain a hiragana words wrote in heragana, romaji and translated please it well help me alot.

arigato gosaimasu,

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by ophilia
    yes, I can say now that I have passed this level.
    I visit the website you give it to me it is nice but i already know the normal words and sentences and i want to move to the next one , i study by myself and have made the levels by myself too .
    now i want to learn how to connect tow words with each other .
    by the way (mina) ja* : if anyone know any website that contain a hiragana words wrote in heragana, romaji and translated please it well help me alot.

arigato gosaimasu,
    I'm in level 2, considered level 3 at FLF. When you say connecting two words, do you mean something like:
    • I went to Wendy's to eat.
    • I run and listen to my CD player.

Or something like that?

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

sorry,
    i mean to use the conjunction words.

Closed Thread

Thread Information