AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Disney movie?

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by kurami mew uchiha
    For the Classicz, it would be Lion King. Here'z my story. When i was just around 5, I had the tape, and it was the first movie I actually felt like crying. So i would watch it over and over again, but never watch the ending. [where Simba's dad dies ='/]
    I hate to burst your bubble, but Mufasa dies well before the end. He dies well near the beginning--Scar dies at the end. That Simba's uncle [Mufasa's brother].

Anyway. I liked the Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Disney was terrible for putting in tiny sexual references that kids wouldn't understand.... "We'll run away together! And start a pride...all our own." The only main problem with LK2 was that they changed the voice actor for Simba. Instead of pronouncing it "zahzoo" he pronounces it "zazoo" [as in Zack].

My next favorite after Beauty and the BatB:TEC and LK2 would be Mulan. I was very similar to Mulan--everything I did seemed to tick off my family; and my dad always said women are worthless. Then I watched Mulan and thought "hey, maybe I can be like her." I still kind of act like Mulan. O_o;; I don't find myself "wife" or "daughter" material because I fail at being girly.

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

Bread's Best Friend Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2010 02:12 PM
    Threads

The Lion King (1 & 2)
    The Aristocats (I'm surprised no one said this one yet!)
    Oliver & Company
    Mulan
    Tarzan
    A Bug's Life
    Pocahontas
    A Toy Story
    Monsters Inc.
    The Fox and the Hound (No one said this one either)
    101 Dalmatians (The real live one was good, too)
    Bambi (Ha! No one said this one!)

That's all I can think of... Oh yeah and Reikableu, Land Before Time is Dreamworks, not Disney. People get those two mixed up.
    Last edited by Mayonnaise-Senpai; 12-29-2008 at 11:07 AM.
    "Up is Down"

im in a great dream Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 11:24 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: *thinks* idk

Man, I have a lot of favorites... but the main reason I used to like Disney movies were because of their catchy and cute songs that I could sing along too and then next their storylines. Altogether the two of those things made their movies awesome.

My favorites:
    Lion King
    Hercules
    Oliver and Company
    The Aristocats
    The Little Mermaid 1 & 2
    The Pirates of the Carribean ALL of them
    Toy Story
    Pocahontas
    Aladdin; mainly the King of Thieves
    Cinderella
    Alice in Wonderland

... Is Cats Don't Dance one?? If it is then that's the last one.
    LOVE YA: HEG <33 PON, KIBUM <3

"Oh oh oh oh Oppareul saranghae. Ah ah ah ah manhi manhihae." - Girls Generstion "Oh"

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

My entire list of favorite Disney movies is:
    • Lion King I
    • Lion King II: Simba's Pride
    • Thumbalina (was that Disney?)
    • Mulan I
    • Mulan II (near the don't like side, though)
    • The Fox and the Hound
    • Beauty and the Beast
    • Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • The Manny Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (even those Disney 30 min shows--I hate My Friends Tigger and Pooh)
    • The Rescuers: Down Under
    • Pocahontas
    • Brother Bear
    • Brother Bear 2

O_o;; those are my all time favorites...I heard there was a Fox and the Hound 2 and a Lady and the Tramp 2, but I've never seen them

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hitohikamisoul777 View Post
    How come nobody sed the Emporer's new groove? I love that movie, and not in a nostalgic kidlike way, it really was a funny movie.

But aside from that I like Nightmare before Christmas. (Best.Stop.Motion.Ever!) and the Lion king, cuz it was a great film.
    the emporer scared me. He's just so wierd. what's his name again? Well, I didn't like him. -_-. . . The Nighmare Before Christmas . . . -Never seen it-

Super Princess Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos has a reputation beyond repute Lavos's Avatar
    Gil
    Volatile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2010 03:11 AM
    Threads

I love Wall-E. Second favorite would have to be the Pirates of the Carribean movies!

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo View Post
    Anyway. I liked the Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. Disney was terrible for putting in tiny sexual references that kids wouldn't understand.... "We'll run away together! And start a pride...all our own." The only main problem with LK2 was that they changed the voice actor for Simba. Instead of pronouncing it "zahzoo" he pronounces it "zazoo" [as in Zack].
    The voice of adult Simba (Matthew Broderick) stayed the same for both Lion King and Lion King II. Disney never changed Simba's voice, not even in Lion King 1/2.

Mayonaise: Land Before Time was not done by Dreamworks; it is a Universal Studios movie. Dreamworks didn't even exist when Land Before Time came out (Land Before Time came out in 1988; Dreamwork wasn't founded until 1997).

Kawairashii hikari: Cat's Don't Dance is not a Disney movie either. It was a Turner Entertainment movie, however it has since merged with Warner Bros, which is a miracle considering the fact that the movie sucked in theaters (I am not saying that the movie was bad but that it did really bad in theaters). The movie cost about $60 million to make; it only made about $3.5 million in theaters (I am an animated movie buff; I am a dork when it comes to animated movies).

Seiko: The movie Anatasia is not a Disney movie (something that is believed by many people); it is a Fox movie. You might have been mistaken when you saw her in Swan Princess since there is an almost 3 year difference between the two movies (by the way, Swan Princess is not a Disney movie either).
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobo View Post
    Thumbalina - woman couldn't have children. Then you have a frog toad thing saying "guchi guchi guchi", and a mole singing about "marrying for love is foolish."
    Thumbalina was made by the Don Bluth animation company, not Disney. Same with Anastasia and some others. Bluth used to work for Disney, though. I do love the Secret of NIMH. <3

As for me... I can't really list any favorite Disney movies because I've liked or loved pretty much every one I've ever seen. With the exception of the sequels, many of which are just...sub-par. EXCEPT for the sequel to The Rescuers, which is, IMHO, better than the original. I love those mice!

I go through short phases where I have to watch certain animated features as many times as I can when I rent the DVD. When I rented Anastasia I watched it every day (once twice a day) but always skipped the scenes with Rasputin because I found him boring. XD A few weeks ago I had rented Hercules and watched that a handful of times before returning it.

Furthermore, Disney has some seriously great soundtracks. is something I never tire of listening to.
    In “The Little Mermaid”: The front of the Original box to this movie, on the castle, is a version of the Male’s reproductive organ. When Ursula is about to marry Eric, the priest who is talking (wedding them), had a boner.
    Hahaha, the part about the castle is right, but not about the priest. It's actually his bony knee sticking out, but it's hard to make out in low-quality VHS tapes and such.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Kick off your stilettos .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat has a reputation beyond repute .Lovebeat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-30-2010 06:59 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Aladdin
    Mulan
    Tarzan
    The Little Mermaid

...well, it's a tie between those four. I know favourite is only one movie, but I can't decide. They all have something that's unique to them that the other movies are missing, that's why I can't choose.

No lies, just love. | tumblr | deviantart (dead)

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Aladdin
    Lion King
    POTC
    A bugs life
    The Incredibles
    Madagascar

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

the system is down iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: lalala itsa secret

i have a few:
    WALL-E, Fantasia, Mulan, Little Mermaid, Lion King, Nightmare Before Christmas...yeah i have some more but i cant remember them all at the moment ^^;

The Rocker Witch Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba has a reputation beyond repute Elphaba's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Four Leaf Clover Watermelon
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wink

i have so many please don't get mad
    here they are:
    Mulan
    Beauty and the Beast
    Snow White
    The Fox and the Hound
    The Jungle Book
    Hercules
    Alice in Wonderland
    The Little Mermaid
    i'm sure i have more i just don't remember if i think of them i'll post again.

[set by blueangel06661]

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I also liked:
    Toy Story
    Wall-E
    and Monster's Inc (though I'm not sure if this was a Disney Movie)

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    I also liked:
    Toy Story
    Wall-E
    and Monster's Inc (though I'm not sure if this was a Disney Movie)
    Pixar gets more credit for those movies than Disney.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

HTC love MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO has a reputation beyond repute MomijiTMO's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 12:42 AM
    Threads

The Lion King. Let's see, I cried in the film XD. [I was like 5 when it came out ok]

Bread's Best Friend Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai has a reputation beyond repute Mayonnaise-Senpai's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts 004 - Charmander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2010 02:12 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Mayonaise: Land Before Time was not done by Dreamworks; it is a Universal Studios movie. Dreamworks didn't even exist when Land Before Time came out (Land Before Time came out in 1988; Dreamwork wasn't founded until 1997).

Oh yeah!!! I ment to say Universal Studios. I didn't mean to type in DreamWorks and Cross Marian, Madagascar is definately DreamWorks, not Disney.
    "Up is Down"

Member *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 10:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 7154951034683337

my favorite Disney movie would have to be the little mermaid. A classic ^-^

Immortal Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute Inferno Alchemist's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2009 08:32 AM
    Threads

Lion King, it has a good mixture of funny and tragic.

And you smell like LIE Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Soccer Ball
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 06:52 PM
    Threads

LION KING<3
    POTC
    Toy Story
    The Fox and the Hound
    The Jungle Book
    Lady and the Tramp
    Oliver and Company
    The Aristocats

Sig by the lovely Cotaku

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

Why hasent anyone mentioned Finding Nemo yet? . I love that movie. Okay it was really pixar.

I liked The emperors new groove.~ llama. lol.

Senior Member mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2009 04:00 PM
    Threads

i like some disney movies soo much i have alittle list
    bambi
    sleeping beauty
    the sword in the stone
    Pocahontas
    toy story
    the lion king
    snow white
    the little mermaid
    mulan
    A goofy movie
    the lady and the tramp
    oliver and company
    the black cauldrin
    the aristocats
    the fox and the hound
    the rescuers down under
    aladdin
    snow white
    pinocchio
    cinderella
    hercules
    dinosaur
    the emperars new groove
    brother bear
    lilo and stitch
    tinker bell
    peter pan
    cars
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    beauty and the beast
    robin hood
    the hunchback of notre dame

thats all i can think or right now

Senior Member Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2009 07:37 PM
    Threads

The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Fox and The Hound, Pocahontas and Mulan. Also some others, but those stand out alot. My favourite childhood films of all time, I think. I definitely have a place in my cold, cold heart for them. I was brought up on Disney films back then. I think most of us were.

Now that's what Disney was really about, making good animated films that children loved. Now they rely entirely on Pixar. Don't get me wrong, I liked Toy Story and A Bug's Life, but it seems that they don't even make traditional cartoons anymore.
    It's all Pixar and teenage soap operas. And the odd real-time family film. But why can't they come up with something as good as The Lion King anymore?
    Last edited by Liquidus Zeromus; 12-22-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    FIGHT THE FUTURE

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidus Zeromus View Post
    The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Fox and The Hound, Pocahontas and Mulan. Also some others, but those stand out alot. My favourite childhood films of all time, I think. I definitely have a place in my cold, cold heart for them. I was brought up on Disney films back then. I think most of us were.

Now that's what Disney was really about, making good animated films that children loved. Now they rely entirely on Pixar. Don't get me wrong, I liked Toy Story and A Bug's Life, but it seems that they don't even make traditional cartoons anymore.
    It's all Pixar and teenage soap operas. And the odd real-time family film. But why can't they come up with something as good as The Lion King anymore?
    Most animated studios nowadays don't use traditional animation anymore; today, anyone who does has made a very poor move. Disney's last traditionally animated movie was (unfortunately) Home on the Range, which did poorly (which is a nice word for it) in the box office, mostly because it was PG and parents decided not to take their kids to the movie (it was only rated PG because of a breast implant joke). Disney had already decided to stop making traditionally animated films, so it didn't affect them too much. They are, however, making a traditionally animated film called The Princess and the Frog, which will be released in 2009. It will have the first Afican-American Disney princess. It was going to released sooner but there was some controversy concerning the main character's name (originally Maddy), saying that it was racist, and the fact that she is a maid to a rich white man in the movie (although the movie takes place during the late 1800s, so this is quite accurate).

Although Disney has been making 3-D animated films now, they have not been relying on Pixar. During that little fight that Disney and Pixar had (because of Toy Story 2), Disney released some 3-D animated films on their own. Meet the Robinsons did very well in theaters and Chicken Little tied with The Lion King in its opening weekend. Even the lastest Disney animated movie, Bolt, was done by the Walt Disney Animated Studios, not Pixar.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2009 07:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Most animated studios nowadays don't use traditional animation anymore; today, anyone who does has made a very poor move. Disney's last traditionally animated movie was (unfortunately) Home on the Range, which did poorly (which is a nice word for it) in the box office, mostly because it was PG and parents decided not to take their kids to the movie (it was only rated PG because of a breast implant joke). Disney had already decided to stop making traditionally animated films, so it didn't affect them too much. They are, however, making a traditionally animated film called The Princess and the Frog, which will be released in 2009. It will have the first Afican-American Disney princess. It was going to released sooner but there was some controversy concerning the main character's name (originally Maddy), saying that it was racist, and the fact that she is a maid to a rich white man in the movie (although the movie takes place during the late 1800s, so this is quite accurate).
    They do poorly because of a lack of good ideas for traditional animation, not a lack of a market, surely? If Disney brought out something good, traditional animation would come back. It just needs to get in touch with its consumers, to make a few more modern cartoons which will engage kids in various magical, witty fantasy tales which will hook them like mad.
    Yeah, kids are growing up faster, and they need to get ahold of that. However, traditional animation can still appeal to kids in the same way as CGI animation. Modern studios just need to hit that sweet spot.
    Unfortunately, the majority of films are made for retards with low attention spans. If I had my way I'd change that and censor short blockbusters, but I don't. Yet.
    FIGHT THE FUTURE

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidus Zeromus View Post
    They do poorly because of a lack of good ideas for traditional animation, not a lack of a market, surely? If Disney brought out something good, traditional animation would come back. It just needs to get in touch with its consumers, to make a few more modern cartoons which will engage kids in various magical, witty fantasy tales which will hook them like mad.
    Yeah, kids are growing up faster, and they need to get ahold of that. However, traditional animation can still appeal to kids in the same way as CGI animation. Modern studios just need to hit that sweet spot.
    Unfortunately, the majority of films are made for retards with low attention spans. If I had my way I'd change that and censor short blockbusters, but I don't. Yet.
    The problem is that Pixar and Toy Story basically set a kind of standard in the US. Also if things arnt getting more CG they are getting more anime styled like Avatar or something. Even the things that are kind of close to traditional animation look more stylized.

Closed Thread

Thread Information