AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Disney movie?

Senior Member Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli has a reputation beyond repute Hosuli's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2019 10:40 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: nubcakemew Steam ID: goofycakes

So many !!
    I'm bluffin' with my cookie!

Senior Member Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus has a reputation beyond repute Liquidus Zeromus's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2009 07:37 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono1219 View Post
    The problem is that Pixar and Toy Story basically set a kind of standard in the US. Also if things arnt getting more CG they are getting more anime styled like Avatar or something. Even the things that are kind of close to traditional animation look more stylized.

I somewhat agree, although Toy Story did not kill traditional animation. I'm pretty sure it didn't. One film cannot.
    FIGHT THE FUTURE

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidus Zeromus View Post
    I somewhat agree, although Toy Story did not kill traditional animation. I'm pretty sure it didn't. One film cannot.
    True. Toy Story, by itself, did not "kill" traditional animation since the movie came out in 1995 and great Disney classics such as Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules and Mulan came out not long after Toy Story (again, I am a HUGE nerd when it comes to animated movies). Even Dreamworks, who is known for their great 3-D animation movies, did not completely drop traditional animation until 2004 (when Shrek 2 came out), since it last traditionally animated movie, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, did not do so well in the box office (it sucked...it really, really sucked).

The Disney movie that truly set the pace for 3-D animated films was Toy Story 2. The graphics used the movie were much better than the ones in the first movie. In fact, Toy Story was not even supposed to be released in theaters (it was going to be a straight-to-video sequel) but the grapics were so impressive that they decided to release the movie in theaters instead (although, this decision is the biggest reason why Pixar got angry with Disney in the first place). People became really interested in 3-D animated movies and began to lose interest in traditionally animated movies. Movie studios did not just stop making traditionally animated movies after this and even made some good traditionally animated movies at the same time that they were making 3-D animated movies. For example, Dreamworks released Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron about a year after Shrek; both movies were very successful. Disney released Monsters Inc and Lilo and Stitch in the same year (again, both very successful movies).

Once the popularity of traditionally animated movies fell (and the popularity of 3-D animated movies went up), movie studios decided to only release 3-D animated movies (that fact that some of the last traditionally animated movies sucked in the box office also helped with the decision). However, some companies are looking at traditional animation, the biggest example being Disney's choice to make the movie The Princess and the Frog with traditional animation.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

Another problem might be the japanimation of the animation biz. I mean a while ago anime was really just a cult thing, it had it's followers, but now it's pretty main stream. Sure you're not going to find anime movies in theaters (unless it's very high profile.... or being made in to a life action xD) but it has to have an effect. More kids are probably watching Naruto and Bleach then Disney toons these days.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono1219 View Post
    Another problem might be the japanimation of the animation biz. I mean a while ago anime was really just a cult thing, it had it's followers, but now it's pretty main stream. Sure you're not going to find anime movies in theaters (unless it's very high profile.... or being made in to a life action xD) but it has to have an effect. More kids are probably watching Naruto and Bleach then Disney toons these days.
    From what I have seen, anime hasn't had any effect (or was involved in) the decline of the popularity of traditional animation. Only a very small handful of anime movies have been shown in American theaters (and an even smaller amount in mainstream amounts). Despite its popularity, anime has not become "mainstream" since there are still only small pockets of anime on television. Although Pokemon: The First Movie was very popular in theaters, did not do much at all to the era of traditional animation, since both Disney and Dreamworks continued to release traditionally animated movies well after that.

While there are a lot of kids watching Naruto, more kids will flock to to a Disney movie (traditionally animated or not) than a Naruto movie, since Naruto (like all anime) is not as popular as some people think.
    This is my war face.

Senior Member Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 08:29 AM
    Threads

Frankly, I don't really like an of the Disney movies. They've seem to lost their good touch with all these sorry remakes that people are making today.
    SPARE A CLICK, PLEASE? c:

Heaven Shattering Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless is a splendid one to behold Voiceless's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2009 11:39 PM
    Threads

Lion King, Hercules and most of Pixar movies.

iProcrastinate. Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2010 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I wish T.T

Hmn..
    The Lion King.
    The Little Mermaid. :]]
    I Sig by Hakuchuumu<3 I

We're Waiting For You. :]

on Detonation Boulevard Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast has a reputation beyond repute Beast's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Beer Xmas Bear2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2022 03:03 AM
    Threads

Beauty and the Beast

Senior Member kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 11:00 AM
    Threads

It's hard to choose between Robin Hood, Oliver and Company, and Bambi.

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i never was much of a Disney fan, i never really like the live action movies by them, they seemed pretty lame..

the cartoon movies i really like is Snow White and all of the pixar movies.. i really loved Wall-e! it's the only romantic movie i like... lol!
    Last edited by gadgetgirl16; 12-28-2008 at 07:06 AM.

Member vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666 has a reputation beyond repute vampiress13666's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2009 09:15 AM
    Threads

Mulan and Tarzan...
    My Friend, your desire
    Is the bringer of life, the gift of the goddess.
    Legend shall speak of sacrifice at worlds end.
    The wind sails over the water's surface
    Quietly, but surely...

loveless act 3

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My older sister was (and still is) a huge Disney maniac. We had the movies on constantly in our house. She's collecting all of the DVDs of the classics.
    My favorite Disney movies would include Aladdin, Pocahontas, Anastasia, and Mulan.
    Oh gosh, I haven't seen the last two in a while. xD

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

i n c o g n i t o mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki has a reputation beyond repute mikadzuki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2009 11:28 AM
    Threads

Favorite Disney movie would be... erm... National Treasure. I think that's a Disney production too, right? I think I recall that signature magical castle showing up at the beginning credits :3

~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mulan, Mulan 2,Cinderella,Lady and the Tramp,The parent trap 2, and National Treasure1 and 2.

Kakashi's FAV Kitty!! kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 11:41 PM
    Threads

I'd Probably Have To Say The Lion King Movies

S.i.g. M.a.d.e B.y M.e

Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by mikadzuki View Post
    Favorite Disney movie would be... erm... National Treasure. I think that's a Disney production too, right? I think I recall that signature magical castle showing up at the beginning credits :3
    Yeah, National Treasure is a Disney movie. Disney (well, the director and the producer of the movie) is planning to release another National Treasure movie (or two). Although, Disney has not been too strong when it comes to multiple sequels, so I don't know how good it (they?) will be.
    This is my war face.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sleeping Beauty. I think it's the Disney movie that captures the essence of fairy tales the most.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Senior Member LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2010 01:30 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Yeah, National Treasure is a Disney movie. Disney (well, the director and the producer of the movie) is planning to release another National Treasure movie (or two). Although, Disney has not been too strong when it comes to multiple sequels, so I don't know how good it (they?) will be.
    Oh no, more? No surprise there I guess. They can't stop putting out those pirate movies. The first was good, the second was good, but the repeated jokes got annoying, and the third was just garbage.

chérir-- kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 12:11 PM
    Threads

I use to watch disney movies all the time when I was younger..^^; my favorites were..

-Alice in Wonderland
    -Snow White
    -The Lion King
    Last edited by kaori_tenshi; 12-29-2008 at 11:49 AM.

A very beautiful set made by KP ^_^.I love you so much!
    Thank you Lawlietth <3 I love it

Senior Member S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o has a reputation beyond repute S o l o's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur 004 - Charmander 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-16-2022 02:19 PM
    Threads

I don't have one...I have a few actually =D
    -Beauty and The Beast
    -Aladdin
    -Hercules
    -Lion King
    -Lilo & Stitch
    -Tarzan
    -Mulan
    -Brother Bear
    -Atlantis
    -Fantasia <3
    I ♥ yuri

Junior Member sonokochan is on a distinguished road sonokochan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2008 02:24 PM
    Threads

Mulan ^^

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

Top 2
    Beauty and the Beast or Hercules.
    Derp.

Hadouken! Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui has a reputation beyond repute Eikoseisui's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2009 02:58 AM
    Threads

The Lion King, Mulan, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, and The Little Mermaid.

Do you believe it in your head?

[Waltzing Catastrophe] Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko has a reputation beyond repute Aki no iko's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2013 06:53 PM
    Threads

Definitely Alice in Wonderland. There's actually history behind that movie. It was based off a book called, "Alice Through the Looking Glass," or something like that and was mainly written to portray the authentic use of 'shrooms to get "high" back in the days.

Closed Thread

Thread Information