AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Azumanga Daioh Wall

Senior Member Behindthesmile Behindthesmile's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-19-2004 04:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

lol its been a long time since i did a wall anyways heres my new work in progress. i cant think of a good background so i'm leaving it white for now. if you guys have any suggestions or critism i'm open
    Physical beauty is just an illusion... the real value of someone comes from whats behind that... a person's mentality and personality- Paul a.k.a. behindthesmile

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

I think it's nice, but it looks more like a poster than a wallpaper, specially the bottom part.
    Also, those two "flying" cats should be removed in my opinion.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-23-2004 05:27 PM
    Threads

Your wallpaper is good, but there are a few technical suggestions I have for you to consider. First, Sakaki is a little desaturated. To make her stand out more you might go and pump up the saturation a bit; not a lot, just whatever you think looks best. Next, and I don't know how important this is, but the paper texture is visible. To me it's obvious this is a scan from a magazine. Depending on the amount of effort you wish to out forth, I think you would like the image better if all the colors were smoothed out and that texture removed. Good wall overall, I think it's a very nice start.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Nov 1 2003, 01:13 PM

Also, those two "flying" cats should be removed in my opinion.
    lol i haven't put the background yet thats why it look that they're flying. i'm thinking of more like sakaki looking behind in a street setting. but might change my mind and put something else all together rather than the cats.

also thanks default for the advice. hope blur and saturation takes out that texture issue since thats the one i'm gonna use. unless theres another way to smooth it out
    Physical beauty is just an illusion... the real value of someone comes from whats behind that... a person's mentality and personality- Paul a.k.a. behindthesmile

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2004 02:43 PM
    Threads

Smudge tool works great for removing artefacts in solid colored areas.

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

keep the cats, they rule! I would, however, try to draw attention away from the 2 cats in the background. one suggestion is the make them black-and-white or blur them.

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well heres the image with some major adjustments. i also have a beta version of the other one though with adjustments from your suggestions

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2004 02:43 PM
    Threads

Much better, I like it! Those cats are too cute .

Senior Member diablo111 diablo111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2004 07:06 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I like the second version better....the main scan looks dirty though, maybe try cleaning it up a bit?

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

the cats rock my world. I would try to bring the character off the background a bit. maybe a soft glow? Nice job; much better!

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Senior Member omicron_15 omicron_15's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2005 05:22 AM
    Threads

The second version looks totaly awsome, great job.
    -=[ねこ 軍]=-

-=[壁 紙 二 裏]=-

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

OK, first tell me one thing... Where the hell did you take "diaoh" from? oO It's DAIOH! Or daiou in the original... But yeah, the wallpaper's looking very good now :) ...Besides the diaoh of course...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Originally posted by DarK DeatH@Nov 5 2003, 10:22 PM
    OK, first tell me one thing... Where the hell did you take "diaoh" from? oO It's DAIOH! Or daiou in the original... But yeah, the wallpaper's looking very good now ...Besides the diaoh of course...
    thanks for pointing it out i wouldnt have noticed the typo if you haven't mentioned it

Closed Thread

Thread Information