AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Black Stones Wallpaper

Don't try to look so wise nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2009 02:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Black Stones Wallpaper

Hey well I did this Wallpaper of nana. The theme is pretty much Black Stones in tokyo.

The extract is really bad i noticed and it was the best one i found and tried to save it, but I feel i kind of massacred it :S ... All helpful critics are welcome and as far as I know this is very far from being perfect ^^.

the second one is the original pic i got it from:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	nana copie.jpg‎
Views:	137
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	23196  
    Attached Images

Avatar, Signature, and many wallpapers to come made by me!

Goddess (Mom <333) Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako has a reputation beyond repute Princess Minako's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver Dr Who K9
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2011 02:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The character is poorly extracted first of all. Second the character isn't really meshing with the background? What does she have to do with the background, she is just plastered there. There's no theme, or point. The background its self I just don't get, the giant lens flare in the corner is not only distracting but just makes a giant white ball taking up a quarter of the wall. The image itself is poor quality anyway, and what is the random blue lines?
    A simple kiss can warm an entire body

Pro-Vert Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2010 04:03 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I'm just guessing here. But maybe the strong light source is to make an excuse the poor quality of the extract? Since strong light does highly distort features, and blurs them together? Iono. I personally gave up on shows I couldn't find anything decent for, like Legend Himiko for example, lol. Maybe you could make the whole theme around her dreamlike. You could easily find reasons to smooth and blur the extract to blend it to w/e that way.
    Lollipop girl used in my Ava was cut by MaruDashi.
    Feel free to check out my Extracts

Don't try to look so wise nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

You guessed right deadling ^^ , but the truth is, it's in this kind of mompents that my skills are very low :S

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Hmm Nic, you should have seen that the extraction was pretty poor before using it.
    Turn that big light down by alot :P
    The bg is nice though.

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Minako View Post
    The character is poorly extracted first of all. Second the character isn't really meshing with the background? What does she have to do with the background, she is just plastered there. There's no theme, or point. The background its self I just don't get, the giant lens flare in the corner is not only distracting but just makes a giant white ball taking up a quarter of the wall. The image itself is poor quality anyway, and what is the random blue lines?
    Listen to her!

Another thing about background; its making the girl look like shes randomly flying @_@

And the light source position is awkward, the shadows moves from right to left, then the light source should be at the right to increase the realism
    Over-saturating since '07

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yes you guys are right , I think I could hva edone a better job with a high quality extraction but unfortunatly ther weren't any better then this... using the blur tool and everything was as much as i could do sadly

Junior Member gloomygirl is on a distinguished road gloomygirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2008 05:40 AM
    Threads

oh,ty for ur provide,i like nana vm.
    ^_^

Junior Member vincejebsen is on a distinguished road vincejebsen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2009 04:27 PM
    Threads

let me try and use this one. looks good. nice job.
    A student who changes the course of history is probably taking an exam.
    lineage adena

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 11:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Lee View Post

Another thing about background; its making the girl look like shes randomly flying @_@

And the light source position is awkward, the shadows moves from right to left, then the light source should be at the right to increase the realism
    Minako and Unli are right, nic. And Unli just gave you a thought to chew on when he says "she's randomly flying".

Remember that just slapping on a lens flare isn't going to fill in your background, but it's going to give you a huge blob of negative space instead.
    Also, your wallpaper should be capable of conveying a mood to the viewers. It shouldn't just be something random like this. You, as the creator, can determine this mood by just taking a good look at your focus, which here is the extract. After that, you need to use a sort of 'theme' to make the extract blend with your background [not too much, of course ^^] while you work on it.

Try a little harder ^^

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Visage Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma has a reputation beyond repute Necro'lic Enigma's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2009 05:11 PM
    Threads

Well the background seemed to me a real bummer. Be careful of the emotions of the character and if that should match the background. Try putting more detailing in your work. next time you will do much better hopefully.
    wish me luck for furture guys!!!!
    Thanks for everything!!!
    ^___^

Closed Thread

Thread Information