AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Earth girl arjuna

Junior Member icy_jane is on a distinguished road icy_jane's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2008 09:59 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Post Earth girl arjuna

hi!
    arjuna is a really good anime with some really cool concepts and perspectives that intrigues me and makes me think alot.but i have been wondering whether the informations in the anime are relevant facts.you know...bout the nature and baby and stuff.what do you guys think?

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

Ahem...first of all,allow me to say that this is one of the finest anime I've had a pleasure to see...Atmospheric,sort of dark,gorgeous and very mind raping...

As for the facts...Only thing I know is that the opinions expressed in Arjuna have their roots based in the Shinto religion,in which all things in nature have their own spirits (Raaja in anime)...As a result,we are faced with the understanding of what we're really eating and surrounding ourselves with...something like that...

Dunno about others...been a while since I watched it too...perhaps I should rewatch it...
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wait, you mean Maiden right? For an anime from the old days (2000). Doesn't anyone know where to get this? I streamed it & I feel bad and want to buy it know.
    Last edited by Diocletian; 12-03-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This a great anime. A couple of my favorite quotes are in this anime. This anime really got me thinking.
    Such as when they said:
    "To pollute this world, is to pollute ourselves"
    And I could see that as true because we are, truthfully, what we eat. Then why aren't we what we breathe as well.
    I also like the concept of:
    "One's life weighs more then the earth an ideal concept, but not reality."
    I also like the concept of the shrine:
    "Its a shrine of nature."

This is one of my favorite anime.
    Though I really thought Arjuna was really dumb, how could she not get the meanings? They were right there in her face.

Personally, I didn't want her to win either.

My favorite character is Chris Hawkins.
    My biggest question:

Did Chris die at the end of the anime? They didn't make that clear for me.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

thank you for your reply hamashimura i shall look up shinto.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

seen something like 7/8 episodes. In the end I both like and hate it.

On the one hand I accept that its aimed at a younger audience than myself and for that age group I think its aimed well - what I don't like though is that they fail at story telling.
    I am a big beliver that a well told story is more memorable and more influencial than lectures and such - in this there appears to be 2 things clashing. On the oneside you have a story being told with monsters, creatures and life -- whilst on the other you have education and expansion of the mind - and the two don't gel together well. The flow is broken between one and the other and in the end one can easily see the "moral" and "correct lessons" being given out - which makes it that much easier to ignor.
    I also take some issue with their view on medical approach - like so much its been simplified down to fit into the age group and time frame, but the generalisations they make are a little overdone in this area.

I get the feeling that the show is preaching not teaching many times - though there are scenes that work (the teacher scene and talk about getting to the real voice) but its just too broken up to flow well enough.

However I agree with their overall message and most of the preaching that I have seen appears based on some fact (if sometimes a little simplified). Its a good series to be made, I think I just wish it were better than it is (at least to my mind)

I also take issue with their statment on powerplants and governments abandoning them for other sources - a complete lie even in the UK more nuclear power plants are in planning since green alternatives cannot meet the demand without losing their green aspect.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    On the one hand I accept that its aimed at a younger audience than myself and for that age group I think its aimed well - what I don't like though is that they fail at story telling.
    I am a big beliver that a well told story is more memorable and more influencial than lectures and such - in this there appears to be 2 things clashing. On the oneside you have a story being told with monsters, creatures and life -- whilst on the other you have education and expansion of the mind - and the two don't gel together well. The flow is broken between one and the other and in the end one can easily see the "moral" and "correct lessons" being given out - which makes it that much easier to ignor.
    I also take some issue with their view on medical approach - like so much its been simplified down to fit into the age group and time frame, but the generalisations they make are a little overdone in this area.

I also take issue with their statment on powerplants and governments abandoning them for other sources - a complete lie even in the UK more nuclear power plants are in planning since green alternatives cannot meet the demand without losing their green aspect.
    See I had always viewed the Raaja of this series as the immune system of earth. And it was trying to get rid of the bacteria inside the body of earth. And that is why you didn't want to kill the Raaja.
    You don't kill your immune system you help it. Or that is how I always viewed it.
    So it made the moral choices and the teachings perfectly coherent with each other.

Actually not here in America and not there in Japan. Nuclear power has been an issue from the beginning of nuclear power. In America we have left the idea of nuclear power because of the scare of nuclear power, when one of the major nuclear cylinders nearly malfunction, in a city, the workers just got up and left. And no one has wanted nuclear power from that one incident. They don't trust it will be safe enough, even though our technology has changed drastically from that time.
    [Anyone this isn't a conversation about nuclear power. Its about Earth Girl Arjuna.]

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

my info must be out of date but last I heard Japan was building (probably built now) loads (the number 50 comes to mind buts it a long time since I learnt this) of nuclear power stations.

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

great view guys...love it.
    ...but wats with the nuclear power thingy.......-_-?

Closed Thread

Thread Information