AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Haruya-san's Random Graphics of Eternal Phail

Junior Member Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-15-2010 11:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    My version of hell, aka Achfary, Scotland.
    Threads

Default Haruya-san's Random Graphics of Eternal Phail

***NOTICE***
    For some reason, my stupid computer crashes when I attempt to do bulk uploading on most imagehosts. Because of my slow internet, I'll probably end up only uploading two or three things a day, or in the case of today (9 December '08), just the one as it's lagging so much.

Hi and welcome to teh graphics of eternal phail! Please shield your eyes from the eye-destroying phailsomeness of the following images. Heh, I try my best. xD
    This will be updated almost every day, hopefully.

While you are here, can you please rate 'em out of 5?

*- Woah, this really deserves to be in a thread of eternal phail!
    **- Mmm, bit better but needs a LOT of work.
    ***- Getting there.
    ****- Hey, this is actually quite good!
    *****- OMG. @.@

-----

10/12/08

Made this a couple minutes ago, again out of boredom. Extract from Serated/Fleur Dalis's thread. (The extractions on previous graphics are white-background images that I attacked with the wand and feathered/softened the edges to bits to disguise the mess. xD)

9/12/08

A sig of Pokémon's Jun that I just made. IMO, the best one I've made so far.

7/12/08

A sig of Aura that I made out of sheer boredom. Recognize the quote, anyone?

A promotional sig for my forum that I made quite a while back.

A fairly recent icon of my favorite Cardcaptor Sakura character, along with Syaoran. <3
    Last edited by Haruya Destinii-chan <3; 12-10-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Case Study Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver has a reputation beyond repute Aushkei Ver's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2010 10:30 PM
    Threads

I suppose I'll give you a three.
    It's good, but the brightness and contrast could use some work.
    Also, the text.
    You're almost there with it but it could use a couple of improvements.
    It's nice though.

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hmm...

I don't think these are really epic fail. I'd say they're more... a good start.

I'm going to dish out my criticism to each one, individually.

#1: It's boring. The text is interesting but it's just black in the background. There's nothing happening. Plus I don't really think black and red are the best choices for background colors. Your render's main colors are blue, white, gray, silver. All in that generally area of the color spectrum. So your background should be colored to suit it. Or if you want a black and red background then use some colored and gradient layers to make the render and background come together color-wise. Also, needs a border.
    Rating: 2/5

#2: you have a lot more going on but the colors are still not doing it for me. You see: the background is a light blue. However, the lapras has kind of a purplish-blue thing going on, and let me tell you. For me, there are few things as painful as purple and blue together. Again use some gradient maps and stuff to fix that. Also the text, in some places, kind of blend with the background, so try and rethink the colors for the text. This one needs a border, too.
    Rating: 3/5

#3: This is pretty nice. I like the contrast of the blue against the monochrome. You might want to move the text over a little, though. The very end of the word protector is kind of hard to read. Add a border and this one is pretty nifty!
    Rating: 3.5/5

All in all, they're not fantastic, but that's not to say you don't have some good potential. You just need practice!

Question: What program are you using? If you're using photoshop or GIMP there are a good number of tutorials available to help you get better on this message board. Tutorials Forum.

Also, here are some extractions and in this forum there are some other really good resources.

And also, if you can't get everything you need from here check out deviant art or just scour the web for tutorials, brushes, etc. for you graphics. There's great stuff to use all over the net!

Post more soon! I can't wait to see where you go from here!

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Junior Member Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3 has a reputation beyond repute Haruya Destinii-chan <3's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks! Yugure, I'm using an old Paint Shop Pro 6 that I got off the headteacher's husband. (He has a habit of chucking me old software. Which is all very well intil you realize that one version more and I'd be able to upgrade it off the Corel site for free instead of going through all the paying for it and license/registration stuff. Dx)
    Last edited by Haruya Destinii-chan <3; 12-08-2008 at 01:56 PM.

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well Paint shop pro is good, too. I think that it's really close to photoshop, so if you scope out some photoshop tutorials, it should help. Since they are so similar, you could use some of the same techniques. It make be a little difficult and/or it make take a bit longer, but it is doable, and it could give you a lot of really cool ideas.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Yugure's Goddess View Post
    Well Paint shop pro is good, too. I think that it's really close to photoshop, so if you scope out some photoshop tutorials, it should help. Since they are so similar, you could use some of the same techniques. It make be a little difficult and/or it make take a bit longer, but it is doable, and it could give you a lot of really cool ideas.

love
    dani
    dude
    Thanks! I think the newer versions (the ones by Corel) are more like PS, but I'll have a look anyway. =D

EDIT & REPOST: Updated!
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 12-10-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Don't double post, or spam your own thread with one word posts. Thank you
    sig by me
    my sanctuary where fears and lies melt away...
    <3

Riding Dirty Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama has a reputation beyond repute Famahama's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-20-2014 10:43 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Poke-Jun Sig
    Definite best from you 8D

Good position, excellent&simple design, very lovely background color
    4/5
    (minus 1 because it's a bit of a boring non-action and flat design)
    Over-saturating since '07

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by ` Unleh View Post
    Poke-Jun Sig
    Definite best from you 8D

Good position, excellent&simple design, very lovely background color
    4/5
    (minus 1 because it's a bit of a boring non-action and flat design)
    Thanks! =D

I know it's a double post, and I'm really sorry, but I just want to get more opinions on there...
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 12-30-2008 at 04:34 PM.
    sig by me
    my sanctuary where fears and lies melt away...
    <3

Closed Thread

Thread Information