AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: An Anime with Spacebattles?

Junior Member Suntz3001 is a glorious beacon of light Suntz3001 is a glorious beacon of light Suntz3001 is a glorious beacon of light Suntz3001 is a glorious beacon of light Suntz3001 is a glorious beacon of light Suntz3001 is a glorious beacon of light Suntz3001's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-07-2008 02:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default An Anime with Spacebattles?

Hey Guys.

I was wondering if any of you guys knew an anime with some great space battles with large space-ship's and all that.

Ive seen quit a few:

Vandread 1 and 2
    Dragonaut: The Resonance
    Heroic Age
    Macross Zero
    Macross Frontier

If you know any thing other than that.

I will be happy to hear from you.

Suntz
    Practice make perfect thay say, well. Aint happening for me.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Katana Ice Cream Pocky
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2014 10:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The legend of black heaven :P

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but worth a watch and there are large space battles most episodes.

Also, if you're up for expanding your horizons past anime, Star Trek: Deep Space 9 has a lot of pretty awesome battles.

Mystic Nocturne Bird
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo has a reputation beyond repute Chocobo's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Dice D20 Soras Keyblade Photoshop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-03-2010 10:59 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The immediate anime that pops into my mind when I hear "space battle" is any Gundam series. Especially Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny.

The other Gundam series has mech battles, but they're not in space. They're on Earth or some other Neo planet, like Zoids, or G Gundam.

With A Tip Of My Hat ///////// I Bid You Farewell

We are Nemesis Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk has a reputation beyond repute Drifter Uk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2009 01:52 PM
    Threads

kiddy grade. not a lot of space battles, but the last 3 episodes revolve around a massive space battle against a massive ship trying to destroy earth.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Star Blazers. Maybe Glass Fleet...kinda crappy though.

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 11:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Maybe Tenchi Muyo. I forget which series though. And I'm pretty sure there are some transformer series, if you want to try that.
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    Threads

Here are some of the ones i've watched that could possibly give you your much needed dose of space action. I think a lot of people do confuse space action from, well...action. As far as i’m concerned, spaceships and other space whatnots blasting each other is the basic idea of 'space action', thus, I am limiting the shows that i'll mention to the SPACE OPERAs (mainly) only.

I couldn't agree more on the one who mentioned 'Black Heaven', a sci-fi series more familiarly known as 'Oji the Section Chief' here in my side of the world. A decent space opera with decent amounts of space action here and there, the combination of sci-fi elements and metal music definitely gives it a different kick. Of course, we all know the fact that 'Oji' isn't the first anime series to use the space+music formula. With the fact being taken into consideration, 'Oji' retains a fairly modern and unique feel. You'll have a lot of other reasons to appreciate this series even if you're not into loud music Think Macross 7, only grittier...

A legend in the industry, 'Space Battleship Yamato' may prove to be too dated for your tastes. Being one of the first space operas in the industry, 'Yamato' is a classic showcase of the traditions and the innovations which erected the foundations of anime in general. An aesthetically well-rounded series, it provides viewers with the kind of plot and 'space action' rarely seen in anime during its time.

A love-it-or-hate-it anime series, 'Hakugei: Legend of the Moby Dick' is a space operatic realization/byproduct of the literary classic 'Moby Dick'. In this series ‘Whaling’ is done in space, the word 'Whale' refers to large (WHALE SHAPED) space ships and vessels, which are raided and 'hunted' by 'Whalers' for fame and fortune. The biggest and baddest of the whales, Moby Dick is a white whale synonymous to destruction. A super-weapon capable of reducing cities, colonies, and even planets to rubble, Moby Dick is the ultimate catch...but only the most foolish and the most brave have dared (and failed) to oppose its might.

Though the series focuses more on drama, a fair degree of 'space action' is presented to the viewer. In its entirety, Hakugei is mostly narrative, melodramatic, and very capricious in nature. IT IS my most favorite anime series....

‘Ginga Sengoku Gunyuden Rai’ AKA 'Thunder Jet' is another old anime, relatively unpopular, searching for this series could prove to be a herculean task. It is presented with a combination of sci-fi, bushido, and chinese (or is it?) elements (dragon vs tiger, yin and yang, etc.). I rate this series as something average overall, but the amount of space action involved may prove satisfactory to you. I am nostalgically taken back to my elementary days everytime i think of this show since I really got fond of this during 4th grade.

Space action is also present in a lot of mecha, cyberpunk, and other sci-fi titles.

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

try the 1982 SDF MACROSS series/ MACROSS segment of ROBOTECH, and the 1984 MACROSS; Do You Remember Love? movie.
    ♥Mikuru Asahina's Soulmate♥

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikuru_Asahina

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 12:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

as far as i remember gundam series have great space wars in it. i cant remember properly but a anime named "ninja robots" used to air when i was little .it also had great space battles

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    Threads

Oh how could i have forgotten the 'Harlock Shows'...

One of anime's most recognizable characters is Captain Harlock, a character created by a favorite of mine in the anime industry--Leiji Matsumoto. An icon in the industry, Harlock has appeared in several anime titles, a lot of them are space operas. Just like a lot of space operas, Harlock shows are reinforced with great stories and classical characterization with a FAIR degree of your much-needed space action.

'Harlock Shows' is not a show but a set of shows which revolves around Captain Harlock's adventures. I'm sleepy so i'm not in the mood right now to do an enumerated discussion, just avoid the wild-west themed Gun Frontier(another favorite of mine BTW).

Senior Member Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone has a reputation beyond repute Orta Honehone's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2009 11:59 PM
    Threads

I would also check out Outlaw Star-its one of my favorite shows...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...
    Get it together...

Closed Thread

Thread Information