AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MGS4 - And Now You May Rejoice.

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default MGS4 - And Now You May Rejoice.

If this means what I think it does, I will never have to buy a PS3, and I couldn't be happier about not having to spend that money to play one game.

You should seriously click this to visit Konami if you own an XB360.

You could also click if you are a Sony Fanboy/hate the XB360, and want to be angered. Or if you feel that you are a Nintendo owner and being left out.

Any way you slice it, I'm excited and hopeful!

Don't let me down Kojima!
    I don't care if the game has to be seven discs long. Just make it happen!
    Last edited by Kishiro; 12-07-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

ouch Sony really are losing their developers - first Square makes the move with the Final Fantasy series and now the possibility that MGS is going to move too.
    Its a great shame in some ways and yet a great boon - personally I think this move is because the consoles have overpriced themselves - they are now way too much in cost for just a gaming machine - meaning that more and more people are just getting the one and the one only. This means less game sales to the developers married to the console doing the worst - and sad to say the PS3 is an expensive and confusing purchase - different harddrive sizes and differences in back wards compatibility (with one model not having any at all).

On the other side cross platform development is a worry since it means longer developing times or cutting aspects of development (such as single player length and testing - further strapped with the provision of patches for consoles). I don't know if this is good for gamers or bad - on the good side it means that you can get one console and one only - the bad is that its removing some aspect of diversity in the market and moving us towards a single market dominated console - which is bad since it means competition is lacking and so there is less pressure on those developing to make bigger improvements.
    The Wii is mostly out of this since its a different creature - more aimed at parties than singleplayer.

Now if only X-Box could get their act together and lose the red ring of death problems!
    *hopes that Valkyria Chronicles moves to 360 - it would make life simpler *

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

It's too early to be assuming MGS4 is going to Xbox 360. I mean, Xbox isn't the only piece of machinery in the world with that I/O symbol. It looks more like a DSi game to me (the DSi has that same I/O symbol). But the most likely candidates are Xbox, DSi and iPhone. I hope more information is released soon.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why are we assuming MGS4 and not, say MGA or MGO? Or something else.

That said... lol disk swap.

Also, Ctrl+C Ctrl+V'd from VGCats.com

Truth.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 12-07-2008 at 12:10 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2010 02:58 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: i have 1 but idk it

If it were to go to xbox I dont know wether Id like that or if I'd be pissed. Either way Im sure Id probably rebuy it

Hopefully if it does go to 360 it'll be better than the xbox version of MGS2 Substance

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

The worst is that they decide to make xbox and ps3 unique games - splitting the franchise. I know Square (much to my annoyance) do this for some games published by them - they keep sets (like FF) fairly in a single line, but are fully willing to make other games for other consoles.
    They have done very similar with the handheld consoles - releasing some games for the DS and some for the PSP - it could be an attempt to promote a lesser product (or at least one which sells less) but pushing wares onto it and thus meaning that "true" fans need to have both

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Hah! I knew it! Now I get to claim $50 from a friend.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

Senior Member StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2010 12:42 PM
    Threads

Technically the power symbol on both the PS3 and 360 looks the same. As does in fact the Wii's and most electronics made in the last decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    *hopes that Valkyria Chronicles moves to 360 - it would make life simpler *
    It was originally intended for 360 but Microsoft didn't want it, their loss.

Senior Member Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu has a reputation beyond repute Brojasu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    Hah! I knew it! Now I get to claim $50 from a friend.
    It hasnt been proven yet its all just speculation, This may have absolutely nothing to do with 360 or even Metal Gear SOLID. It could possibly be any metal gear game on any system

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Brojasu View Post
    It hasnt been proven yet its all just speculation, This may have absolutely nothing to do with 360 or even Metal Gear SOLID. It could possibly be any metal gear game on any system
    Are you kidding? What other current systems have a green power button?

Besides, I'm $50 richer until the teaser means something else.

This signature contains nothing.

Nothing last updated:
    March Nothing, '09

boopaloop! Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated has a reputation beyond repute Opinionated's Avatar
    Gil
    Doubtful
    Gifts Xmas Tree Toast Present
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2010 11:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Heck, they could just be using the power button symbol to mean that the next MG is underway. Anyway, just to say that there's a buttload of ways to take this, since the "i" and "!" are merely flipped versions of each other, the "!" could just be a really kool flipped version of the "i." And only one console has double I's in it's name.

The Wii. I shouldn't have to tell you this.

All my Let's Plays can be found here!
    Currently LPing: Rome Total War:
    Latest Update:
    Chapter 3: The Last King of Carthage.
    Start from the beginning:
    Chapter 1: Sicily Unified.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

The green doesn't necessarily mean 360, it could just be used to throw people off

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I personally assume it is indeed a 360 symbol, as it's pretty iconic, however I see absolutely no reason to assume any thing else other then it's probably Metal Gear related. How much remains to be seen- could be anything from MGS5 exclusivity to a MGS4 port (lol disc swap) to a new game (I would assume MGO related) to Metal Gear 1 coming to XBLA. Or maybe Snake will be a playable model in Halo 4. Who the hell knows.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound has a reputation beyond repute StabWound's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Metal Gear Ac!d on iPhone is my guess.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

lol... MGS on iphone XD

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Could be pretty interesting... I guess.

Seems like Kojima was trolling by making it a green power symbol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	news_img_16615_1.jpg‎
Views:	31
Size:	933.3 KB
ID:	23219  

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    leingod is on a distinguished road leingod's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2008 07:05 PM
    Threads

Oh man, I'm shattered to be honest. Heck, I don't even have an iPhone or an iPod Touch to even enjoy this...
    The more feelings I have to convey, the more my words fumble.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

HA! Sorry X-Box fanboys who fell for Kojima's blatent trolling attempts. Looks like you're going to have buy a PS3 after all.

Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Id sure hate to be an X-bot right about now

Looks like 360 owners will have to buy a ps3 if they want some mgs4

Moderator Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro has a reputation beyond repute Kishiro's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Kamina Glasses Umbrella Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2010 08:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This is truly heartbreaking. Kojima, you're a jerk. Who in the hell who owns an iPhone is going to get this?

Truly, truly sad. But I simply will not buy a PS3. The MSRP is outrageous for all the lost functionality, and just one game that I really want to play.

Ah well.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I am not a PS3 fanboy by any means - I played all the systems and the one I kept is the PS3. Was not impressed with the kiddy Wii or the crash box 360. However, I am rather happy to see that MSG4 remains a PS3 exclusive, if anything just to annoy all the Microsoft supporters (I HATE Microsoft).

...OMG, Silent Hill also to Touch???? OMG

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2023 07:58 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

i used to be into METAL GEAR, but discovering Moe Anime changed my mind about a lot of things in life. besides, the MG series started to really suck from MGS3 on, IMO. i agree though; the PS3 does indeed suck. i mean, where the hell did SONY get the commitably insane idea of sabotaging one of the core advantages of the PlayStation system family by eschewing the PS3's backwards compatibility?!?! i mean, hello SONY? what has your design and marketing teams been smoking?!?! now's the time to stock up on spare PS2s, or spare laser pick-up assemblies and find a good PS service tech!!
    Last edited by Tasuke; 12-17-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

eh no big deal, not like i'm gonna get a ps3 anytime soon anyway.

Monster hunter Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack has a reputation beyond repute Kojack's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2009 08:10 PM
    Threads

Kojima has an awesome sense of humour, trolling all the Xbox owners like that. MGS on the iPhone could be interesting. I don't have an iPod Touch or iPhone, but it's cool that Konami is giving Apple support like this. I wonder what the gameplay will be like?

TBH, a part of me was hoping for MGS4 on Xbox just to see how many discs it would take.

Closed Thread

Thread Information