AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Ellipsis's Sigs of Fail!

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The fast improvements I see are great.
    Although if there is one thing that you have kept consistent as you continue to make signatures is that you don't really keep in mind on keeping the focus clean at all.
    Most of the time there are way too many effects on top of the focus (which is your extract) and you should at least erase things here and there. One of the best tools in Photoshop, the eraser tool.
    Also I've noticed a pattern in your last few signatures.
    Get rid of the watery backgrounds.
    Way too excessive and overused and in my honest opinion, seems to kill the overall feel of the signatures.
    Keep in mind about the saturation levels of your signatures and the negative space.
    While you keep those in mind, strategize on how you would place your typography on the negative space.
    There are some occurrences such as one signature in your last post the "Sheik" signature that the text is barely readable. That's not a good thing.

Also coloration.
    Blue and red are supposed to be ideal harmonized colors, they're not.
    Try to go with colors that fit with each other better. It's also a good idea to keep in mind about the color wheel.
    http://maskedmarvel.deviantart.com/a...heory-22703717
    That link right there is a tid bit of color theory and how to initialize it effectively.

Once you have these ideas locked in, then you'll be able to make some harmonizing and powerful signatures.

Elementress Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba has a reputation beyond repute Mira Kaiba's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-03-2009 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

You have some very nice tags here, especially some of the super mario's ones, especially the first one in post #74. Your lighting is pretty good, and I like the colors that you are using. You seem to have a nice grasp on smudging.

You might want so work on the background on some of the sigs, because on some of them they are a little overwhelming, like on the first sig in post #75, but overall, awesome sigs!
    Sooo many thanks to .Celeste for the lovely avvy!!! ::INTUITION GFX

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The Link sig looks awesome, but it's a bit too bright. I like your experimentations though. ^_^

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Not sure if I've commented here before or not, but comment spree time :3

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi siggys are very cute. I like how they seem to be foils of each other and the rounded border is nice as well. The smudgy backgrounds are cute as well. Haha, in love with cuteness.

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

I did this one solely for improving on text:

The text isn't that bad, but the rest of the sig is horrible x_x Mixing 5 tutorials, and my own style, plus my bad C4D blending made this turn out like a nightmare. But I didn't really care for the whole sig, just the text.
    And thanks for the comments guys, i'm gonna try out someof the tips in a bit.( I had already made this before I checked the thread :x )

Gah. Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2009 03:26 PM
    Threads

It isn't that bad, Elli. And how did you get the border?

AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    It isn't that bad, Elli. And how did you get the border?
    Thanks, and: Edit > Stroke > 2px and green

And my newest sig:
    v1.

v2.

I like round borders, but that doesn't mean it'll look right on everything >_>
    These were supposed to be like the game, and I like how it turned out. It's a little dull though D:
    Last edited by Bulf; 04-23-2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: forgot to add my sig :x

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I like the text in the yoshi sig, but I think the text is off centered. Alil northeast, and you wouldv'e had it place correctly. I like the background in that signature as well. You're improving quite alot.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

These next two are probably my favorite two so far:

v1.

v2.

Just different borders on them, but as always, the text sucks D: My C4D blending is getting better though :Ð

Again, the text is horrible, and his hands are bright. besides that, I really like it! And I even threw a C4D in it :Ð

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

2 more:

I still can't use more than one person in a sig >.< I messed up on the border too...

I could think of no text for this one, so I left it blank =P

Gah. Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm has a reputation beyond repute Mmmmmmmmmm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-26-2009 03:26 PM
    Threads

First sig is great except the border on the left side. You can actually do a good sig with two people despite what you believe.
    And second sig reminds me of your Yoshi sig.

That's a good thing, Elli.

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Lately, I've been a Photoshop mood...so, here's two more:

I tried to go with something a but simpler...the text is a bit boring, and a little bright...D:

I love how this one came out :Ð His eye looks odd though...maybe it's just me...

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

And, back to experimenting:
    v1.

v2.

I didn't really try on those at all

I used...34 C4D's to make the background, and then 2 more after that. Not bad though. I love the border :Ð

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEllipsis View Post
    I used...34 C4D's to make the background, and then 2 more after that. Not bad though. I love the border :Ð
    Dude, 34 C4Ds?
    You really need to stop relying heavily on them to make backgrounds.
    Venture different styles.
    You may like that one, but a good tag maker will go beyond one style.
    By the way, the signatures aren't bad, but the typography needs working on. A lot.

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Dude, 34 C4Ds?
    You really need to stop relying heavily on them to make backgrounds.
    Venture different styles.
    You may like that one, but a good tag maker will go beyond one style.
    By the way, the signatures aren't bad, but the typography needs working on. A lot.
    I only used 34 C4D's because I wanted to see how big of a mess it would make =P. But yeah, as far as text goes...i'm lost D:

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

So, for the time being. I'm gonna stop making as many sigs, and focus more on different text styles:

That one turned out a bit wrong. It was supposed to look....broken. It just looks like a mess now :x

After I get better, I'll try and apply them to my sigs, in varying styles, and stuff.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I simply recommend just reading through this.

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs11/i/20...y_warsh33p.jpg (by warsh33p)

Also this is the second part of it.

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20...y_warsh33p.jpg (by warsh33p)
    Last edited by FlashD; 05-19-2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Do not link to other sites if not necessary

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Are these better, in terms of text?

I did these both really quick, because I wanted to try out the things I learned in the text tutorial. I'm gonna keep at it though...I will master text!

And then there's this one:

I tried to make the text match the rest of the sig....

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I went back and redid the Samus sig to make the colors match a little better...

And no...this wasn't Metallica inspired at all >___>;

Fat & Sassy Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2011 05:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NoirNue

I like 'em all, Ellip. Certainly better than what I can do. XD
    Keep up the good work.
    I liked the first "Fade to Black" Samus but the all black one's good too.
    I wish Medusa would stop objectifying people.

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Still messing around with text, and other Photoshop tools:

I got the fiery text I was going for!

That render was horribly cut, but I decided to make the best of it...

I saw a cool Samus sig that was all tech looking, so I tried to make one similar, but a little softer. I was tired (I still am) So I just threw any text in it. I'll go back and edit it later when I'm not as tired ^_^;

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Only 2 more this time:

v1.

v2.
    Tried something new with the text again, I got the idea from another sig. v2 is just a bit brighter, and not as dull. I have no idea how I made the background....

I felt like messing around with borders, and text. Now that I look at this one, it looks really color burnt D:

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

And a few more:
    v1.

v2.
    Krystal from Starfox Adventures, and Assault.

King from Tekken...

v1.

v2.
    And Yuna from Final Fantasy X....I think it's 10...

And you smell like LIE Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq has a reputation beyond repute Nanuq's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts Soccer Ball
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2010 06:52 PM
    Threads

i like your sigs. The baby mario and baby luigi one was cute~
    and i lovee the link one=)

Sig by the lovely Cotaku

Starving
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Someone pointed out that my last few sigs looked a bit repetitive, so I tried changing up a bit:

This sig reminds me of another one I did (First sig in post 84), but I really don't like this one.
    C&C please

Closed Thread

Thread Information