AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: So?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never heard of such an anime or have not watch it

1 9.09%
  • Watched it but did not like it

0 0%
  • Watched it and it was a Great anime

10 90.91%
Closed Thread

Thread: Have you watched and liked GITS Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG?

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Red face Have you watched and liked GITS Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG?

I just wanted to know how many fans of Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG are there in this site.
    So, have you watched this anime and did you like it.It's my No.1 favorite anime.
    Also, are there any good anime or manga like this one?
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 12-03-2008 at 12:57 AM.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It was solid. I liked it.

Usually people will try and point you to Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. Though both of those start off sillier than Ghost, which keeps a consistant tone (well, except with the Tachikomas).

Personally I'd suggest gunslinger girl. I think that series has everything that makes Ghost good. (Unless you really like staring at the Major, it doesn't have anyone that curvey).

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    It was solid. I liked it.

Usually people will try and point you to Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. Though both of those start off sillier than Ghost, which keeps a consistant tone (well, except with the Tachikomas).

Personally I'd suggest gunslinger girl. I think that series has everything that makes Ghost good. (Unless you really like staring at the Major, it doesn't have anyone that curvey).
    Gunslinger girl, huh? Thanks for the tip. Though I'd heard about it , have not watched it yet. I'll try it though.
    By the way, the major was kinda hot , don't you think? Strong, intelligent, good leadership, sexy, all in one!
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

Senior Member overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch has a reputation beyond repute overwatch's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2010 03:34 PM
    Threads

2nd Gig was what 1st Gig should have been - with regard to both the depth and dominance of the main story as well as artistic appraoch - darker and the Major wearing something more like the Major would wear and not that strange thing from the first series.
    This to me was a much stronger and more mature series than the first and I eagerly await the continuation of the story (we have to have a 3rd Gig!)

sig by shougo amakousa
    Quote Eris:

There are no rules. They are just words on a piece of paper.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lone_Sannin View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
    By the way, the major was kinda hot , don't you think? Strong, intelligent, good leadership, sexy, all in one!
    Well yes. Though when I think about it she's rather a Mary Sue.

And if you've seen one set of dead parents you've seen them all.

Still, good, and it worked well in the context of the series. Though if they'd toned her down a little they could have had more of an ensemble cast thing going.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by overwatch View Post
    2nd Gig was what 1st Gig should have been - with regard to both the depth and dominance of the main story as well as artistic appraoch - darker and the Major wearing something more like the Major would wear and not that strange thing from the first series.
    This to me was a much stronger and more mature series than the first and I eagerly await the continuation of the story (we have to have a 3rd Gig!)
    Yes, I agree that the 1st GIG was quite lame compared to 2nd GIG in terms of graphics as well the core story of the anime. The case of "Laughing Man" was pretty dull, but the case of "Individual Eleven" was truly stunning. The music was also much better in 2nd GIG. As for the Major, the outfit was quite stupid in 1st GIG, I mean was she going to beach or what ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyside View Post
    Still, good, and it worked well in the context of the series. Though if they'd toned her down a little they could have had more of an ensemble cast thing going.
    Well, that might have been the case but then, the viewers might have been deviated from the core story of the anime. Instead of knowing each memeber properly, it was better to focus on the core story. Besides, the major role were that of Kusanagi and Batou compared to others(and, of course Tachikomas), and they did have more than two individual episodes.

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 12:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

well i loved this anime.It aired a little late in india like 2 years late but i loved it 2nd gig was more interesting then first one that i agree on

The Rogue... Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura has a reputation beyond repute Hamashimura's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2009 05:05 PM
    Threads

So, have you watched this anime and did you like it.
    Yes,I've seen it...one of my favorites,complete GITS is just amazing...Overall plot is interesting,anime itself is very throught provoking,especially the 2nd GIG...OST is amazing,music goes well with the mood of anime,and gfx is good too...
    So yes,I've enjoyed alot...

Also, are there any good anime or manga like this one?
    It depends what is that you're searching for...
    If you're aiming for a good,thought provoking anime with psychological intrigue,there are alot...For example,three of my very favorites - Monster,RahXephon and Gilgamesh...
    If you're,on the other hand,searching for anime LIKE GITS,I don't believe there are any...I've seen alot,but I never came across anything that could associate me with GITS...it's depth is unmatched...

Gunslinger girl, huh? Thanks for the tip. Though I'd heard about it , have not watched it yet. I'll try it though.
    Hmmmm...I'm not too sure about Gunsliger Girl,but it's a personal opinion...
    Last edited by Hamashimura; 12-04-2008 at 03:38 AM.
    ...a gift from Balance...the legend itself...

~ click the button,I dare you ~

Senior Member Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll has a reputation beyond repute Princely Dreaming Doll's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2010 01:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sadly, I have only seen 1st GIG, but I love Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex[GITSSAC] I have seen the movie though. On the Sci-Fi challenge, they blurred out the *** cheeks of these maids in thongs. That was funny.
    The Movie Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society.
    I actually liked the Laughing Man story.
    I mean people may look at it as it wasn't strong enough or that it didn't have enough in it.
    I think that you don't look into its deeper roots of philosophy and morality.
    It really has this deep dark underbelly people don't seem to understand when watching the show.
    The Laughing Man arc, for me, was a good introduction to Ghost in the Shell. It really allowed to understand what Ghost in the Shell was about.

"There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create."-Charles Baudelaire

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FallenBabyDoll View Post
    Sadly, I have only seen 1st GIG,

I actually liked the Laughing Man story.
    I mean people may look at it as it wasn't strong enough or that it didn't have enough in it.
    I think that you don't look into its deeper roots of philosophy and morality.
    It really has this deep dark underbelly people don't seem to understand when watching the show.
    The Laughing Man arc, for me, was a good introduction to Ghost in the Shell. It really allowed to understand what Ghost in the Shell was about.
    Well, the philosophy was not bad in the 1st GIG but, there were not much happening in the Laughing Man arc. It was like just an introduction to the Ghost in the Shell world. In case of the Individual Eleven arc of the 2nd GIG, there is much more depth in the story, history, mystery and there are so much happening that the vast diference between 1st GIG and 2nd GIG would be as clear as day and night.

So, if you had liked the 1st series, I really recommend you to watch the 2nd GIG, and you would personally know what I had intended to say .

Banzai!!!!!! Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara has a reputation beyond repute Tsubaki Yoshikara's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2010 04:24 AM
    Somewhere in the middle of nowhere where even I DON'T KNOW~!XD
    Threads

hmm...i think it wasn't bad but it isn't my type of anime ><
    Since I'm just a little girl and I'm a bit easily freaked out... I sometimes find the content very disturbing ... Sorry to all the fans out there..its just a personal opinion!Not trying to offend anyone!

For Gunslinger girl, maybe the same impression for GITS but a little less scarier because the characters are cute...(what am I saying ><) well, that's the feeling I get...

A little history for you:
    [Well...If you're saying about fans of GITS...Older members on AF who hang around might just know someone named Mavericker and yes...he was banned thanks to GITS and all he posted was GITS and threads he opened all about GITS and eventually flaming started and all the threads went off topic...and religion stuff ... a lot of things came in....]

That's quite some time ago...I think he was REALLY ADDICTED...
    Ok-sorry for this long post.....- Nice to meet you and hope you keep liking the series ^^
    Lol...I'm Back!
    FYI:Shana FTW!:3

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki is infamous around these parts Savage Muraki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2008 05:26 AM
    Threads

Well most of my people DIDNT understood a meaning about that anime...dumb people^__^

Ask for me , Well i thought the whole anime was great man! the opening theme got me hooked if ya ask me
    Each and everything about that anime works...

Closed Thread

Thread Information