AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I just started to watch Gundam Wing

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    ::sigh:: All the series' I listed were all AC. Not just GW, according to my official Gundam book. That was my point.
    Did you read my post? -.-
    AC Universe is Gundam Wing and Gundam Wing ONLY. Turn A, Gundam X, etc. etc. are NOT part of the AC.

G Gundam => FC
    Turn A => CC (or UC in some canon)
    Gundam X => AW (its even in the title, "After War" Gundam X...)
    Furthermore, its also written in a previous post of mine just in this thread.
    After Colony:

[...]

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
    Gundam W: Endless Waltz
    AC = After Colony, which is specifically the timeline for Gundam Wing... did you just use this abbreviation for 3 posts without knowing what it is while it was written all over the place?
    Last edited by B Gundam; 02-02-2009 at 06:24 AM.
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-20-2014 11:26 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    according to my official Gundam book.
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

There are 3 possibilities

1.) Your "Official Gundam Book" is mistaken.

2.) You didn't read it correctly or just made that up. I have yet to see a book that specifically tells you Zakus don't exist in any universe.

3.)
    Last edited by B Gundam; 02-03-2009 at 07:54 AM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 12:34 PM
    Threads

There are several parts of GW that you will probably find annoying but if you can get past them, I think you will enjoy the series.

The lack of romance in the show is pretty sad, especially when the series had several perfect matches. The closest thing you get to romance in GW is between Zechs and Noin and Duo and Hilde. However, their relationships are simply implied and never really elaborated.

However, the show has some cool battles(despite the reused stock footage), interesting MS, fitting music, and a good storyline. Some people will disagree with me about the story but if you follow it and take time to understand it, you will see it made sense. I will admit the ending of the series was a little mind-boggling but it was a great series on the whole.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Some people will disagree with me about the story but if you follow it and take time to understand it, you will see it made sense
    Some people including the people who made the show in the first place.

Spoiler warnings and image spam ahead.

The conversation summed up/dumbed down:

Zechs: Blablabla do not stand in the way of OZ bla, blablabla war and peace bla!
    Quattro: You make no sense. Oh and are you trying to copy *someone* with that mask?
    Zechs: *intellectually not capable of countering the argument, or blinded by the awesomeness of Quattro, maybe some of both.*

A while later, Quattro shoots Zechs down.

The actual conversation was much longer, but I don't feel like uploading all pics of Zech's blablabla war/peace/OZ talk (and it'd make the post tediously long, if it even fits in a single one), so I just skipped to the point where Quattro butts in to question Zechs, and even if you don't know what they are saying, the facial expressions show pretty clear who's making no real sense.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 02-07-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

The creators themselves don't like the story? Explain...

The show didn't COMPLETELY live up to it's potential but it has an above-average plot in my opinion.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Didn't completely" is nicely spoken.

1.) Though Ikeda did the directing and it was supposed to make it a bit back to the spirit of a Gundam show after G Gundam being totally off the limits (one with politics and the plot shebang). But before they let him do it, they let someone else write the outline scenario. Of all people, it had to be the guy who made this:

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

2.) So after that, Ikeda could make a Power Ranger troop of Gundams piloted by the token multinational team have a plot, his attempted solution was making all of them have some mysterious sad past background. As result it was getting as bland as the teenager falling into the cockpit part (but that was at least a tradition) and 4 out of 5 main protagonists were somewhat emo all the time.

3.) Its openly admitted that the story sucks in romance, they just put a straight set of males and females and then left that alone, (but well its okay to do that for a kid's show, if you want to label the series one that is). On a side note, a lot of events inside the story and mainly the fangirls who manage to interprete everything their way managed to make everything inadvertidly homoerotic. But yaoi fangirls aside, the Latin-American dub-text managed to make Quatre gay with Trowa officially and in canon.

4.) Back to the plot issue, the whole war and peace babble set into it is encyclopedic for 'semiphilosophic talk to make a show seem more intellectually refined than it actually is' and 'Contemplate our navels':

battles where opposing mobile suit pilots debate about the nature of truth, honor, war, peace and just about every philosophy topic in existence while blasting each other with laser cannons and giant lightsabers. And when they're not fighting what do they do? They continue debating. All the time, over and over, it never stops. To the point that viewers will wonder if screaming at each other about the nature of reality is really the unseen power source of their gundams...
    5.) Despite trying to show that every motivation is equal and that there is no clear evil, they decided that the stock villains are blank. Its 1/4 compensated by one speech made by Treize where he memorizes their names, probably one of the only good moments around. And also, aside of the "no clear good/evil" thing, its still one sided for the protagonists and we've seen better.

6.) The master plan was yet another colony drop.

7.) Word of God (author) Brightslaps for one or more above points ensue when they cross it over on various occassions:

-As shown by screenshots above, it takes only 2-3 lines from Quattro to shut Zechs up from a long wannabe-debate, with side jabs on originality with the mask as in-joke.

-A while later, Quatre and Wufei approach as enemies although Londo Bell opposes OZ. Their reason? Quattro is capable of far more than Treize will ever be... and Neo Zeon does rear up later, as if just to show how accurate they were with that assumption.

-Endless Waltz discussion about people needed in war being seen as dangerous/thrown away in times of peace between Wufei and Heero in front of verbally facepalming Newtypes who are long over the conclusion of that, including a "Bunch" of trouble (If you get what I'm referring to).

-Upon meeting the cast of Turn A Gundam (Turn A is the series to have "the essence of all Gundams"), they note that Amuro and Char's names are great roles in the Black History. Heero & company are also around - they get no mention.

-So Heero shows up again between OZ and SNRI/EF and... okay look, you get the point by now I'm not listing everything in History or something.

If Gundam W were the only Gundam series to exist, I'd probably say its okay, and well, its a 'Gundam Series' after all so it inherits some merits that are good, but does not develope them although it tries staying on the same rail despite having factors that clearly don't fit into that. Its a solid standalone power ranger series - more philosophical than that, but far from being anywhere near the potential is the more accurate description. I wouldn't be too harsh because the demographic is Shonen (kids/teens) as opposed to the Seinen (adult) ones I favour over it (and I wouldn't have written all this if you weren't actually asking me to) but don't try claiming its awesome in plot unless you go to a community that favours it with horse blinders on, and nowhere above-average for a Gundam series, unless you only compare it to SEED.

But what is more important is wether you like the series for yourself, its not about going around looking for haters or whatever. If you liked it then you liked it and thats that, gundam is good. Go watch/read more, Endless Waltz if you haven't yet (okay I know they want you to think those Gundams were used all along although they clearly look different but you get shiney new wings :P), read the mangas (there are 3 that bridge between the movie and the series, they all contradict eachother in plot, another bogus thing but instead of defending such errors just take the version you like best), there are also 2 sidestories (G-Unit, where for some reason Dr. Berg constructed Gundams stronger than the ones in Operation Meteor although they got built approx in the same time, and he also made a PX system thats more win than ZERO system in some aspects although that took 7 years in the real series and Tiel's Impulse, where they just continue on being Power Rangers of pacifism but with different pilotes and the Gundams have MORE DAKKA DAKKA) to discover, or try another universe, I mean you ought to know the awesomeness of things like Zakus at some point.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 02-08-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by B Gundam View Post
    ...but don't try claiming its awesome in plot unless you go to a community that favours it with horse blinders on, and nowhere above-average for a Gundam series, unless you only compare it to SEED.

But what is more important is wether you like the series for yourself, its not about going around looking for haters or whatever. If you liked it then you liked it and thats that, gundam is good. Go watch/read more, Endless Waltz if you haven't yet (okay I know they want you to think those Gundams were used all along although they clearly look different but you get shiney new wings :P), read the mangas (there are 3 that bridge between the movie and the series, they all contradict eachother in plot, another bogus thing but instead of defending such errors just take the version you like best), there are also 2 sidestories (G-Unit, where for some reason Dr. Berg constructed Gundams stronger than the ones in Operation Meteor although they got built approx in the same time, and he also made a PX system thats more win than ZERO system in some aspects although that took 7 years in the real series and Tiel's Impulse, where they just continue on being Power Rangers of pacifism but with different pilotes and the Gundams have MORE DAKKA DAKKA) to discover, or try another universe, I mean you ought to know the awesomeness of things like Zakus at some point.
    I never claimed the story was great. I agree that there are some holes and it COULD have been better. For me, the series is pretty good. I've watched EW several times and honestly, I didn't like it as much as the series. The animation was great and even though the creators changed the Gundam's appearance and then claimed "thats how they always looked" was a little annoying it was tolerable. However, EW was just another example of how the creators didn't seem to put too much thought into the series. How is it that the Barton Foundation could stood idly by during the events of the series? It just didn't make much sense.

As for the mangas, I want to read them(specifically G-Unit) but part of me doesn't want to because(like you said), they contradict the series. I read in one manga, Heero becomes Relena's bodyguard. To me that is bullcrap.

Again, I'm almost finished watching GW again. When I'm done, I'll finish MS Team(I've enjoyed that so far) and probably move on to War in the Pocket and 00.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie has a reputation beyond repute Teddie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2009 07:29 PM
    Threads

I used to watch this show a REAL long time ago on Cartoon Network.
    I don't see what's the big deal if she watches GW first?
    It's her choice. She'll move onto that other show later on. lol
    Quote of the week:
    "Little things affect little minds."

Junior Member JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 10:53 PM
    Threads

How is gundam i read the first manga ( not so well i was really bored ) i thought it was REALLY COol in the middle

Tip: dont read the manga WATCH IT ON TV OR COMPUTER SERIOUSLY MANGA TAKES WAY TOO LONG!
    INSPIRED BY ANIME!
    Mostly Fruit Basket =D

Junior Member JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty is infamous around these parts JaceKitty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2009 10:53 PM
    Threads

"Didn't completely" is nicely spoken.

1.) Though Ikeda did the directing and it was supposed to make it a bit back to the spirit of a Gundam show after G Gundam being totally off the limits (one with politics and the plot shebang). But before they let him do it, they let someone else write the outline scenario. Of all people, it had to be the guy who made this:

+

2.) So after that, Ikeda could make a Power Ranger troop of Gundams piloted by the token multinational team have a plot, his attempted solution was making all of them have some mysterious sad past background. As result it was getting as bland as the teenager falling into the cockpit part (but that was at least a tradition) and 4 out of 5 main protagonists were somewhat emo all the time.

3.) Its openly admitted that the story sucks in romance, they just put a straight set of males and females and then left that alone, (but well its okay to do that for a kid's show, if you want to label the series one that is). On a side note, a lot of events inside the story and mainly the fangirls who manage to interprete everything their way managed to make everything inadvertidly homoerotic. But yaoi fangirls aside, the Latin-American dub-text managed to make Quatre gay with Trowa officially and in canon.

4.) Back to the plot issue, the whole war and peace babble set into it is encyclopedic for 'semiphilosophic talk to make a show seem more intellectually refined than it actually is' and 'Contemplate our navels':

5.) Despite trying to show that every motivation is equal and that there is no clear evil, they decided that the stock villains are blank. Its 1/4 compensated by one speech made by Treize where he memorizes their names, probably one of the only good moments around. And also, aside of the "no clear good/evil" thing, its still one sided for the protagonists and we've seen better.

7.) Word of God (author) Brightslaps for one or more above points ensue when they cross it over on various occassions:

-As shown by screenshots above, it takes only 2-3 lines from Quattro to shut Zechs up from a long wannabe-debate, with side jabs on originality with the mask as in-joke.

-A while later, Quatre and Wufei approach as enemies although Londo Bell opposes OZ. Their reason? Quattro is capable of far more than Treize will ever be... and Neo Zeon does rear up later, as if just to show how accurate they were with that assumption.

-Endless Waltz discussion about people needed in war being seen as dangerous/thrown away in times of peace between Wufei and Heero in front of verbally facepalming Newtypes who are long over the conclusion of that, including a "Bunch" of trouble (If you get what I'm referring to).

-Upon meeting the cast of Turn A Gundam (Turn A is the series to have "the essence of all Gundams"), they note that Amuro and Char's names are great roles in the Black History. Heero & company are also around - they get no mention.

-So Heero shows up again between OZ and SNRI/EF and... okay look, you get the point by now I'm not listing everything in History or something.

If Gundam W were the only Gundam series to exist, I'd probably say its okay, and well, its a 'Gundam Series' after all so it inherits some merits that are good, but does not develope them although it tries staying on the same rail despite having factors that clearly don't fit into that. Its a solid standalone power ranger series - more philosophical than that, but far from being anywhere near the potential is the more accurate description. I wouldn't be too harsh because the demographic is Shonen (kids/teens) as opposed to the Seinen (adult) ones I favour over it (and I wouldn't have written all this if you weren't actually asking me to) but don't try claiming its awesome in plot unless you go to a community that favours it with horse blinders on, and nowhere above-average for a Gundam series, unless you only compare it to SEED.

+
    i dont get what your saying BUT I LIKE THE COMICs =D!!
    INSPIRED BY ANIME!
    Mostly Fruit Basket =D

JFL's Girl Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San has a reputation beyond repute Tsukamoto-San's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-27-2012 09:33 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xTrielaSanx

I use to watch it on Cartoon Network, too. I was, like, ten, I think (maybe younger). But, I loved this show back then. So, when I started watching anime again, I decided to check it out.

It's okay, but I'm not sure how, at ten, it kept my attention for half an hour. I'm not even sure I knew what was going on. But, it's still pretty good, though I'd like to watch the others for comparison, just to see.

It's the only one out of the whole Gundam series I've ever watched, so don't go by me...
    AKA xTheLostSailorx

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

I wanted to get into gundam wing, even after watching the whole thing I still disliked it, I just cant stand most of the gundam pilots where there cardbord personality's Trowa and Heero just get on my nerves.

I just liked Duo Maxwell cause he's mech as like the grim reaper.

Fat & Sassy Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness has a reputation beyond repute Kumoness's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2011 05:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NoirNue

I agree that the original (Universal Century) Gundam series are better. I too watched Gundam Wing on Toonami, but I never really got into it. Other than one scene which I barely remember, GW bored me. Personally, I prefer the UC arcs for the actual plot and character development. (I say "actual plot" meaning that it can actually be followed more easily and it makes sense (well, as much sense as a sci-fi series can make) .)

Senior Member Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms is just really nice Red Phantoms's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads

this is my comment due the following point

2 it was the stereotype even in the new power ranger Gundam like Gundam 00..... somehow i think the pilot themself was the personification from Wing series.... for example Duo and lock on yet 00 still win in some storyline

5 still same with the previous point

6 no comment since the most controvertion plan in gundam is collony drop and Colony laser

7 wew you even put some SRW in here..... how nostalgic yet i said its better in many ways then SEED Desteny though

BTW Zaku rules >_<
    Last edited by Red Phantoms; 04-02-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    We observe all.....Then when do we move?
    We cant just wait and see right?
    Well just let your imagination works since we are the Phantoms
    Zieg Phantoms!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information