AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I just started to watch Gundam Wing

Manic Shot WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-22-2009 03:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I just started to watch Gundam Wing

I really like it.It's an anime which seems like it was made for me!xP
    Only I didn't get what Hero says to Melina after he whippes off her tear,when he ripped her invitation xP.(Did I spell the names right?)

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2009 05:14 PM
    Threads

I realy feel responsible in telling you the following:

-Stop. NOW.
    -Start watching 8th MS Team
    -Get hooked with the Universal Century, the original gundam Universe
    -Go watch Gundam W again and see if you can say it was made for you

*Notices the poster is female*

Oh okay, maybe it is good for you. You like yaoi? Because this series, though having a straight set of females and males which are designed to match, fails to indicate any relationship in 99% of the cases, the author himself has admitted to fail at any romance. Meanwhile the males look girlish and develope their relation with eachother more than with any female. And Zechs alone is Char, but with a girly note. So yeah, go ahead for the ho yay.

But I still prefer you start with a UC series. (Not that I can force anyone)

But for your comparison:

Gundam Wing

+Strong Gundams
    +Pretty Boys, lots of them
    +Individual Gundams (a power ranger team consisting of them)

-Plot sucks
    -Zero romance
    -Battles mostly lack strategy
    -Lack of character developement

If you just want good looking main characters and uber gundams that own everything around them with flashy moves, you're on the right series.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Openings of Universal Century Gundam series:

8th MS Team Opening

+Its Romantic
    +Plot is good
    +Focus on character developement rather than machines beating other machines to crap. Shiro gains more of it in a single episode than Heero through the whole series.

-Weak Gundam units, this makes the battles cooler though.

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

MS IgLOO opening

+See for yourself

-Less bishounen

+
    Life is like Gundam ZZ, anime ja nai!
    B Gundam's sigs

For we are one World with one Dream!
    Some things are timeless. In a literal sense.

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by WinterDream View Post
    I really like it.It's an anime which seems like it was made for me!xP
    Only I didn't get what Hero says to Melina after he whippes off her tear,when he ripped her invitation xP.(Did I spell the names right?)
    I forget what he says to Relena...
    I think it was pretty much him just showing he has disdain for her and her lifestyle. I have to warn you, there is not a lot of chemistry between the two that you might hope for. You might be disappointed like stated above if your hoping they have more romance.

I see you have a picture of Duo. Of the characters in Wing, he was a favorite of mine. (probably because he had a Black gundam with a sicle for a weapon)
    I guess I will be devils advocate and say, I liked the series in a popcorn sort of way , it is not too deep, and when it does try to be, it gets lost on a slow boat to China.

Mr BG here is correct in saying, after you see a storyline in other Gundams, you might look back at this one and see a lot of flaws. But that will be later and not now.

Action is a plenty, however a lot is reused footage. The designs of the Gundams range from pretty silly, to pretty cool. (However my favorite Machines in the show, were the mass produced bad guy aries machines.)

Anyhow, if your enjoying it, nice to hear. If you still enjoy it till the end, please do check out other shows in the series.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Manic Shot WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream has a reputation beyond repute WinterDream's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Heero says "I'll destroy you".Oh yeah and I worked out their names by now.

B Gundam:
    I like shonen ai rather more then yaoi but I like both.xPHow'd you guess?

Well I like mecha's and that stuff and I don't like most of the guys.
    Trowa is ok but..
    Heero I don't really like,just to pair him with Duo.
    Quatre is just..
    Wufei..

Duo is actually the only guy there who really is likeable.

What was that anime you suggested,I can't work with those short forms of the names xP(or is it the full name)
    Last edited by WinterDream; 12-02-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2015 05:48 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OH MAN!! last time saw GUNDAM W it was TOTAL *headache* ALLEY!! i agree; the universal century era series are the best GUNDAM has to offer by far...
    ♥Mikuru Asahina's Soulmate♥

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikuru_Asahina

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gundam is awesome.I should try to draw mechas as well.

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

Heero says "I'll destroy you".Oh yeah and I worked out their names by now.

B Gundam:
    I like shonen ai rather more then yaoi but I like both.xPHow'd you guess?

Well I like mecha's and that stuff and I don't like most of the guys.
    Trowa is ok but..
    Heero I don't really like,just to pair him with Duo.
    Quatre is just..
    Wufei..

Duo is actually the only guy there who really is likeable.

What was that anime you suggested,I can't work with those short forms of the names xP(or is it the full name)
    I think one recommendation already made was Gundam 08th MS,
    I would also recommend one just called Mobile Suit Gundam the original, and if you could find it where you are, or online Gundam Z, it's sequel.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Senior Member B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam has a reputation beyond repute B Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Funkgun View Post
    I think one recommendation already made was Gundam 08th MS,
    I would also recommend one just called Mobile Suit Gundam the original, and if you could find it where you are, or online Gundam Z, it's sequel.
    Whut he sez. Reference Material here.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks there.I wasn't sure if that MS was the name of it or some short form of it.Like saying Gundam S and W.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Series names:

Universal Century:

Genre Specs: Shounen, Seinen (Mature), defined realistic mecha Anime, father of many archetypes and tropes (even Final Fantasy has references to it). Most realistic Universe. Most detailed Universe. Features widespread coverage with Sidestory mangas and even novels.

Mobile suit Gundam (0079/1st)
    8th MS Team
    Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
    Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories
    Z Gundam
    ZZ Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's counterattack
    Gundam F91
    Victory Gundam
    MS IgLOO (The Hidden 1 Year War + Apocalypse 0079)
    MS IgLOO 2: Gravity Warfront

After Colony:

Genre Specs: Shounen/Shoujo (more Shounen), meant to be realistic but is not, lack of background details also hinders realism, lots of bishounen, features typical politically correct 5-man team of different personalities and Individual Gundams, Endless Waltz features eyecandy Gundam designs and flashy combat scenes, rips off Future Century, has some sidestory mangas which contradict eachother.

New Mobile Report Gundam Wing
    Gundam W: Endless Waltz

Future Century:

Genre specs: Shounen, is not and never claimed or tried to be realistic in any way, 5 man power ranger team, Martial Arts, Tournament, VERY individual Gundams (Including a Sailor Moon-ish one), Power level of OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND!!!!!1111oneelevenzomg. features a few sidestory mangas

Mobile Fighter G Gundam

After War:

Genre specs: Shounen, fair realism, Individual Gundams, features sidestory manga.

After War Gundam X

Cosmic Era:

Genre Specs: Shounen, is fairly realistic despite being flashy, good background info coverage, rips off Universal Century a lot, good coverage of Sidestory mangas, lots and lots of Bishounen and Bishoujos all with pretty-boy faces that usually get identified by Hairstyle rather than face. Idiot Plot.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

Anno Domini:

Genre specs: Shounen, could easily top in realism if it had more background detail material, Lots of Bishounen, Individual Gundams, power ranger team, is starting to get sidestory mangas.

Gundam 00

Correct Century:

Genre Specs: Shounen, in some Canon handled as very late in Universal Century, fairly realistic, wierd Gundam designs (moustachio!), wierd Character designs (Korin Nander and the Raccoon Girl) was meant to be the accumulation of the spirit of all Gundam eras. Turn A gundam is by technical specs one of the strongest Gundam Protagonist Units (its about 5 times as strong as Wing gundam Zero from the movie and can delete all technology sending mankind back to the stoneage, which it actually has done at least once already, mind you.).

Turn A Gundam
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-03-2008 at 11:47 AM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Seems like you're quite some mecha watcher.Thanks.

Senior Member bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040 is infamous around these parts bgc2040's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

honestly i like G Gundam the best not that im saying that the other gundam series arent great but none of the others let the pilots control the mechs with body movements instead of using controls.but like gundam wing too cuz its the first gundam show i ever saw
    I'm not a phantom, a banshee, a witch, or an ogre But my crew's got the best chance of taking over Yo, I don't transform and I don't change shape Don't take the bus, don't shoplift tapes But I used to, and if you choose to, Here's something to pop inside your walkman and cruise to I'mma pay dues and blues, that's the truth If there's one thing I've learned from life, there's much to lose I know, that's why we never duplicate shows You're just an imitation, you can die like white buffalo

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well since we're in a Wing thread I might as well throw in goodies and spread the love for W fans

first, off, one specially for WinterDream, a shoujo style depiction of how Heero gets a new hairstyle.

And since the 2 W fans here who have posted up to now like Duo, here's one about him being the only main character in Gundam W (aside of Wufei) who is not acting emo all the time.

Whats the one thing in Gundam W more mind distorting than ZERO system? Relena of course.

This is more of a G Gundam joke, Allenby met Domon in the arcade after all.

And she is also awesome in combat, like most G Gundam characters...

I bet W fans who use ZERO system as argument for every pilot comparison is gonna hate me for releasing this one.

Oh, and one thing which is a REAL PITY about Gundam W: THERE ARE NO ZAKUS!!! How can there be no Zakus? Zakus are the eternal rivals to Gundams (not power-wise). You can't have Gundam without Zakus. But I guess it makes sense because you need *actual piloting skill* to survive in a Zaku

And with *actual piloting skill* I mean people like Char.

+

"A superior Mobile Suit will always meet its limits against a superior pilot". Word.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-04-2008 at 07:20 PM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks there.What is "Zaku" again?

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 11:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I know what he said. Heero told Relena that he was going to kill her. I thought it was funny.

I also started watching it. I'm on episode 15 today. I think it's an awesome series, and it has the same animation as G Gundam.
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I yet have to watch G Gundam.And don't watch so many at a time or I can't catch up!<<laughs>>

Master of Detonations hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777 has a reputation beyond repute hitohikamisoul777's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-22-2009 05:36 PM
    Threads

I love gundam too, my capacity for remembering names R fail, but I love the fights and whatnot, they're so well done and not choppy like some other anime... It's a good one...
    "Give me the power, the power to protect everybody..."

-Ichigo Kurosaki of Bleach

http://hitohikami.deviantart.com/gallery/
    (This is my stuff, Hito is me, don't have much up there yet...)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks there.What is "Zaku" again?
    My previous Post has a video of Char's Custom Zaku facing Wing Gundam Zero.

Zakus are the basic mass produced units of the "bad guys" in the original Gundam series, they are basically cannon fodder (like Leos, and similiarly weak). They get mowed over all the time, with one exception, the Red Zaku piloted by Char Aznable (Char's Custom Zaku), because its tuned to triple speed and Char is one of the best pilots around. This spawned a meme in which people call red things "Char's Custom" for fun. In fact, Nintendo and Sony frequently produces a special edition of its consoles which is "Char's Custom", in red color of course.

Char's Custom PSP, a special edition PSP made solely to honour the rival of the Original Gundam.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 12-05-2008 at 12:39 PM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh I got it,thanks for pointing it out.

Junior Member sheep89 is on a distinguished road sheep89's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2008 11:31 AM
    Threads

overall its a nice anime. learn to enjoy and appreciate it. its cool.
    ^^

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts Aria Neko Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2015 05:09 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Oh dear christ...yoai...shounen ai...in GW? Um-No. There is no romance in GW at all...Save for Zechs and Noin...And anyone who says otherwise needs to be taken outback and shot. >.>

ANYWAY...FYI to B Gundam about his Zaku complaint. GW is an AC Universe Gundam Series Dude. THERE ARE NO ZAKUS IN THE AC UNIVERSE. x_x;; And there are other AC universe Gundam series' out there.

Exp:

Mobile Fighter G Gundam
    New Mobile Report Gundam W
    Turn-A Gundam
    After War Gundam X

None have Zaku. All are AC universe. kay?
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    Oh dear christ...yoai...shounen ai...in GW? Um-No. There is no romance in GW at all...Save for Zechs and Noin...And anyone who says otherwise needs to be taken outback and shot. >.>

ANYWAY...FYI to B Gundam about his Zaku complaint. GW is an AC Universe Gundam Series Dude. THERE ARE NO ZAKUS IN THE AC UNIVERSE. x_x;; And there are other AC universe Gundam series' out there.

Exp:

Mobile Fighter G Gundam
    New Mobile Report Gundam W
    Turn-A Gundam
    After War Gundam X

None have Zaku. All are AC universe. kay?
    @ yaoi: Thats exactly what I meant, there is no romance although there is a rank and file even set of females and males plus all males are bishounen and even set up conveniently with personalities like a boygroup (inadvertidly) and thats exactly why gundam W is top notch yaoi material and has been thoroughly exploited in that sense in pop culture, mainly throughout Japan.

@ Zaku comment: Aside of this being off topic, you are telling a heckload of nonsense:

AC Universe is Gundam Wing and Gundam Wing ONLY. Turn A, Gundam X, etc. etc. are NOT part of the AC.

G Gundam => FC
    Turn A => CC (or UC in some canon)
    Gundam X => AW (its even in the title, "After War" Gundam X...)

Second, everything but the AC DOES have Zakus, or at least something with a monoeye design:

G Gundam => MS-06 Busshi
    Gundam X => MS-06 Jenice

And especially Turn A:

Turn A => MS-06 Borjarnon

If you would actually *watch* Turn A you'd never list it as having no Zakus. But I wasn't talking about those was I? The topic says "Gundam WING", and FYI, G Gundam, Gundam X and Turn A are NOT Gundam Wing :P

Gundam Wing => MS-06 Leo

And Leos get no love.

And last, I said Gundam Wing has no Zakus, you said Gundam Wing has no Zakus... in capital letters, WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUR COMMENT IF YOU AGREE WITH ME ANYWAYS? I mean you came in here to complain about something I said in a completely different topic and even shout/caps at me to tell something I just stated back there. Or at least thats what I'm seeing. So please, elaborate what you are trying to discuss with me about.
    Last edited by B Gundam; 02-01-2009 at 09:55 AM.
    B Gundam's sigs

Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

The yaoi comment was for any chicks who might get into this.

I have a Gundam Referance book that clearly states the series' I listed Are AC...And the point of saying that over again was to say that none of the AC gundam series have Zaku...>.> But meh... ::wanders off not really caring to-to much::

...Clear...

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You know, when you specifically point out something in caps to someone about something that wasn't even discussed in the topic you are pointing it out in, the "I don't really care" card doesn't work so well :P

And yes, no AC series has Zakus... Thats what I just said... I'm glad you agree with me again.
    B Gundam's sigs

Gil
    Innocent
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

::sigh:: All the series' I listed were all AC. Not just GW, according to my official Gundam book. That was my point.

...Clear...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information