AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: My first Signature...

Junior Member Infinitului.īnchisoare is on a distinguished road Infinitului.īnchisoare's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2010 08:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default My first Signature...

By the way I'm a new member

*waves at everyone*

I downloaded Adobe Photoshop CS4 last night and starting fooling around in it. I see so many great graphics on this website and many others. Hopefully one day I'll be able to make good ones.

Heres what I made last night while just fooling around in Photoshop for the first time

Nowhere near spectacular I know, lol. Can anyone give me any advice for someone just starting off in Photoshop? I really would like to be able to create graphics like the ones at the top of the page, and all the other kinds on here, but Photoshop is rather confusing to me. I've looked at the tutorials on here, but they seem to be kind of old, and even the sites I went didn't really show me how to create anything spectacular.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Infinitului.īnchisoare; 12-03-2008 at 01:45 AM.

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

It's actually really good for a first time. It is a bit bright though. But other than that; fantastic job. Ururu looks funny and cute. lol

Junior Member Infinitului.īnchisoare is on a distinguished road Infinitului.īnchisoare's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    It's actually really good for a first time. It is a bit bright though. But other than that; fantastic job. Ururu looks funny and cute. lol
    Wow really? Thanks!!! Yeah its a bit bright, lol. I was trying to go for a mysterious type of feel.

Quote Originally Posted by torayuri View Post
    i really like it, nice job!
    Really. Geez I'm shocked. I didn't think anybody would think it would be any good, lol.

I'm so happy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Leche View Post
    Wow thats really cool i like how its like a mirror of her and the effects are cool to. Great job
    Thanks you!!

I'm so surprised everybody thinks it good.
    Last edited by UrusaiSevera; 11-30-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    Threads

It's really good for a start. I think the scanlines might be a bit thick. It's also kind of bright, as others have said.

About the tutorials here: the tutorials are not only meant to teach you how to make THAT signature or avatar, but also to teach you little techniques that will help when you make your own stuff. *grin*

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I don't use Photoshop, so I'm not entirly sure how it works...

Siggy by me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nariel View Post
    It's really good for a start. I think the scanlines might be a bit thick. It's also kind of bright, as others have said.

About the tutorials here: the tutorials are not only meant to teach you how to make THAT signature or avatar, but also to teach you little techniques that will help when you make your own stuff. *grin*

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I don't use Photoshop, so I'm not entirly sure how it works...
    Thank you, and I said the SAME thing about the scanlines, but for some reason I can't seem to get them to be the right size. Any suggestions?

And you don't use Photoshop? What program do you use because your signature is AMAZING.

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

GIMP, it's pretty much the same thing, I think, just free. I'm not sure about function names and layouts though.

For the scanlines, you could try lowering the opacity of them a bit, and see if that makes them a little less bright and obvious.

Siggy by me!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Nariel View Post
    GIMP, it's pretty much the same thing, I think, just free. I'm not sure about function names and layouts though.

For the scanlines, you could try lowering the opacity of them a bit, and see if that makes them a little less bright and obvious.
    Thank you so much. I'm going to try out GIMP, and its absolutely free?

Do you have a link for the latest version.

Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

it's really good for a first try. But I would suggest making it a bit smaller, and making the text bolder so that it shows up alot clearer. But other then that, it's fine.
    月の光は愛のメッセージ

And now the world is mine Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye has a reputation beyond repute Jagan Eye's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Xmas Tree
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2013 08:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitului.īnchisoare View Post
    Thank you so much. I'm going to try out GIMP, and its absolutely free?

Do you have a link for the latest version.

http://www.download.com/GIMP/3000-21...dlPid=10892557

Thats the GIMP download link, but since you have PS, I highly recommend that you go with that. GIMP and PS have a lot of the same functions but PS is a lot smoother and has more options you can toy with. Also, in the editing tips and tutorials section, there are a ton of tutorials you can try out.

As for your siggy, you should cut down the size considerably. I suggest 350 by 150 or 420 by 160 as good standard size. When making sigs, its a good idea to use good quality stocks. Try the uploads section for stocks that have been pre-extracted for you to use [just credit the extractors]

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by moonlightkisu View Post
    it's really good for a first try. But I would suggest making it a bit smaller, and making the text bolder so that it shows up alot clearer. But other then that, it's fine.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagan Eye View Post
    http://www.download.com/GIMP/3000-21...dlPid=10892557

Thats the GIMP download link, but since you have PS, I highly recommend that you go with that. GIMP and PS have a lot of the same functions but PS is a lot smoother and has more options you can toy with. Also, in the editing tips and tutorials section, there are a ton of tutorials you can try out.

As for your siggy, you should cut down the size considerably. I suggest 350 by 150 or 420 by 160 as good standard size. When making sigs, its a good idea to use good quality stocks. Try the uploads section for stocks that have been pre-extracted for you to use [just credit the extractors]
    Thanks alot. I'm going to try out both and see how they work, and also what exactly is extracting?

I looked it up in the uploads section, and it seems like either removing an image from a background or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Ryu View Post
    that is pretty good for your first try. The render you used it pretty cute too. Can't wait to see more of your work n_n
    Aww thanks. Appreciate it.
    Last edited by Infinitului.īnchisoare; 11-30-2008 at 06:22 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Default My Second Signature/Future Work

Ok guys I'm back and with a new sig. As you all know I just started in Photoshop like 3 days ago, lol.

This is my second signature. I just redid it and added certain effects to each one. I'll most likely be posting all of my future work in here as well.

Hope you like it. Comments, feedback, and advice heavily appreciated!

1st

2nd

3rd

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A one pixel black border might be nice, to make it feel finished. I either like the second or the third best, I'm not sure...

Siggy by me!

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Really, as others have said, tutorials are going to help you a lot. While these are all pretty good starts, taking on some tutorials and really making something following their instructions can skyrocket the awesomeness of your works.

Extractions are usually people such as anime and video game characters that certain people have taken the time to "extract" from another image. This means that if you download them and use them, you just have that person or object and nothing but empty space around them. This a very good thing to have for most creations. It gives you the advantage of working with an empty palette beneath the image. Stocks are normal images and can be used for graphics, too, but can often be a little harder to work with. You're probably working with stocks, yourself.

Anyway, make your next post up here something made from a tutorial. And if the tutorial is difficult to follow, the creator, I'm sure, would be happy to answer questions and assist.

love
    dani
    dude
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks for all the feedback.

I see somebody merged the threads!! Meh...lol

And I'm going to try one of the tutorials on here, and see if I can get it right.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well guys I'm back, and with another one I made.

Comments? Advice? Feedback?

Beautiful Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2009 11:19 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: princesszakuraa

Not bad, although I feel you need to make it smaller. It's a bit big in my eyes.

Other then that, not bad.

BY the way, what tut did you use?
    Last edited by Zakuraa; 12-27-2008 at 04:21 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zakuraa View Post
    Not bad, although I feel you need to make it smaller. It's a bit big in my eyes.

Other then that, not bad.

BY the way, what tut did you use?
    Thanks. I make them so much bigger than the ones on here because I use them for another message board. I'll start making some smaller ones for here.

Also, I really didn't use any tutorials. My friend just kind of showed me the ropes for a few things, but other than that I've just been fooling around in Photoshop, and learned a few things.

Beautiful Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa has a reputation beyond repute Zakuraa's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2009 11:19 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: princesszakuraa

It's always fun to learn new things. I'll admit, i've been doing tuts and they've improved my style dramatically.

Kakashi's FAV Kitty!! kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty has a reputation beyond repute kakashiskitty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 11:41 PM
    Threads

i personally think you need to make your sigs just a bit smaller but beyond that your improving a lot! its awesome how well your doing >_<

keep it up!

S.i.g. M.a.d.e B.y M.e

Closed Thread

Thread Information