AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there could/should have been a bit mature version of Naruto series?

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 02:07 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Arrow Do you think there could/should have been a bit mature version of Naruto series?

I mean, it is just an opinion. It is of course upto the writer,Masashi Kishimoto , to decide how the Naruto series should end. But I just think that it would have been better if there was a bit mature version of Naruto series, so that there would have been three series in Naruto :

1.the first Naruto series in which Naruto is of 12-13 age,
    2.Shippuuden series in which he's of 14-16 age ,and
    3.a bit mature series in which he's above 16-17 years of age.

I know there a lot of contexts in Naruto series that are hard to swallow to be considered Mature but, the characters, dialogues, situations and environment could have been adjusted such that there could have been a mature version of Naruto series .

Well, that's just my opinion . So, what's your opinion?

and, if you think there could/should have been a mature version of Naruto series, what are the things that you think could/should have been adjusted/inserted/changed for a bit mature Naruto series?You may also mention some of the changes necessary in the characters, environments and situations.

One of the reasons, I thought about this topic was that I thought it would have been cooler if the growth of Naruto and his ninja buddies was shown from a kid, to a teenage and finally maturing into fine ninjas....just can't help thinking that it would have been a bit cooler .
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 12-06-2008 at 03:42 AM.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY

Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2010 05:00 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1234 5678 91011

No what i think is that they should make a third season where he is finally hokagewhen hes like 25. where he does hokage things and stuffs.
    i think the first season of naruto was supposed to be unmature. they are children. What do you expect?
    Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Wowzabunny

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 08:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The manga is actually a bit more mature than the anime. The anime is pretty dumbed down.

I don't thikn there will be a "third" Naruto. Everything will end with the conclusion of the second story arc ("Shippuden" in the anime).

And I think Naruto is good for what it is. It's a series for younger teenagers, and a perfect fit for Shounen Jump.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

no i was just saying, if they did make a third season

Simple Truth CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce has a reputation beyond repute CrystalAce's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post
    The manga is actually a bit more mature than the anime. The anime is pretty dumbed down.

I don't thikn there will be a "third" Naruto. Everything will end with the conclusion of the second story arc ("Shippuden" in the anime).

And I think Naruto is good for what it is. It's a series for younger teenagers, and a perfect fit for Shounen Jump.
    Well, now I really don't think that the manga was any much different from anime version.....a few scenes were cut off but that's it... not much diferrence in people's attitude and the environment.
    I think it would have been a bit better to make a mature version of naruto where you show the true hardships and life of a ninja and not just a fun for ninja. That way Naruto series could have cover a wide range of categories and liked by many more people.
    "To do is to be" - Descartes, "To be is to do" - Voltaire, "Do be do be do" - Sinatra.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lone_Sannin View Post
    Well, now I really don't think that the manga was any much different from anime version.....a few scenes were cut off but that's it... not much diferrence in people's attitude and the environment.
    I think it would have been a bit better to make a mature version of naruto where you show the true hardships and life of a ninja and not just a fun for ninja. That way Naruto series could have cover a wide range of categories and liked by many more people.
    Narutos a mix of fun and hardships of ninjas
    many ninjas die. its not always fun.

Junior Member BADGUY99 can only hope to improve BADGUY99's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-10-2008 02:11 PM
    Threads

I find it annoying when people try to predict an audiance for an anime. I don't think Naruto was all that immature compared to other anime, just becuase it wasn't all dark and horrific the whole time.
    But yes, I do predict that there will be a third set in wich naruto is older and is the hokage.

Member 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2008 12:02 PM
    Threads

Yes, Naruto at first had the right mood for 12-13 year olds. It was fun and grim at different parts. I sure did enjoy it and laugh a lot but not so scary. It never made me cringe or look away from the screen. But it as good enough for the pre-teens.

In Shippuden now, everyone is older and the atmosphere has change a bit. I was hoping for a little rougher parts in Naruto, little more graphic. More Mature but its ok.

I just hope if they do make another series its more mature. Make the battles a little more intense. Something that will make you say "HOLY SH*T". A little bit more darker now. Hes not a kid, hes a grown up. The world isn't made up of candy and bunnies. Its time to see the darker side of the ninja world and make me cringed a little in my char. I also hope this goes some where in his love life too. I am a guy but I am to the point I want to see him hook up with someone. Enough of this "I like you" and this goes no where.

That's my 2 cents.. ROFL

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Another series to keep the acidic drool from pouring out of Narutard mouths? It will be the end of the world if it happens. They lost a lot, if not all of my respect a long time ago.

Member 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne has a reputation beyond repute 0ne's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well a narutard fan is a person who lives and breathes it. If it stopped right now and did not continue they would cry. I am not that, I would not have a problem since there is more and better shows out. So wanting another season would have to raise the bar to another hole level. So making it a some what different and refreshing show. Well if done right.

But pfffff. I rather watch some VP right now, getting good.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

It don't think a show needs to make someone cringe to be mature? Could you specify mature?
    And why do some people hate people who like Naruto so much?

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xero XIII View Post

There might be, you never know. There was a DBZ plot device in the show and it is a Shonen.

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2013 02:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well I myself am a Naruto fan but a third series would be kinda useless. I mean what more could they do? The akatsuki are pretty much finished off and some main characters are dying off. I highly doubt Kishimoto would make a third series but if he does, great

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

~*The coldest story*~ Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2010 09:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kimora

Well the english doesn't have as much maturity as the Japanese, I must say. The Japanese has alot more swearing and that (which I really like).
    And without swearing Hidan's character (here I go again... talking about one of my boys) would not be Hidan's character.
    Hidan without swearing!? I can't imagine such a Naruto! o.o
    So yeah.. All in all. I don't think they need a 3rd Naruto. And it doesn't need any more "maturity". (only the english ver. does)
    But, then again, it is only my opinion. >_>
    Last edited by Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara; 11-28-2008 at 09:22 PM.
    I built a wall... not to block anyone out, but to see
    who will ever love me enough.... to climb over it.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2013 08:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara View Post
    Well the english doesn't have as much maturity as the Japanese, I must say. The Japanese has alot more swearing and that (which I really like).
    And without swearing Hidan's character (here I go again... talking about one of my boys) would not be Hidan's character.
    Hidan without swearing!? I can't imagine such a Naruto! o.o
    So yeah.. All in all. I don't think they need a 3rd Naruto. And it doesn't need any more "maturity". (only the english ver. does)
    But, then again, it is only my opinion. >_>
    If your definition of maturity is based on swearing, you'll have a difficult time growing up. Often times it is the ability not to swear that shows maturity.

And the english version is no less mature than the japanese version. They just removed some slightly bad language and a bit of blood. That doesn't make either version any less or more mature.

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Amen. I hate how people seem to think that what determines the age group for a show is how much dirty content it has.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Lets do this off ESRB rating scale.
    Teen

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

Mature
    Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language.

Naruto is a Teen rating leading into Mature rating. Well this is for games but it still works.

But these days kids sear like old men and play games the should not and watch movies they should not. They can do all that stuff if they want but its how they handle it.

Forsaken Beer Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster has a reputation beyond repute Brewmaster's Avatar
    Gil
    Bahahaha
    Gifts Beer Beer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-16-2013 09:39 PM
    Threads

I will have to go with Xero on this.I think it is good as it is now.Perfect!
    There is no need to add anything more and i think that it is mature enough as it is now.You can't really say that it's for kids but its best suited for teenage period.I know my mom for example loves Naruto and watches it with me all the time and she says that it sure ain't for kids!
    My job?Well being drunk.
    What do I do in my free time?In my free time I'm being drunk.
    Favorite place?The bar.
    Favorite drink?Heineken ftw!
    I don't brawl but be careful I might bite...

Was called Forsaken One once...

Member *Yuki* is a jewel in the rough *Yuki* is a jewel in the rough *Yuki* is a jewel in the rough *Yuki* is a jewel in the rough *Yuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2008 11:39 AM
    Threads

Yes i think there should be!

~The Skylark Rose~ animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365 has a reputation beyond repute animegirl2365's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Notebook
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-05-2012 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah I could be,But I think it's fine they way it is.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

..hmm...well,it seems that some of the people are not minding the topic....

If people do not agree with the question of the topic, well it's fine....express your opinion.

But if you think that there could/should have been a bit mature version of Naruto series then, please mind telling what are the changes or adjustment or insertment that you want in the mature Naruto series like some pepole have mentioned like use of strong language reference. You may also mention some of the changes necessary in the characters, environments and situations.

One of the reasons, I thought about this topic was that I thought it would have been cooler if the growth of Naruto and his ninja buddies was shown from a kid, to a teenage and finally maturing into fine ninjas....just can't help thinking that it would have been a bit cooler.
    Last edited by CrystalAce; 12-06-2008 at 03:39 AM.

Keeping Score Without The Music Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-24-2014 12:28 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Nah, I don't see the point. Making Naruto longer would kill all the respect I have left for the show/manga. Naruto is good where it is, no more is needed.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Alice Carroll reading articles on Anime Globe~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiken- View Post
    Nah, I don't see the point. Making Naruto longer would kill all the respect I have left for the show/manga. Naruto is good where it is, no more is needed.
    That's one of the key issue here.

Well, the reason for, most of the people have lost (going to lose) respect for Naruto is rather like many people have lost respect for the Pokemon series. Pokemon has been going on and on and on....Naruto has also many arc to be completed. Both are extremely long, seeming like an endless long journey and after few year long exciting journeys it feels like, "What? It's all the same.Really overstretched!".

But if there is a new version of the same sequel but in an entirely new angle, say darker and mature of version of Naruto, the long lost respect is sure to get back through new perspectives. As Naruto is one of the most loved anime of all time, I personally believe it's best to have a mature version of Naruto.

~*The coldest story*~ Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara has a reputation beyond repute Hyuga NejiSabaku no Gaara's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2010 09:01 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kimora

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BADGUY99 View Post
    Amen. I hate how people seem to think that what determines the age group for a show is how much dirty content it has.
    Geez! That is not what I was trying to explain at all!! ><
    All I was trying to say was that the english version seems a little more suttle than the Japanese. That is all. Not that either is better or worse in any way, shape, or form. I still like the english version too. I definitly do NOT base maturity on dirty content or foul language. In fact, I find that quite the opposite of maturity. I do agree with Xero XIII on that prospect.
    So yes, I do not think the way I have clearly bin taken, and I apologize for my ability to mis-lead people with my wording. Sorry.
    I built a wall... not to block anyone out, but to see
    who will ever love me enough.... to climb over it.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Mature seems to be the tricky work here. What is being mature theses days? Well in the first series it was more childish with Naruto transforming into a naked chick and peeing on pee. Still funny, I may note.

I am judging Naruto on the amount of violence, graphic images( gore, nudity) and the language.

In a sense its not that bad for kids. Well the Japanese version has more curse words, thats for sure. I doubt you will see on cartoon network the F bomb. Naruto is what, rated 14+ year old? Where the Japanese version seems to be at 17+ old.

If they finish Naruto up. It ends with him be Hokage at the end and all. I wouldn't mind if they made another Naruto when hes like 25+ ish and made it more mature. To show a more darker and evil side of the ninja world. I would really enjoy it, since its a new story and something new.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information