AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: After the anime. . .

Junior Member FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool has much to be proud of FinnMacCool's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-01-2008 02:32 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default After the anime. . .

Often times, after an anime series ends, I'm anxious to see what happens afterwords. Because of that, I usually end up reading the mangas. But usuaully the manga and anime are very similar. For example, Naruto's manga is almost identical to the anime. Although I still enjoy collecting the mangas for my own personal satisfaction I have a question about a particular anime I've seen.

Recently, I've been seriously getting into Hunter x Hunter. So my question basically is this: Is it worth reading the manga if I've already watched the anime?

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 05:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes. The manga ends in OVA's & they're not complete. The series itself isn't done. I would skip the Greed Island volumes, because they are a pain. but you might like them.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2013 04:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: tentaclesnyunyu

Depends. Ex: FMA. You get only a piece of it if you watch the anime, so you have to read the manga, since they have different plotlines.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

/v|;/|/|) `|`}{;(-'/-'' daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft has a reputation beyond repute daft's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-09-2011 06:13 AM
    Threads

In most cases, yes. Examples: Berserk, One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Gantz, Fruits Basket, ect.

I've never had a case when it wasn't worth it... yet.
    SMILE!

z0mg I am GOD [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath] has a reputation beyond repute [BlackDeath]'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Beer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2009 08:44 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FinnMacCool View Post
    Often times, after an anime series ends, I'm anxious to see what happens afterwords. Because of that, I usually end up reading the mangas. But usuaully the manga and anime are very similar. For example, Naruto's manga is almost identical to the anime. Although I still enjoy collecting the mangas for my own personal satisfaction I have a question about a particular anime I've seen.

Recently, I've been seriously getting into Hunter x Hunter. So my question basically is this: Is it worth reading the manga if I've already watched the anime?
    Normally I would read the manga first the watch the anime after but I have switched the order around. I would only read the manga for animes I am truly interested. For example the anime of Air Gear cuts short and adruptly ends which makes room for a sequal but doesn't. In most cases the anime ends at the end of a story arc from the manga but in Air Gear that isn't the case. I feel the same for Claymore, there is a lot more story to be told but there just isn't in anime format which is ashame as most animes suffer from that.
    [You can't spell slaughter without laughter]

[Black_Death R.I.P 20/Oct/2005]

Closed Thread

Thread Information