AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Saiyuki Wall (1024x768)

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2005 01:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Well, the topic description pretty much sums up my question. Is there beauty in simplicity? Well, sometimes there is, but is it here? This is my most recent wall, and I am eager to get it up on AW because there aren't too many Saiyuki wallpapers out there.

Any comments or critisisms are appreciated.

-Iapetus

Edit: I took the pic down in favor of my makeshift web page, so you guys can continually see my various attempts. More about what changed below.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-22-2003 08:50 AM
    Threads

mmmmm i think you can find a better color for the bg than that imo

Member phantasmagoria is an unknown quantity at this point phantasmagoria's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2004 08:04 PM
    Threads

It looks good to me, but I would work with the bg a little.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;My armies are slain. My castle lies in ruins. My enemies have taken everything from me, all my wealth and power. But they could not kill me. I still walk the Earth, weak but alive. They have taken everything but the beating of my undead heart. Now they will learn of fear, these mewing babies who thought they could destroy me. I shall regain my powers, and come to them in the night. And my visits shall not be kind.&quot; --Kain, Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen</span>

Senior Member diablo111 diablo111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2004 07:06 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Not a bad wall at all really...simple, but good...maybe try a different color on the character?

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

It&#39;s nice and simple, but the font has some jagged edges and maybe you could use a monotone?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thanks for all the imput, you guys have really pointed out some things that I have missed. (This is one reason I&#39;m sooo glad the forums are back.)

Some issues with the picture: it was originally black and white. I have been experimenting with different colors, but the black, grey, and white have a nice sort of charm that I like. I will still try, though.

-Iapetus

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I put the second and third attempts up - check this link to see them. Forgive me for the plain design of the website and the popups, I wanted to get this up so I didn&#39;t clutter up this thread too much. I also wanted to make it easier on those with dial-up.

Dark Death: What did you mean by monotone? I&#39;m not familiar with that ability on PSP. What does it do? (hey you learn something new every day...)

Thanks again for the comments. I await your opinions on my current trials...

-Iapetus

Senior Member diablo111 diablo111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-16-2004 07:06 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The first version out of the three you made still looks the best...try keeping the bg color the same and maybe give the charcter a bluish-grey hue...just enough so he comes out of the bg.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ok, here is another option. I&#39;ll post it on my little wallpaper site in the morning. Until then, you can look at it here.

-Iapetus

Closed Thread

Thread Information