AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Imagine in a few years from now.

Laugh~ luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~ has a reputation beyond repute luz~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Naruto Headband Systems PS3 Katana
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-13-2014 06:55 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: luzTHEninja

Default Imagine in a few years from now.

Imagine that in a few years in the future we have so much technology that we don't need to write. That all we depend on is tech. to read write and hear. There's no such thing as written documents anymore. Then all of a sudden some natural catastrophe happens and all that tech goes out the window. How would you survive?!
    Xx~Laughs and smiles are for the strong~xX

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

More unhealthy and fatter people once the technologies has been highly qualified to convenience people to the point that we don't even need to get up.

China will be the world's super power by the year of 2012, which tells me that the US will really fall. [[Very Obvious one]]

The statistic of natural disaster will increase.

More wars--Nations will fight Nations, kingdoms fight kingdoms...

The climate will turn out abnormal from the past years.

Satan will be very busy!
    That's all I can imagine.
    ~*~*~*~
    This will not be just a few years...but it'll take more years. There will be improvement invention of micro chips to insert into peoples' brains, meaning that the people uses the chip in their brain to control many things such like turning on the TV, as the people wants to turn on the TV, the TV turns on by itself. And the chip can be inserted even in animals.

It'll be a tremendous but also scary technology that possibly turn the world over.
    Last edited by -akichan-; 11-21-2008 at 01:37 PM.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian. has a reputation beyond repute My Name is Ian.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-08-2013 03:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: tentaclesnyunyu

I would bring three Asus eee pc of different editions to school. Of course, easy to work, learn and play, light and small, right for your hands!

http://www.myce101.com/wp-content/up...ee_pc-show.jpg

However, I shall not look up the part where of no technology uses. That would be merely impossible.
    Last edited by My Name is Ian.; 11-21-2008 at 11:36 AM.

If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate.
    =Randomness is my Forte.=
    Procrastination.
    Tentacles.
    (gasp)

【Twitter】
    【Hear My Voice】
    Singer-songwriter / Artist / Cosplayer / Animation Student

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

I doubt that this will even occur in my lifetime. The world progresses more slower than what people think.

I will always use the resourses that I use now as they are what I have adapted to. The government can try and take my pen and paper away from me if they wish, that is ofcourse if they can find me.

Seriously though I do not think that there will be a time when we do not "write" or, weirder still, "listen" for that matter as that is just beyond ridiculous. I do not even think that this world could be lazy and stupid enough to progress that far to being lifeless computer freaks that do nothing for themselves and just let technology do everything.

Alas, to answer your question, I think that I would just live without it all. I have learnt campcraft skills just in the case of a worst case scenario such as this. I will live, unless ofcourse this incident starts yet another huge incident where people start going insane as a result and start to protest and make a rise in crime rates until the government put in order the peoples beloved laziness devices so that the community does not have to live for themselves any longer.
    Last edited by Amray The II; 11-21-2008 at 12:46 PM.
    That which is; is the truth.

Senior Member Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka has a reputation beyond repute Baka's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Neko Tv Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-19-2013 07:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

We would just go back to writing.

Bring me back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edward10 View Post
    I'm looking for episodes that have hungry girls with growling stomachs
    I lol'd at this

Spaz of AF Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria has a reputation beyond repute Hysteria's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2008 04:19 PM
    Threads

Same as the post below.
    YOU, Sir, Are slower than a retarded kid rolling up a hill in a wheelchair with the brakes on.

the system is down iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: lalala itsa secret

Quote Originally Posted by Hello Baka View Post
    yeah, wouldnt we? the whole history of writing would repeat itself, tellin us that technology is not always reliable for writing purposes.

Butterfly of Gadgets gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16 has a reputation beyond repute gadgetgirl16's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:24 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Hello Baka View Post
    i do agreewith you, but i wonder if in the future there would be awhole new way of writing; a whole new way of words and how it's written. i offten wonder..

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 10:30 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fait View Post
    I doubt that this will even occur in my lifetime. The world progresses more slower than what people think.
    Are you for real? 20 years ago, nothing was connected to the internet. 30 years ago, nothing was computerized. 100 years ago, cars did not exist. 200 years ago, electricity did not exist.

In the grand scale of things, the pace the world is progressing is terrifying.
    Last edited by Eris; 11-21-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2014 11:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

Quote Originally Posted by ǝɹıs View Post
    Are you for real? 20 years ago, nothing was connected to the internet. 30 years ago, nothing was computerized. 100 years ago, cars did not exist. 200 years ago, electricity did not exist.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were sentient robots and flying cars in less than a decade. In fact, companies have already started developing prototypes.

Honda's robot:
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co...d_3p.widec.jpg

How flying cars will work:
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/flying-car2.htm
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This explains that cooler:

I just need a spear, some gum, & a jar to survive. We need to write and stuff, but in reality writing will never die out. There are too many drop outs & people who can't work a computer.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SigmaSD View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were sentient robots and flying cars in less than a decade. In fact, companies have already started developing prototypes.

Honda's robot:
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Co...d_3p.widec.jpg

How flying cars will work:
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/flying-car2.htm
    Sentient robots? Perhaps. Flying cars? Probably not. The energy efficiency (or lack thereof) in any sort of flying mode of transportation will always make them expensive as hell. With the exception of hot air balloons and blimps.

Gods of Death Love Apples Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra has a reputation beyond repute Finvarra's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2012 10:56 AM
    Threads

I would shoot myself and then do a corpse run back to my body.
    Sig and Avatar
    by: GoodyLucky

Warcraft: Hit me up!
    Server: Skywall
    Main Toon: Phinvarra
    Alt Toons: Kazrawr and Nithilus

Senior Member Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru has a reputation beyond repute Mitchyru's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-03-2009 08:29 AM
    Threads

If all of the world's technology was gone, I'd go mentally insane.
    SPARE A CLICK, PLEASE? c:

Lady Shaorin's Soulmate Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke has a reputation beyond repute Tasuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Enterprise NCC 1701-B
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2014 04:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Beauty View Post
    Imagine that in a few years in the future we have so much technology that we don't need to write. That all we depend on is tech. to read write and hear. There's no such thing as written documents anymore. Then all of a sudden some natural catastrophe happens and all that tech goes out the window. How would you survive?!

watch that DISNEY/PIXAR movie "WALL-E" and you'll find out...
    ♥Mikuru Asahina's Soulmate♥

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikuru_Asahina

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Why yes, I am indeed "for real". Not in every single aspect have we advanced by much, and I was stating from public thoughts which is why I stated "..slower than people think".

In the 1960's, and even in more later years than that, people assumed that we would all be driving around in flying cars by the year 2010..and as we all know that is not going to happen in a period of less than two years. I would say about 60 years time at the least.

Also, the Military were using computers back during World War II, in fact computers were first made for the use of the military and was only their cause for concern. Computer technology was not meant for the public to begin with and therefore it has been being used far longer than people think.
    Last edited by Amray The II; 11-22-2008 at 03:13 PM.
    That which is; is the truth.

Senior Member Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2013 12:17 PM
    It's not on any map, true places never are.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Survive? We'll be excreting ectoplasm.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why yes, I am indeed "for real". Not in every single aspect have we advanced by much, and I was stating from public thoughts which is why I stated "..slower than people think".

In the 1960's, and even in more later years than that, people assumed that we would all be driving around in flying cars by the year 2010..and as we all know that is not going to happen in a period of less than two years. I would say about 60 years time at the least.
    People always assume technology will advance in stupid directions. That doesn't mean that technology hasn't advanced extremely fast.

The General Public's Guesses =/= Reality

Also, the Military were using computers back during World War II, in fact computers were first made for the use of the military and was only their cause for concern. Computer technology was not meant for the public to begin with and therefore it has been being used far longer than people think.
    Congratulations on missing the point. 30 years ago, the only thing that was computerized was computers and they fell into two categories: desk top size and lame, or large and somewhat less lame. Now a mid-level car has more computing power then an Apple II.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 11-22-2008 at 08:32 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Senior Member Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah has a reputation beyond repute Flah Blah's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2013 12:17 PM
    It's not on any map, true places never are.
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Mmm, Solvent Green.

Gil
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

If you thoroughly re-read my post, you will find that I said that nothing was computerized. I did not say there were no computers. Today, everything is computerized, that is, every aspect of our life is permeated by computers from how we make the stuff we need, to when street lights change color, to how much water comes out of your tap. This was not the case in 1978.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The people that believe in flying cars are the people who think 9/11 was a conspiracy. Advancements in cars would be not using gas anymore. Plus, imagine the price of hovercrafts. Expensive!

Member El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy has a reputation beyond repute El Wiseguy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-26-2008 12:25 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Beauty View Post
    Imagine that in a few years in the future we have so much technology that we don't need to write.
    Microsoft Word.

That all we depend on is tech. to read write and hear. There's no such thing as written documents anymore.
    Internet.

Then all of a sudden some natural catastrophe happens and all that tech goes out the window.
    Porn. Destroys the interwebz.

How would you survive?!
    Subscribe to Playboy.

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tasuke View Post
    watch that DISNEY/PIXAR movie "WALL-E" and you'll find out...
    I only wish it would be that great. No wars, no violence, cool hover chairs, and space robots!

Where do people get the idea that some natural disaster can somehow "destroy all the tech"? How is that any more likely than "comet plummets into Earth" or "Earth suddenly stops spinning"?

Senior Member DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Grumpy
    Gifts Trollface Beer Cookie
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 02:24 PM
    Threads

Kerrigan: The time has come to separate the chaff from the wheat.

After the natural catastrophy, only the truly worthy of living will survive. That's what i call Natural Selection (screw you, Darwin!).

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    I only wish it would be that great. No wars, no violence, cool hover chairs, and space robots!

Where do people get the idea that some natural disaster can somehow "destroy all the tech"? How is that any more likely than "comet plummets into Earth" or "Earth suddenly stops spinning"?
    It's entirely possible if an advanced nation-state wanted to. An Electromagnetic Pulse is viable, and will destroy pretty much anything that uses electricity and isn't in a Faraday Cage or specifically designed to resist EMP. You blow up enough Nukes at high altitude in the right places (or figure out a more efficient way of doing it), and you'll get another feudal age, easy.

If you want a non-artificial event, try Polar Reversal. In the event of polar reversal, the magnetic field loses much of it's strength. While this has never, apparently, caused a mass extinction it's very possible it'll fry much of the earth's electronic devices, especially if it coincides with a solar flare.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information