AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Signature/Avatar Policy Change?

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

Default Signature/Avatar Policy Change?

Okay I'm hope this doesn't sound rude, but lately I've notice that the moderator of Signature and Avatar forums on AG.net forum is editing out the images just about every post other than the artist.

I'm really just wondering was a new rule created?

Are we no longer allowed to quote the image whenever we are comment it?

Are we going to be punished if we continue quoting the images?

When was this new rule created?

If the rules has been changed, or created could you add to the sticky FAQ so we can all be aware?

[I'd normally just ask a mod but it seems my post aren't the only post being edited so I would like to bring this up >.< to the public forum ]
    Last edited by Jose; 11-18-2008 at 05:39 PM.

This title does nothing. Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay has a reputation beyond repute Khanxay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts 133 - Eevee 025 - Pikachu Dice
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-08-2010 03:23 PM
    Threads

2. BRANDWIDTH: Please be considerate with your posts. Don't post random images and don't quote images if not necessary. They are just annoying and they don't contribute to the current post.
    Well, that maybe be the reason. I guess quoting any image at all isn't needed seeing as you can easily refer to each post number. And it keeps the number of images on the page at a min.

lol at "Brandwidth". Should it not be "Bandwidth"?

Puzzle Piece; Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym has a reputation beyond repute Pseudonym's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2009 06:27 PM
    In a limousine trying to outrun the paparazzi. ;]
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Jose101 View Post
    When was this new rule created?
    Last edited by FlashD : 11-07-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Updated rule 2
    Found here:
    http://www.animeforum.com/showpost.p...24&postcount=1

Well, I hope that answers your question. I wasn't aware of it either.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    Well, that maybe be the reason. I guess quoting any image at all isn't needed seeing as you can easily refer to each post number. And it keeps the number of images on the page at a min.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashD

2. BRANDWIDTH: Please be considerate with your posts. Don't post random images and don't quote images if not necessary. They are just annoying and they don't contribute to the current post. When posting a big image (bigger than 640x480px) use the "Manage Attachments" feature under "Additional Options". This will help people with dial-up speeding up their browsing capabilities and will save brandwidth as well.
    The Images are necessary for the artist to be able to know which on the X signatures we are commenting.

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

The rule has been updated recently, because we, the mods of sigs&avas, thought that the quoting and reposting of images was getting out of hand.
    Members quote or repost the images way too often and quickly.
    We want -all- of AF members to be able to go to the signature & avatar forum, this means we have to keep the posted images to a minimum. Otherwise the loading of a page can take very long for people with little bandwidth, so those people will stop coming to signatures and avatars.

Basically it's all about being considerate towards fellow members, who perhaps don't have "as fast" an internet connection as you do.

And yes, if we see people quoting/reposting an image without it being necessary, we will edit out the signature in question.
    And yes, you will be reprimanded if you keep on quoting images, without it being really necessary.

Also here is a PM I have been sending to all members who I've seen quoting images without it being necesarry, which I forgot to send to you in this case, Jose101. My apologies for that.

Dear [member],

Please refrain from quoting (or reposting) images in the future. You can just refer to the image, without quoting the image. Just be considerate with your posts, because this will help people with dial-up speeding up their browsing capabilities and will save bandwidth as well. You can also read it, here, in the rules.

This is a kind request. If you keep on doing this in the future this will result in a warning and perhaps even an infraction. This goes not only for you, but for all your fellow Signature & Avatar posters.

Kind Regards,

Copyright 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Ice Cream Bamboo Cup Notebook
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2014 05:07 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Felsho

Just to add something to what UrusaiSevera already said. People quote the whole gazillion of images to reply with "I like the 3rd one, because ...". This is a huge waste of bandwidth. We don't have any issues if you quote an image that has been posted several posts before yours. But quoting images when the sig/ava is directly above your post (the post before) or you comment on only one image and you quote the whole post, then I get a huge headache and start deleting quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanxay View Post
    Typos are indeed my nightmare. x_x;; Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now. ^_^

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That's pretty much the answer I was expecting, I didn't receive the PM so I guess that's where my curiosity arose from. Thanks :3

Senior Member Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2013 12:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

People can just do this:

Right click the sig/image - Copy the image url - paste that url in your reply.
    Simple.
    Yey

Girl in the avatar is Rikka from Chuunibyou.

Closed Thread

Thread Information