AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: who likes the book twilight?

Ice Tea ninja wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny has a reputation beyond repute wowzabunny's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2010 05:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1234 5678 91011

Nope
    Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Wowzabunny

Senior Member MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity has a reputation beyond repute MysticEntity's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2012 06:00 PM
    Threads

It entertained me when I was bored. Although I do not recommend reading it a second time, for it does have many flaws, fatal ones at that. Inconsistency would be one if them, I just do not feel the flow in the words half the time.

I thought the plot had potential. But the lead characters, specifically Bella and Edward, lack depth in their personalities. For one thing, Edward is suppose to be mysterious, dark and elusive, however such perception is lost half way into the story. His emotions only seem complex, but if they were put to analyze, it is actually quite simple and somewhat shallow. The author may just have tried too hard to perfect the characters, her description of love is elaborated to a point where the feeling itself starts to behave like rules and principles. For me, feelings and actions derived from love are incomprehensible to a great extent.

I've said this several times already, but if anyone wants dark romance evolves around mythical creatures, The Immortal Instrument trilogy by Cassandra Clare would be a good one to pick. It's got great action AND very subtle romance.
    Last edited by MysticEntity; 11-19-2008 at 09:54 PM.

MoonLight & Vines [*Sig by my dear Sis Lissy*]

Member loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2008 04:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MysticEntity View Post
    It entertained me when I was bored. Although I do not recommend reading it a second time, for it does have many flaws, fatal ones at that. Inconsistency would be one if them, I just do not feel the flow in the words half the time.

I thought the plot had potential. But the lead characters, specifically Bella and Edward, lack depth in their personalities. For one thing, Edward is suppose to be mysterious, dark and elusive, however such perception is lost half way into the story. His emotions only seem complex, but if they were put to analyze, it is actually quite simple and somewhat shallow. The author may just have tried too hard to perfect the characters, her description of love is elaborated to a point where the feeling itself starts to behave like rules and principles. For me, feelings and actions derived from love are incomprehensible to a great extent.
    yh i totally agree with you. i think that the author tried to make edward TOO perfect. i mean seriously. NO GUYS ARE LIKE THAT. maybe in our dreams, but she made edward unrealistic. even shoujo love interests have potential. agree???
    Ritsuka X loveless92

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki Moon88 View Post
    hmm, vampire knight and loveless, great series . . .
    anyway, i am sick of my friends yapping about it.
    They are going crazy with the whole midnight premier of the movie,
    today during girl scouts (which, might i add, is where girls do NOT act girly in any way) they kept going on and on about it. when i tell them I haven't read it, they go crazy. personally, I don't need to read it. I understand it completely because of their rambling. Also, here is their opinion of the movie: OMG (we're in a chuch so the G is goodness ^^) I can't wait for the movie!! (que the screaming and jumping up and down)
    I want that poster! i'm so jealous of you!
    Something about Bella and she can't have someone's baby . . .
    I can't believe that they made Jacob hotter than Edward!
    I know right, i mean, until Jacob becomes a werewolf and stuff he shouldn't be hotter than Edward. Yea, he is supposed to have long hair until he turns werewolf, then he cuts his hair. Uh-huh, but then he begins to grow it out again by the end of the third book . . . *goes on for whole time* -this is what i had to deal with. Oh yea, if you're wondering, there were 3 people talking.
    I know what you mean. -___-;

I have two friends at school who go nuts over Edward and think that they chose a horrible actor for him because he is not hot enough. [Please punch them for this, thank you!] xP
    And they're all,
    "Oh... I want a guy like Edward."
    "The guy I like is exactly like Edward!"
    "omg, me too!"

[insert annoying fangirl squee]

Don't get me wrong... I love the books. But the popularity with the fangirls has gotten a little out of hand, not to mention annoying.

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

Uniquely Unique... FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2019 01:03 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I do not have one.

Wink

Hmm... What can I say about the infamous Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer? I guess I could say a lot.

I was a huge fan, obsessed for quite some time. I was the leader of some of the online groups, was the first to post information that everyone wanted to know about, was in the movie, and well... I was a fan that turned to the so-called, "dark side" after the last book. Lol

So I do know a lot about the book series, an awful lot! So, if anyone is looking for information about the books, merchandise, movie, actors, actresses, author, etcetera... I most likely know, and I am probably going to see the movie. Tomorrow most likely, but, since the filming was the way it was, I am very anxious to see what they did with it, and how it turned out in the end.

But you see, as I stated above, I was a huge, and obsessed fan of the series for a long while. And with something that has a fan-base of over five million, all over the world, it is kind of hard not to. Especially if the information, and various questions keep rising, by many different people, all around you, over, and over, and over, again. Lol It is a little much, and all of the fans are way to obsessive.

The fans of Twilight in the very beginning when it wasn't very popular were great! But, as it became more popular, like happens for most things, it became a little too much. I mean there is now a ton of things in this World that haven't been here before, due to the series. Even with the Political Views and what not. It, although interesting, and very much different (to some liking and distaste), is getting a little out of hand.

Hmm... Well, I would say more, but I am thinking I have posted more then anyone has so far, which is kind of ridiculous since I am not a huge fan of the series anymore. But, I just wanted to let everyone know some-what and partially my take on it, that I know a lot about it, in case anyone wanted to know anything, anything at all about it, and etcetera... So sorry, about the rambling and long read. xD I tend to do so a lot. Thank you for bearing with my though, you guys are great! Hehe ^____^

So yes, any questions, comments, etcetera, good or bad, all are welcomed. Thanks again. Lol Sayonara until next time. ^-^' =] =D :heart:
    Last edited by FaeryTaleAngel; 11-20-2008 at 01:49 PM.

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle

iProcrastinate. Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2010 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I wish T.T

I love the series. =)
    I am finishing up Breaking Dawn right now. I can't wait for tomorrow! The movie is out. Yay. xD
    I am a Team Jacob Member.

I mean, there are some pros and cons to the series. It probably isn't the best book I have read, but overall, I do like it. ^^
    Last edited by Yuuki Kurosu; 11-20-2008 at 04:43 PM.
    I Sig by Hakuchuumu<3 I

We're Waiting For You. :]

//15 Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery has a reputation beyond repute Fiery's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2009 05:50 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wowzabunny View Post
    Nope
    I like this response. It's to the point.

No, I don't like them. I think the lead girl is a terrible role model, can't solve problems for herself, and is an overall dimwit.

I read about the first five pages, and couldn't read anymore. The writing is pretty bad. I've read better fan fiction by 12 year old girls.

Some day, you'll dine on a solid snake.

Senior Member LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2010 01:30 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    I like this response. It's to the point.

No, I don't like them. I think the lead girl is a terrible role model, can't solve problems for herself, and is an overall dimwit.

I read about the first five pages, and couldn't read anymore. The writing is pretty bad. I've read better fan fiction by 12 year old girls.
    It really did have that fanfiction feel to it. And I agree about the role model thing.

Member Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star has a reputation beyond repute Ayako_Star's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2009 02:28 PM
    Threads

I love the twilight series, but before it got this popular. What I hate about some people right now is that they don't like the books because many others do. I'm not one of those *squee* fangirls who are nuts about the movie but haven't read the book, or nuts about the book because everyone else is.

Life is full of different suprises. Most you can't predict.

I made my sig and avi ^_^

Member loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92 has a reputation beyond repute loveless92's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2008 04:02 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Hello Baka View Post
    I'm reading it right now. I like it even though it is a bit girlie with all the romance stuff. I'm hoping there is some action.
    yh theres a bit of action but not enough. im a girl and i thought that it was to girly.
    Ritsuka X loveless92

Senior Member Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life has a reputation beyond repute Renegade of Life's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2008 05:16 PM
    Threads

To be completely honest here, I encountered a shelf displaying these books at Wal-Mart the other night.

I was suddenly faced with a sudden violent urge to set fire to the shelf, due to the way in which it is almost mocking the traditional depictions of vampires.

Now I am a fan of the very classic Vampires, much like Count Vlad the Impaler himself and those inspired by him. But when a series makes them into nothing more than gothic-obsessed and not even particularly bloodthirsty versions of normal people, and goes so far as to actually insult the traditional views of vampires, it makes me want to find this author and sink my fangs into their neck so they see how it feels.
    Last edited by Renegade of Life; 11-21-2008 at 12:30 AM.

Here at the place where our love reached it's climax, I leave behind a broken heart torn to pieces by fate.

Merry Christmas.

Senior Member shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13 has a reputation beyond repute shinjuuzumaki13's Avatar
    Gil
    Innocent
    Gifts 028 - Sandslash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2010 09:19 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

EVERYONE AND THEIR MOM LIKES IT!!!
    I don't have the slightest idea why they do. It's a book... READ IT AND THAT"S IT!! don't camp out to watch the movie
    F.Y.I I bet everyone's read better!
    If i see a kid at the movies with vampire fangs...i will go to prison...

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway \(^o^)/

Blood Moon Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami has a reputation beyond repute Yue Ookami's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2011 04:04 AM
    Threads

I like the book. But that was before everyone else started reading it. It makes me so angry because i got picked on for reading it, yet the next day, everyone in the school is reading it and obsessing over it and the characters. I have to go and see the movie 3 times because my friends can't get along and i am being forced to go. T-T It saddens me.

Senior Member Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius has a reputation beyond repute Orcius's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 07:25 PM
    Threads

i havent read it and everyone in my school is readin it. it just swept over my school like over night. im not going to say it stinks bcuz i havent read it but if i did read it i bet id like it. altho id prefer a lycian (lycan) over vampire any day.

plz click on my dragon.>>>>>>>

Senior Member LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl has a reputation beyond repute LittleGirl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2010 01:30 AM
    Threads

altho id prefer a lycian (lycan) over vampire any day.
    That makes me want to watch Underworld! XD Now there's a good vampire movie.

Uniquely Unique... FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Cool

Oooooooooh! Underworld! I <3 that movie! But I really <3 Van Helsing as well! ^___^ Kate Beckinsale and Hugh Jackman are amazing! ^-^' =] =D :heart:

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle

Junior Member kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds has a reputation beyond repute kisstheclouds's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2008 04:40 PM
    Threads

Hmm, well haven't read it. I've heard enough to know i wouldn't be a huge fan.

something about picturing Vampires sparkling, just doesn't seem too easy to grasp with me....hahah

the system is down iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute iGiraffe's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2009 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: lalala itsa secret

yeps. i actually like the series. it may not be the best of the best, but it was worth my time to read it.

but, the movie for it looks sorta corny, and my friends told me after they saw it that is was eh.

Member *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~* has a reputation beyond repute *~Anime Angel~*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2009 10:28 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 7154951034683337

I Tried to read it....but i was just lost the whole time!

Me ~Rose~, ~Akino Kiritani~, are going to see the movie momentarily

Senior Member jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives has a reputation beyond repute jtdlives's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-28-2010 06:38 PM
    Threads

I've read the whole series and I really enjoyed it. A lot of people at work read it and told me I would like it. The series started out a little slow, but the last 2 books were awesome I read the both in about 2 days. I just couldn't put them down. I really like the way she goes into deep charcter detail. I'm leary of the movie since most movies based on books that I've read usually suck.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

Did you guys know that Robert Pattinson, the actor who plays Edward in the movie, does not like the series itself? He has actually mocked it, and Edward's glorified prettiness, in interviews. Also he hates the fangirls, and was surprised when he got the role because he approached the character during auditions as more of a jerk than a perfect man because he didn't want the role that much to begin with.

And here I was, assuming that Pattinson must be a douche for going for that role. Clearly, I was wrong.
    Last edited by Ollie; 11-21-2008 at 07:41 PM.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wink

Yes, I did hear about that. Lol It is interesting how some things work out, is it not? The World of Twilight sure is a complex one when you drag reality into it, isn't it? I liked the whole series a lot, but it has just gotten a little too out of hand. I liked it, it was all right, but it isn't one of my favorites. Easy reads if I do say so myself.

^-^' =] =D :heart: <3

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

At first, yeah. After I tried to re-read the first book...it just..melted my brain, in a bad way. The other books are lacking in something the first one is...and the first one doesnt have much re-read appeal either. The books get much more bland ...like the cereal I had this morning. As the series progresses it goes downhill.
    Derp.

Senior Member mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby has a reputation beyond repute mississippibaby's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2009 04:00 PM
    Threads

i love the book i even love the series but the movie disappointed me i saw it yeserday it totally ruinded the books for me the best part of the whole movie was james he is very very sexy i was sad to see him killed. but back to the book when i read it there was something about the book that touched me i liked aspect to it no part of twilight was boring i could have read it over and over again it was that good to me. i even cried alittle just alittle i love books like that thats why its one of my favorites

Senior Member LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza has a reputation beyond repute LizaLiza's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2008 04:27 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SGI View Post
    I simply don't get the appeal of these books. They don't add anything to the vampire mythos that wasn't already established.
    This is the exact reason I haven't read the books. Maybe for the younger kiddies there might be a new twist on vampires that they've never heard of, but for people who know a lot about the mythology...it's nothing new.

I don't hate Twilight...but I don't like it, either. It just sounds...mediocre. The fangirls (or boys) that obsess over the characters is what irritates me. Fantard responsibly!!

I'm not sure if I want to see the movie... I might go along with my family just to get out of the house, but that's it.
    *Insert super-awesome signature here!*

Closed Thread

Thread Information