AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Personality disorders among the eva pilots#2

Member Sickness is an unknown quantity at this point Sickness's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2009 04:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Personality disorders among the eva pilots#2

Shinji, Rei, and Asuka represent the Ego, Superego and Id
    Rei and Asuka represent the Thanatos and Eros drives in Shinji's psyche, Shinji himself represents the Destrudo
    Shinji, Rei, and Asuka represent the Japanese gods Susanoo, Amaterasu, and Ama-no-Uzume
    Kaworu represents Tsukuyomi
    Shinji, Rei, and Asuka are respective archetypes of three personality disorders: avoidant (cluster C), schizoid (cluster A), and narcissistic (cluster B).
    Rei, Shinji, and Asuka represent the three categories of Despair according to Søren Kierkegaard
    Gendo, Shinji, and Rei represent the three parts of the Christian Trinity
    Shinji and Asuka represent Orient and Occident
    Ritsuko and Misato represent the Antagonism of intellect and emotion
    Ritsuko represents the industrialised and technocratic north, while Misato stands for the rural south
    Toji and Kensuke represent pacifism and militarism

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/...ers/id/1795603
    Last edited by Sickness; 06-18-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Banned Forum / Chat weiwei is infamous around these parts weiwei is infamous around these parts weiwei is infamous around these parts weiwei is infamous around these parts weiwei is infamous around these parts weiwei is infamous around these parts weiwei's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2008 05:30 AM
    Threads

Exclamation more

''There are more than 30 wow gold machines in busy stations while smaller stations have 5 or 6. In addition wow power leveling to the automatic system, we also have personnel serving wow power leveling at ticket outlets. Through wow power leveling this combination, the ticket-selling system can meet the wow power leveling demand of subway passengers in Beijing.''.weiwei1978123

Junior Member Xexyzl is on a distinguished road Xexyzl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2008 09:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Wii sucks

Asuka suffers from Thanataphobia and being Tsundere

Junior Member tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore is infamous around these parts tytiiiore's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2008 04:39 PM
    Threads

Smile Boss and I

Thanks! Bump!   When I take a long time, I am slow.   When my boss takes a long time, he is thorough.   When I don't do it, I am lazy.   When my boss doesn't do it, he is too busy.   When I do something without being told, I am trying to be smart.   When my boss does the same, that is initiative.   When I please my boss, I am ***-kissing.   When my boss pleases his boss, he is co-operating.   I do good, my boss never remembers.   When I do wrong, he never forgets. FFXI Gil,everquest plat,eq2 plat,eq2 gold,everquest platinum,

Junior Member megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt has a reputation beyond repute megplurttt's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2008 03:32 AM
    Threads

they all have their own fear of being left alone and always seeking for happiness..they fool themselves niether they didnt want accept the truth

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

Was Rei really afraid of being left alone, or just not understanding who she was, and why she had feelings toward her creator?
    I think I see that maybe in Shinji and Asuka (especially Asuka)But Rei always seemed from another world of thought process.
    Agreed, they definitely did want to fool themselves. Or at least repress memories.
    Last edited by Funkgun; 09-30-2008 at 03:49 AM.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Junior Member necropedal is on a distinguished road necropedal's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2008 08:21 AM
    Threads

I suppose in a way most of the characters suffer from nihilophobia, quite literally the fear of nothingness, which is prevalent in both Shinji & Asuka, they both long for some form of contact, but both for very different reasons.

The same is true for the emptiness felt by Gendo regarding his longing to be reconnected with Yui and I suppose in a way the same can be said for Professor Fyutsuki.

Ritsuko might suffer from a mild form of this given her actions in EoE.

Katsuragi uses here connection with people as a front to hide more closely guarded personal struggles, so in a way hers can also be identified as a form of nihilophobia.

Kaworu is probably the odd one out from this group, because he is open with his thoughts and emotions and not insular like everyone else in the show.

As for Ayanami, hers is an interesting case, both her first and third forms seem to be devoid of emotion, or for that matter any form of free will, but then you have Rei II who experiences what it is like to feel, her smile after the battle with Ramiel, and most notably her sacrificial act which ended the battle with Armisael are example of her feeling.
    How this all relates to nihilophobia is intriguing, simply because some say she has the properties of the quark in quantum Mechanics, for you see, she has a form of omnipresence.
    Quarks like some other particles are theorized to reverse the constant of causality in that they can they can experience an effect of an issue prior to the cause of the issue.
    Therefore Rei we first see in Episode one would have had to be Rei III because Rei II would have been recovering at NERV HQ, and most notably her eyes resemble the Sachiel Eyes and are very dark and emotionless.
    (HAVE A LOOK CLOSELY NEXT TIME YOU WATCH EPISODE 1.)
    Therefore being that in someway she is a progenitor, suffering from a fear of nothingness is not entirely within the scope of here reality, for her overall task is fundamentally a solitary one.
    Basically Omnipresence and nihilophobia are two contrasting elements.

Please tell me if my analysis of Ayanami was a bit confusing.
    Last edited by necropedal; 11-21-2008 at 05:17 AM.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
    Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heaven.

Satan - John Milton's Paradise Lost

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2015 12:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The question in my mind is what came first, the psychos or the psychobabble.

Senior Member honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17 has a reputation beyond repute honeysenpai17's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-02-2008 02:04 PM
    Threads

The Psychos because they had to learn the speaking and writing later

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-28-2015 12:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by honeysenpai17 View Post
    The Psychos because they had to learn the speaking and writing later
    Well in this case I meant did the writers actually think any of the above stuff when making the characters or is it all applied afterwards. One could break down intellectually the symbolism of pretty much anything regardless of whether there actually is any meaning present.

Closed Thread

Thread Information