AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Tales of Xerania

Senior Member *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2008 03:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default OOC: Tales of Xerania

I really have never used or seen one of these so I don't know what they are good for, but here's the OOC thread for Tales of Xerania guys.

NPC Info:

Warrior Guild Registration and Job Manager:
    Name: Genzo Renerd
    Sex: Male
    Weapon: two handed lance
    Appearence: He's buff, tall, and bald, wears lancer armor when in battle, which is rarely, normally wears a white longsleeve shirt with a brown leather vest over it anf black pants and boots.
    Personality: hard on new comers, but only because he only wants the best of the best in the guild. He is over all a nice guy and easy to get along with.
    Job: Registers people into the Warrior Guild and keeps track of jobs that are available and updates the bulletin board for the warrior guild.

Mage Guild Registration and Job Manager:
    Name: Maxi Foster
    Sex: female
    Weapon: fire magi gun staff (A staff that shoots out fire magic at it's point)
    Appearence: short and tiny frame, she has only a slight figure that can be seen in her mage dress, which is purple and goes down just to her knees. She has short blonde and pink eyes over which she had large circle framed glasses.
    Personality: A big ditz, she's so clumsy that she was given the job or reigistering ne people to the guild for fear of accidentally attacking allies in battle. She's nice enough to get along with but can be a bit over dramatic at times
    Job: Registers perople into the mage guild, and keeps up with jobs availabe at the mage guild and updates mage guild bulletin board.

Thief Guild Registration and Job Manager:
    Name: Connor McCannon
    Sex: male
    Weapon: twin baldes
    Appearence: tall and lean, with a handsome face, black hair with one green streak and bright green eyes. Wears a black leather shirt with sleeves that cut off at the shoulder and black pants and shoes. Also wears a black leather wrist band on each hand nad has a three ring black tattoo around his neck
    Personality: clam and centered, he is the only registration officer of all the guilds that does the same ammount of jobs he did before he bacame a registration officer. He is the center of unwanted attention with most of the ladies and normally doesn't mind company as long as they don't have hyper fan girl qualities.
    Job: registering new members of the thief guild and keeping up with jobs available and updating the thief guild bulletin board

Priest Guild Registration and Job Manager:
    Name: Ariela Vistreve
    Sex: female
    Weapon: poison and purification balls
    Appearence: average hieght and body shape, she has blue eyes and brown hair. She is always seen wearing the priest robes, which are white with grey and blue lining that goes down to the ankles, is long sleeve and has prayer bead belts on the waist, even when not on duty
    Personality: kind and caring, a very motherly figure she's very kind to new comers and trys to make sure that everyone around her is comforable.
    Job: registering new members of the priest guild and keeping up with jobs for the priest guild and updating the priest guild bulletin board.

Xeraniean Knights: (Xeraniean knights are informed of jobs by nameless squires who deliver a parchment with the job information on it normally, but for high up jobs Lord Alviston gives them the information in a briefing)

Name: Lord Alviston Shambers
    Sex: Male
    Weapon: one handed sword and shield
    Appearence: short and fat, has curly brown hair and blue eyes, wears whit robes with read over hangings with a golden lion stictched into them.
    Personality: he doesn't care for squires but knows how to pick them. He's snobby and pigheaded in the fact that he gives women knights and squires a hard time, he doesn't belive they should be knights, and that squires are all arrogant imbiciles. If he dislikes someone enough he will ocassionally abuse his powers over squires and get them removed from the knights.
    Job: One of the high counsilmen of Xerania, also one of the judges of squire entry exams

Bulletin Boards: (What jobs are available to what guilds and what other guilds does the job require)

Warrior:
    Title: Trade with City of the Dwarves
    Objective: Deliver the next payment for weapons to the City of Dwarves. Bring back a the shipment of weapons and a message from the Dwarves for the Guild Leaders of the Warrior and Thief Guilds safely.
    Requirements: At least two members of warrior guild, other guilds are allowed to join as long as the team isn't bigger than four people.
    Reward: 1500 gold for the whole team to split.
    Note from the Guild: If you guys mess up this trade we'll gut you! ...Good luck!

Mage:
    Title: Mage Stone Retrieval
    Obejective: A load of mystic stones was lost in an accident around Stormwind Peak. Go to the peak and search for the stones and bring them back to the guild safley.
    Requirements: At least one member of the mage guild and advised to have a member of the warriors guild and a member of the thief guild to accompany.
    Reward: 1150 gold for the team to spilt
    Note from the guild: There are lots of bandits so you may need a thief to steal something back and someone to provide some muscle, don't attempt this alone you guys! We need these stones for essential research, good luck.

Thief:
    Title: Bandit Raiders Raid
    Objective: Some bandits were able to break into the town library and mage library and steal some important books. We need a thief to steal them back!
    Requirements: One or two max thief mission, suggested solo mission for maximum efficency.
    Reward: What ever the libraries are willing to pay you and what ever you steal in the proccess of stealing the books.
    Note from the guild: Thief golden rule "If something is stolen then steal it back and stab the thief in the back!"

Priest: (Currently doing medical research, no jobs yet)

Xeraniean Knights:
    Title: Emisary for the Light Elves
    Objective: We need an emisary or two to travel to the City of the Light Elves and discuss a new tarde embargo system and update alliance and information with the race. Should be a safe trip with little to no conflicts on the way.
    Requirements: one knight and suggested one squire for visual aid and saftey precautions
    Rewards: honor, 500 gold reward for the knight and 250 gold reward for the squire
    Note from Lord Shambers: The squire's assisstance is NOT needed only suggested by that of Lord Chamberlen.

Rule Breaking Strikes:

(This area shows who has broken a rule and what the rule is, after three strikes you may no longer post in the RPG. I will put what you did wrong and in which post you did it by your name, as of right now no one has done anything wrong, although someone certainly is pushing it.)

*Shiori Tenka*:

Luzifer:

Paper♥:

Temperance:

Tsunami the Ice Wolf:

Shobu Shimizu:

kalintzfeliz:

seraphi demon:

Nespa:

Hollow Ichigo:

ai frostbite:

Gate Placement:

North: Rayne, Suzaku

East: Alala, Maria, Lelouch

South: Serenity, Fu

West: Grey, Sai, Marred (for when he returns)
    Last edited by *Shiori Tenka*; 12-14-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Signature and Avatar set by me. Taking requests.
    My Signature Area
    "If you have to choose the greater of two evils choose the one you haven't done." --- fortune cookie 10/29/08
    Jag lovar jag ska inte gråta.

Senior Member seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-11-2009 05:52 PM
    Threads

I'm back, umm...just a suggestion?
    I think we should create some magic chart to limit the use of highly destructive powers of the characters.

like, for fire element users they could use some low level fire magicks if they aren't mages.

here's an example:

Fire element:
    Level 1: Burn = generates enough heat to produce burning effects on target.
    Level 2: Incinerate = envelops target with fire.
    Level 3: Hellfire =area of effect, envelops targeted area with fire.
    Ultimate: *insert name desired* = *insert effect desired*

ultimates can only be used by mages, so would a level 3 spell. Limiting and defining what kind of magic one can and cannot use will greatly help prevent god-moding.

It's just a suggestion though. so what do think?

Oh, we could also do the same with elemental properties and weapon abilities and other stuff.
    Last edited by seraphic_demon; 11-17-2008 at 05:53 AM.
    Thine soul is mine for the keeping
    As a thousand rivers now dividing
    Provides me with that much needed killing!

Sig by: Jagan Eye

Weep as much as you want, and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul, for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved, like the gentle thrust of my sword.

Member kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2008 07:35 AM
    Threads

Hehe, you really dig this elemental thingy huh?
    It sounds good, but do we have to do calculations in battle?

Like, damage = strength x somethin'

------------------------------
    All the peace and tranquility...
    No more sorrow nor care,
    No more burdens to bear.
    Twill' last, for all eternity....
    ---->

Senior Member seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon has much to be proud of seraphic_demon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Probably, but i really don't think that's necessary. It's just for reference. I mean, we wouldn't want a rookie mage to just go hurling powerful spells and coming up with even more powerful ones at the beginning of the game.

Weep as much as you want, and feel the hands of despair groping for your soul, for nothing can ease the pain of losing your beloved, like the gentle thrust of my sword.

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

I really don't think its necessary. I'm pretty sure most people have an intuitive understanding of the level of magic they are capable of using and regulating it will just cause more annoyance than it is worth. Especially if we start having unilateral spell lists.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Member kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix has a reputation beyond repute kalintzfelix's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well for starters, everyone has light stepping and almost "unmatchable" speed. That for instance is very...VERY, in reality, unstoppable. You know what I mean?

Well this isn't reality so yeah, XD
    But I have another question, how do u know someone's level or capabilities?

No more sorrow nor care,
    No more burdens to bear.
    ---->

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

I assume, like in reality, you don't unless you have heard some sort of rumor about them.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Senior Member *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka* has a reputation beyond repute *Shiori Tenka*'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I agree with Luzifer on the magic chart subject, while it might be a good idea for another RPG, I think everyone knows the boundries of magic in this RPG and the same for skills.

And no you don't really know what a character is capable of unless you've seen them fight or heard a rumor or something of the like.

My Signature Area
    "If you have to choose the greater of two evils choose the one you haven't done." --- fortune cookie 10/29/08

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

well, it's okay, like i said, it's just a suggestion. ^^

oh, and another thing, how does a a character join a guild?

I mean, do we just create NPCs so we could join in or something like that?
    Last edited by seraphic_demon; 11-17-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

A frequently asked question:

How do you get in a guild?

and here's the answer:

You have to talk to the registration office, who is also the guy who will give you your jobs later on(an NPC) and he'll send you to a high up member of the guilds room (also an NPC for convienece sake) where they will interview you about your past, skills, and why you want to join the guild. After that you pretty much are accepted. (Since you control the NPC it's kind of hard not to be accepted)

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

You can add some spice to it, like the registration guy giving you an errand but you actually already passed.

And another question, if someone's level is determined by rumors and assumptions, will it be us who will make the rumors?

No more sorrow nor care,
    No more burdens to bear.
    ---->

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes you can.

Yes, but if a rumor is over done or makes any character too powerful I will give you a warning and make you redo it, after three warnings you're banned from the RPG.

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ok I need to clear things up, please define too powerful.
    >_>

No more sorrow nor care,
    No more burdens to bear.
    ---->

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Too powerful would be the closest, and most obvious, form of god-moding.

For example, you're rookie character engages on a fight scene with another character (not an NPC) and you managed to just dodge everything your opponent hurls at you or you just did everything not stated in your character sheet and managed to destroy entire cities with one blow.

like Sephiroth of FF7.
    Last edited by seraphic_demon; 11-18-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: refined

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Added some NPC's that will be entering shortly, bulletin board area, & rule breaking stirke area to the top post.

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ooops...sorry didn't see the colons. ^^

finally some real action soon.^^
    Last edited by seraphic_demon; 11-20-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: my bad

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

No I just have the list set up, when you do some thing wrong, what you did, and which post it was done it will be put by your name. Ha sorry for the confusion.

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

good thing we've got this thread, ooc's used to clog up and confuse rpg threads. ^^

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

**Announcment: Bulletin board updates! If you guys have ideas for jobs at the moments submit them to me through PM!

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sweet, jobs!! And, oh yeah. My sister said if we can get some sort of script w/ a dice. She said we can use it in many things, so that we don't always decide if we always dodge something and stuff.

Ex: Kalintz is about to get hit w/ something, he can't use his teleportation to evade it because he's really worn out. He uses his last surge of energy to evade.

Requirement to dodge incoming attack:
    Get a number more than 4

Something like that

No more sorrow nor care,
    No more burdens to bear.
    ---->

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This isn't world of warcraft or dungeon and dragons we don't have a roll dice option, in RPing it is your job to control your character's developement and skills, and decide what they can and can't dodge. Doing something like a that is tideous and time wasting, and there's no point in making the rpg that complicated.

My Signature Area

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

That's what I said to her, she's so hard core >_>

No more sorrow nor care,
    No more burdens to bear.
    ---->

Senior Member ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Shobu~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Haruhi Sos Dan
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-30-2016 11:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: momofaerie PSN ID: Kiwimilk Steam ID: kiwimilk

Yaaay! Bulletin board updates! This is getting rather exciting. ^_^ So you can go on the job if you just joined the guild right?

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Haha, if you want some hard core RP'ing try the BESM thread or just go to other sites hosting official RPGs. It's a good idea though, but rather too complicated for this RP.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Nah, the RP's fine as it is. It couldn't be better... ^_^
    And it's my sister's suggestion not mine. And another question, what are we going to do w/ the gold reward?
    Is there going to be like, a shop for things?

No more sorrow nor care,
    No more burdens to bear.
    ---->

Closed Thread

Thread Information