AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Help name this 80's anime with a silent start

Junior Member passingthrough will become famous soon enough passingthrough's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2008 12:04 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Help name this 80's anime with a silent start

This was a feature length anime availible on VHS/Betamax rental in the UK in 1985.

The film is set in a fairly shiny tech future and centres around a young boy growing up with his female robot companion.

As I remember it, the first half hour of the film has no dialogue at all, as the central character is a baby and does not speak, yet.

The female android was (I think) a golden colour with human face.

The female android could transform into a bag/backpack/briefcase.

Toward the end of the film, there is some sort of scene involving the female android being attached to the outside of a spaceship during entry/takeoff and being subjected to heat.

What is this anime?

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

I think it came out as like Phoenix 2772, and or Firebird 2772, or something like that.
    Apparently the original Japanese version was called
    Hi No Tori 2772, Ai no kosumozon (that is something I did not know till I looked up a clip online)

Anyhow, this might be what your looking for. Was made by the creator of Astro Boy, Osamu Tezuka.

Last edited by Funkgun; 11-03-2008 at 04:16 AM.
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Junior Member passingthrough will become famous soon enough passingthrough's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2008 12:04 PM
    Threads

That really is it! Firebird; excellent call!

Heh, many thanks.

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Cool, glad that was the one. Hope you can find it to see down the road
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty889 View Post
    GOOD Writing! I am annoying spam bot, I look like all other people here with silly nuances that make for no sense what-so-ever I usually ruin a good bit of discussion and I really need someone to click one of my many links and cause me a virus so that I will collapse under that f--king weight of it all. I do, hope that my site, and all it stands for goes under, and I find myself under a motorway with a card board cut out with the saying "will do anything for food" check it~~keep working!
    There, I fixed your statement.
    Last edited by Funkgun; 12-09-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Searching Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger has a reputation beyond repute Dragon Ranger's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2010 06:08 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Funkgun View Post
    I think it came out as like Phoenix 2772, and or Firebird 2772, or something like that.
    Apparently the original Japanese version was called
    Hi No Tori 2772, Ai no kosumozon (that is something I did not know till I looked up a clip online)

Anyhow, this might be what your looking for. Was made by the creator of Astro Boy, Osamu Tezuka.

awesome thanks for the links, I am gonna go look for this one

Closed Thread

Thread Information