AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Fast sig TUT for beginners and intermediats

3D Render Doyen Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san has a reputation beyond repute Keitaru-san's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2009 01:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Fast sig TUT for beginners and intermediats

hello everyone im gonna show you one of the easiest way of making sigs, if you don't have time or you don't have skills for making all cool background for it, this tutorial uses stock images, the more colourful it is the better the result.

Note: always ask permission before using stock for comercial uses, for training purposes its polite to ask the stock owner but its not really necessery, and since this is a trainning purpose you don't need permission(still this stock holder is my friend at da and he dont mind)(not to forget if use their stock always credit them)
    for this tutorial im gonna use Joker for stock (since eveyone got joker fever at the mo)
    tip: the bigger the image the better, you can always resize/crop it to a desired size*
    let use this image for our tut
    http://fc53.deviantart.com/images/la...ions_Joker.jpg (by Coyote on DeviantArt)
    this image is bit too small but it was the only good one i could find now.(sorry >_>)

1. first thing first lets crop it first so we know what we do.(always crop where is most emphesizing and looks good after applying effects. i cropped mine like this,

2. now once you cropped it, duplicate it which can be don by pressing CNTRL+J(make sure you leave the first cropped layer untouched for duplicating), once duplicated use smudge to smudge some key features like this,

leave some places untouched such as face nad/or eyes and mouth
    and set the layer to color dodge and 50% opacity.
    make another duplicate from your first originale cropped again, smudge this one but use different brush for smudging, then set the layer mode to screen and 75% opacity, mine looks like this now,

3. now its time to use some filters, duplicate the original cropped layer again, and go Filter>Brush Stroke>Spatter click ok then set the layer mode to screen and 50% opacity.
    now make another duplicate of the original(eachtime you duplicate make sure its positioned on top even if you have to click and drag it)choose the eraser tool and choose a good grunge brush and the opacity to 50%(opacity of eraser brush), now brush some part of the layer, then set the layer mode to darken and opacity 30%, i got this,

not much different though, but little by little it becomes good,
    now make a NEW layer by pressing CNTRL+SHIFT+N and ok, now go Image>Apply Image>OK, now you got all your image flattened and in new layer, now go to Filter>Texture>Patchwork ok, now dellete some part mainly around face, then set layer mode to Vivid light and opacity to 40%.
    now make another new layer and apply image, now go Filter>artistic>dark stroke> ok set layer mode to Linear light and opacity 40%, now i got this,

well now it looks bit just been highlighted we gonna fix that by adding a good texture, use this image to paste on our work

save this image then open it in photoshop than drag it on to your work on top of all layers, set the layer mode to vivid light with 35% opacity.

5. i hate this bit but i have to do it, we gonna ad a text but for this quickie sig im just gonna show you one of the easiest best usual way of adding you tag on it, choose a good fonti usualy settle down for a simple courier new font, now type your name, the turn it around (90 degrees) so its read top to down, like this,

now set th opacity to 60% now use the shapes and draw two line on from buttom to top and one from top to buttom like this,

now go to Filter>Blur>Motion Blur> set the angle to 90 degre(vertical) and distance 90 then ok now set the opacity to 57%.
    ok we are almost done, now press CNTRL+SHIFT+E this will flatten all your layer into single layer, now go to Image>Adjustment>CUrve play around untill you get the desired effect(this stepp is not neccesserily vital)

and you done, here is my final result,

my stepps arent absolute you can make as many layers with different effects and detail, the more you spend time the better the result, this is just a quick guide.

and please comment and post your result here to see how this tutorial helped you, and if you stuck somewhere don't hesitate to ask .

P.S please don't rip this, this tutorial is strictly for animeforum website, thanks.
    Last edited by FlashD; 11-05-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    i am daron devil I Defy heaven and hell.

check this out to play a cool game
    http://keitaru-san.mybrute.com
    it is sweet

http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...20#post1994520
    you like what you see? then contact me cuz i am taking request 1 AT TIME!

Closed Thread

Thread Information