AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Marginal Prince - Kimi e, Oyasumi

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Marginal Prince - Kimi e, Oyasumi

Translating song lyrics is clearly a more productive way of spending my time than sleeping. Anyway, this is a pretty simple one and didn't give me much trouble, but I thought I'd post it here anyway just in case there are mistakes I haven't caught. It is rather late at night, after all.

初めて逢った頃には すべてが輝いて
    いつでも隣で君が 微笑んでくれてた
    眠れない夜は つぶやいてみるんだ 愛しさをこめて 君の名を
    今夜もきっと夢で逢えるよ
    だから君もそっとおやすみ
    この唄が届くように 遠い君のもとへ

hajimete atta koro ni wa subete ga kagayaite
    itsudemo tonari de kimi ga hohoende kurete'ta
    nemurenai yoru wa tsubuyaite miru n'da itoshisa o komete kimi no na o
    kon'ya mo kitto yume de aeru yo
    dakara kimi mo sotto oyasumi
    kono uta ga todoku you ni tooi kimi no moto e

The first time we met, everything was shining
    You were always at my side, smiling
    On sleepless nights I try whispering your name, filling it with my love
    Surely I'll meet you in dreams again tonight
    So I softly say "goodnight" to you too
    May this song reach the far-away place where you are

愛だけを信じていた 汚れなき二人は
    幾つもの時代(とき)を越えて 永遠となるだろう
    君と僕は今 こんなに遠いけど 神様は見放しはしない
    大切な愛はいつもここにあると
    そうさ 知っているから
    この唄が届くように 遠い君のもとへ

ai dake o shinjite ita yogorenaki futari wa
    ikutsumo no toki o koete eien to naru no darou
    kimi to boku wa ima konna ni tooi kedo kami-sama wa mihanashi wa shinai
    taisetsu na ai wa itsumo koko ni aru to
    sou sa shitte iru kara

The two of us who are pure and believe only in love
    Could have crossed over countless generations and become eternal
    Even though you and I are so far apart now, God hasn't given up on us
    Because I know* that our precious love
    Yes, will always be here

忘れないでいて 愛するということがこんなにも大事だってこと
    今夜もきっと夢で逢えるよ
    だから君もそっとおやすみ
    この唄が届くように 遠い君のもとへ
    遠い君のもとへ

wasurenaide ite aisuru to iu koto ga konna ni mo daiji da tte koto
    kon'ya mo kitto yume de aeru yo
    dakara kimi mo sotto oyasumi
    tooi kimi no moto e

Don't forget how important this thing called love is
    Surely I'll meet you in dreams again tonight
    So I softly say "goodnight" to you too
    The far-away place where you are

* Not sure whether it's God or the singer who's the subject here.
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 11-02-2008 at 12:38 PM.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

* - The singer is the subject, I can't really explain it here but that's my gut feeling. It's something to do with the next sentence.

I feel the translation's adequate enough. I do see a few things but it's only about the style and I really don't want to force it on you, but if you still want to know them just tell me.

...so that you know where you can find me

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

I'd still like to hear your stylistic stuff, if you don't mind. I know the translation's not as smooth as it could be in places.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Please take these with just a pinch of salt because it's only style corrections as I mentioned.

1) >On sleepeless nights I try whispering your name, filling it with my love
    I could just mention only the spelling mistake, because I applaud how you rearranged the sentence - yet if it was me I'd keep the structure because I'm such a dramatic translator.
    On sleepless nights I'd softly utter, with all my love, your name

2) >Believing only in love, the two of us who are stainless
    >May be able to cross over countless times and become eternal
    "Stainless" is more of a physical state of being than spiritual; let's just take the simple negative-reversal, or if you still want to be literal, a better description.
    The sentencing for the second line is a bit off; "times" looks more of a counter than a noun - and considering the kanji used, it would be "generations" if your principle with figuratives means that you would base the translation from the kanji.
    All in all, the meaning for 'darou' changes from "may" to "would've (by now)" because of 'to naru' signifying as so; you must also relate to what comes next because the singer even assures without doubt that God hadn't forsaken their bonds.
    The two of us, (pure/sinless) and had solely believed in (our) love
    Would have gone through countless generations and became eternal

Use "generations" especially if the series believes in reincarnation and stuff like that.

3) >Don't forget how important this thing called love is
    I know 'koto' is there for that, but for a love song, this phrase is too casual;
    (Please) don't forget, that "to love" needs to be kept so precious to you
    I probably made that more complicated than before, but don't forget the stress 'konna ni mo' gave to the line.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 11-01-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: fixed numbering, removed the space escape code... sigh, double spacing is for that dramatic effect but I can't display em...

...so that you know where you can find me

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Thanks!

1. Whoops, I don't know how I missed that typo. I think I'd rather keep the line rearranged, though -- yours is more dramatic and puts more emphasis on the "your name" part, but I prefer my translations to sound more natural.

2. I knew "stainless" wasn't the right word, but I couldn't think of a better one. Your suggestion is overall a lot better than the way I had it originally, so thanks (again).

3. Hmm, I like your suggestion for the most part, but using "to love" as a noun seems too awkward. I can't figure out what I could use instead though.

Closed Thread

Thread Information