AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Live!

Senior Member -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2009 07:47 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Live!

So yeah, i wasnt totally sure on where to put this (Misc or the music forum place), but anyways:

Topic -> Have you been to any concerts/or seen any performers live? If you have,who and what did you think of them?

I've been to a few. I've seen:

Kanye West - Awesome performer! His show is probably the best I've seen. He came here in February and headlined a festival here called "Good Vibrations" which goes for like 10hrs with heaps of different performers from different genres.

Linkin Park - They were heaps good. we had a pretty bad seat *we bought tix real late* but the atmosphere in the arena was crazy! it was like 20,000 seats, and everyone there was feeling them.

Lupe Fiasco - My 2nd favorite show. Loved it. it had a real "underground" type feel to it

Talib Kweli/Scribe - They did a show together. it was ok. Talib Kweli owned the stage, but Scribe just stood there. He had no stage energy at all.

I've seen Arj Barker (Comedian) and Chris Rock aswell. Both shows had me "laugh-crying"

Some up-coming shows im going to:

Snoop Dogg (tomorrow night. not really a big fan of that "gangsta" rap, but it should be good i guess )

Kanye West/Nas/Scribe - Glow in the Dark tour (December.Can't.Freakin.Wait.)

- "Yoroshi QUEEEEEEN!!-

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

I never been to any concerts, but yes, I've seen performers in live.

I saw Twins, they are two young girls from Hong Kong. I don't really like them...I don't like young girl artists, because they just act like little girls to become famous. But I was there at the anime fair, happened to have them on stage singing anime theme songs. That was my first time seeing artists in person.

Senior Member Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie has a reputation beyond repute Ollie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-03-2010 01:32 AM
    Threads

I've only been to a handful of concerts, all of which were fun (except for some stupid, godawful "hardcore" music that was so drastically boring that I went for a walk outside and got some Quizno's while waiting for my friend).

However, the one that stands out amongst them all was Muse. They put on a FANTASTIC show, and Matt Bellamy's on-stage antics are great.

Sadly, the only time Tool performed near where I live was a bit farther than I was willing to drive, not to mention expensive. Same with Radiohead.
    This post has been approved by Dancing Alec™

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

I've seen quite a few bands live...

Rob Zombie, Fear Factory, Monster Magnet - Rob Zombie put on a energenic show and I was up front, 3 people back just about center stage. I was literally lifted up off the ground and lost a shoe and at one point my glasses. Luckily I found both before things got too out of hand but it was sick. I don't like monster magnet and apparently noone else did as my friend got a chant going (can't really post it here heh) that pissed off the singer and he stopped the show to address it. Everyone was glad when they left.

Pantera, Soulfly, Nothingface - Was an amazing show and the civic center was packed. The pantera pit was insane and even though i'm a big guy me and my friend both had to step out at one point and we chugged 2 bottled waters cause we were shot.

ICP - Love em or hate em the ICP live show was epic. Lights, props and gallons of faygo being sprayed everywhere was hilarious and fun. Having so many people being so passionate about a band in one place chanting lyrics made it a great show.

Metallica S&M - My first and so far only Metallica concert was at Madison Square Garden when they played with the symphony. It was cool because me and my band at the time all went together. We were 30? rows back directly behind the band. It was a open setup so everyone got to see. The music was great and i love the S&M album so the whole night was amazing.

Gene Ween - The singer for one of my favorite bands I saw him down in the city last year and it was my first time seeing any form of Ween live. It was at Gramercy Theater which is a nice little venue. Gene came out and did some acoustic stuff then the rest of the band (minus Dean) came and jammed out. I spent most of the night with my cellphone camera in hand taking video and put it on my Youtube.

The Pogues - 2? years ago on St. Patricks day in NYC. The show was one of the most amazing even if I don't remember some towards the end. Me and my friends took the train down drinking the whole way. Got into the city pretty twisted and drank in a bar or 2 then went to get in line for the show. Got inside and kept drinking a bit. i don't remember the opening band too well but they were good. The pogues come out and Shanes in a wheelchair and still rocked the show so hard, I finally came to realize how awesome the pogues could be. Sadfully toward the last 30min of the show I leaned up against a wall and fell asleep apparently. I think I messed up my ankle that night walking around like a silly drunk. Best St. Patricks day ever.

I've got a few more but those are some of my favorite ones.

SES Member Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie has a reputation beyond repute Haoie's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-16-2017 05:34 AM
    Threads

I went to a James Schofield concert just last week.

Jazz.
    If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Yup this goes in the music section.

I went to the Big Day Out a few years ago. Saw the likes of Faker, Franz Ferdinand, White Stripes, Living End, Disturbed and a few others, basically the ones playing the blue and orange stages. They were all pretty good except the White Stripes, they played last and were absolutely horrible. The best would have to be Franz Ferdinand, the crowd was really into them.

I've also seen Nine Inch Nails twice, they do a good live show, although the light work is sometimes intense.

I won't mention DJ's, they're not really 'live'
    Last edited by OminousCloud; 10-30-2008 at 04:49 AM.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I saw Aaron Carter and Jesse McCartney.. Back in the day..

I don't even like either of them now... But I did when I was a kid ~_~
    I almost saw the Sickpuppies perform. But I wasn't able to go..

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

I took my mom to see the Backstreet Boys when they came in February for her birthday.

And I've seen Orange Range, ALI Project, Flow, Uverworld, the brilliant green, Sunset Swish, and access live. ^^
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

~Temptress Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena has a reputation beyond repute Elena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-09-2009 10:52 AM
    Threads

I was in London last week for the Fall Out Boy gig in Wemberley Arena

Probably the only concert I've been to thats worth mentioning

Accio Brains - Ron Weasley

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    Threads

I've seen +44 with The Sounds
    and
    Angels & Airwaves with You Me at Six.

Hopefully I'm seeing New Found Glory and McFly soon :3 Not together though ><

I loved going to +44 and AVA, it was amazing to see my idols up on stage. The people all over my walls actually in front of me :3 Insane. Also, it's surprising how much more you notice their accents in RL.

BuLmA's Neighbor DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM has a reputation beyond repute DaSOCOM's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2009 11:43 PM
    Threads

My concerts in order of my life:

Staind - Bayfest 2006 in Hawaii - Great show, never liked Staind's music until after that concert. The crowd got a little crazy so me and this french girl had to bust our way out. Crazy night, fond memories.

Lacuna Coil/Shadows Fall/Stone Sour - Jagermeister Music Tour 2007, San Antonio, Texas - Awesome show, was on leave from Iraq at the time and got to see my favorite band (LC) play with my best friend and his girlie. Met all the members of the band and had a rockin' time. Also got my concert T signed by LC.

Breaking Benjamin/3 Days Grace - November 2007 near Austin, Tx - Both bands put on a great show and I met some interesting people, but the crowd as a whole wasn't into it save for the first 3 rows.

Ra - Feb 08 in Hawaii - Not many people know of this band but I've liked their music for a few years. Thought they were disbanded until I heard they were coming to Oahu. Actually saw them twice, won tickets to a free private showing off the radio and also at Pipeline Cafe. Met all the band members, but they don't "Party like rockstars." Wimps.

3 Doors Down - Bayfest 2008 in Hawaii - WOW!! Took my girlfriend at the time to the show, what a blast!! It was really cool since my g/f is totally NOT rock and roll, it was great to see her jumping up and down in front of me and throwing metal out. The biggest problem was these drunk girls behind us screaming "Take off your shirt," like the singer could actually hear them. Still a fun concert.

That's about it, not much, eh?

Peace,
    DaSOCOM

New Bro : Anime Master
    Cute lil' sis: zyronet
    My son: kingdomhearts_tom (boy do I feel old now...)
    cool sister: ~*midnight_serenity*~
    wikked (as in wikkedly awesome) sis: ~*Lady_Kikyou*~
    long-lost brother: lordrellik8
    Da Cousin: Kawairashii hikari
    Smarter Older Sister: Capernicus
    Cute Widdle Daughter: Kitsune~girl
    The Neighbor:BuLmA`
    Death Princess on hold due to life.

Senior Member LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy has a reputation beyond repute LadyAmy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-16-2008 07:31 AM
    Threads

MUSE - was just amaizing, really good quality live.
    Apocalyptica - one word.. AWESOME!

^^

~> C'mon to my darkside, i have cupcakes x'D <~

My "family":

~>Tsuki Moon88 (sister)
    ~> AnimePrince (brother)
    ~> Mandy-Chan (sister)

Senior Member -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|- has a reputation beyond repute -|[Frank]|-'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2009 07:47 PM
    Threads

i went to the Snoop/Ice Cube/Bone Thugz show here on Halloween (last night). it was pretty good,waaay better than i thought it was gonna be. They really know how to work the crowd, they got everyone going crazy.

Bone Thugz weren't too good. half of the arena was still empty when they came out, and they were pretty much just noise for 45mins lol

Ice Cube owned the stage. by the time he came out, the arena was almost completely full. They got the screens, smoke and lights working for his hour and a bit out. still not a fan, but it was still fun lol

Snoop was awesome. Real crowd worker. And he did heaps of songs from his first album which was cool coz i dont really like his recent stuff, although he did all his popular songs too.

Franz Ferdinand are doing a show here soon i think? i wouldnt mind seeing them actually. and Disturbed were here recently too, but i didnt have money to go to it

- "Yoroshi QUEEEEEEN!!-

iProcrastinate. Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu has a reputation beyond repute Yuuki Kurosu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2010 06:26 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I wish T.T

Yep! I have seen:

Aiden: Agora Theater in Cleveland, Ohio.
    BACK-ON: Anime USA 2007 in Alrington, Virginia.
    Nickel Back: Blossom Music Center in Cleveland, Ohio.

I believe that is it. ^^
    A lot of other bands preformed before Aiden, but I can't remember their names. One was " My American Heart " though, only one I do remember.
    I Sig by Hakuchuumu<3 I

We're Waiting For You. :]

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAmy View Post
    Apocalyptica - one word.. AWESOME!

^^
    I am so jealous..... I'd love to see them live.

Closed Thread

Thread Information