AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Yugure: On a GFX Spree

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Aquarius Four Leaf Clover
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 01:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Yugure: On a GFX Spree

So, welcome to my thread of signatures and avatars. I've had a few in the past, but, you know, life happens and they all eventually faded into darkness. I'm not gonna say all this stuff about how I'm gonna keep this one up forever, unlike the last because there's a pretty good chance that I won't. I'll update often, but I don't promise anything as far as longevity.

So I'm a nice little GIMP user who likes to tinker around with pictures. Here are some of my older works that I'm still kind of proud of.

A request I fulfilled for a member that I've not seen since I created this.

A set I made for dEmn a long time ago. (The beloved Thornwillow extracted the render used.)

Some more stuff I created just for the heck of it when I started experimenting a few months ago.

The following sigs use extractions cut by the amazing Serated. His extractions are amazing. Perfection.

Feel free to comment. I also really enjoy getting requests. Or, you know, you don't even have to give me requests, really. Just give me suggestions. Like "oh, you could do an inuyasha sig with these colors and try to make it look like this" or something to that effect. I would really appreciate it. It helps me to improve and it gives me something to do. When I start running out of ideas: that's usually when my graphics threads disappear; so suggestions, comments, and requests would be adored forever.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 10-26-2008 at 11:42 PM.
    Check out my wordpress blog:
    KamiYugure's Digital Notebooks

Wife of a Ghost BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX is a name known to all BurningBlazeX's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2008 12:05 AM
    Threads

Those are some amazing pieces of work right there.

The four at the bottom look absolutely stunning and the effect with the bottom one ive come to really love!

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Yugure's Goddess View Post
    The following sigs use extractions cut by the amazing Serated. Her extractions are perfection.
    Serated is a male...

Well, you really need to work on blending and that's all I can really say.
    It really looks like that you spent more of your effort trying to make the background then slapped on the extract onto the signature.
    Try doing something about making the extract part of the signature rather a sticker onto a background.

Jose does not forgive! Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose has a reputation beyond repute Jose's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2011 08:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: PMMEFORTHIS

GIMP user you say?

Yay, about time. Since Jagan left gimp for Photoshop I haven't had anyone to talk to about GIMP.

Here's some feedback.

First Set: I can't really see any of the details on the extraction try burning with the "dodge/burn" tool at a low opacity. The text is slightly huge, but it helps reduce the negative space. I love the background. Try adding some clipping mask for a little something extra.

Second Set: Too much red imo almost looks like was forced, doesn't look bad, but you should try adding different colors or a gradient map or two. (they are done by selecting a gradient with the blend tool, the going to color --> Map --> Gradient Map) lowering the opacity on the light effect would help.

Third Set: Pretty I like, try more effect or brushes XP

The rest: LOL, Serated is a male o___________________________o; you showed great improvement here. I'll comment them in detail later. You and I should do a GIMP Collaboration and just dazzle people.

Ninja Jesus Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess has a reputation beyond repute Yugure's Goddess's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I usually get the blending comment. I just... I understand, but in a lot of instances it works and I like it, but I just don't always like it when I have a person in a sig that has skin the same color as the bg. It looks nice in some instances, but a lot of the time, I prefer the natural skin tones in my graphics. Girl with green skin can kind of weird me out. Then with the black and white one, I wanted her to stand out against the monochrome. usually when I choose not to blend, it's a conscious decision because I don't always like how it looks. Besides I like the focal to stand out, and have a little contrast to the rest of the sig. Though I have been doing that kind of blending (with gradients) a little more lately. *points to current set* (At least I think I did some gradients on that one, though I made sure her hair and eye color still stood out.)

Awww.... Serated is looking into this thread. I feel bad, now. I'm fixing my mistake, don't worry.

@ Jose101 - Cha! Why not?!

Thanks for the advice.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 10-26-2008 at 11:52 PM.

Promised Protector Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance has a reputation beyond repute Balance's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Gurren Kamina Glasses Cow
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Well, I usually get the blending comment. I just... I understand, but in a lot of instances it works and I like it, but I just don't always like it when I have a person in a sig that has skin the same color as the bg. It looks nice in some instances, but a lot of the time, I prefer the natural skin tones in my graphics. Girl with green skin can kind of weird me out. Then with the black and white one, I wanted her to stand out against the monochrome. usually when I choose not to blend, it's a conscious decision because I don't always like how it looks. Besides I like the focal to stand out, and have a little contrast to the rest of the sig. Though I have been doing that kind of blending (with gradients) a little more lately. *points to current set* (At least I think I did some gradients on that one, though I made sure her hair and eye color still stood out.)

Awww.... Serated is looking into this thread. I feel bad, now. I'm fixing my mistake, don't worry.

@ Jose101 - Cha! Why not?!

Thanks for the advice.

love
    dani
    dude
    That doesn't necessarily mean changing the entire color of the person.
    There are also ways to make certain parts of the focus stand out too.
    You've just got to learn.
    Trust me, we don't try to make the person turn blue on purpose.
    Not everyone does that either.

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I understand that. I just like keeping the colors how they are a lot of the time. Like I said, I've been doing blending a little more lately, and I have kind of figured out how to make look good in most cases, but I just like the normal colors of most stocks. I usually try to make the background colors match the stock and/or render's colors.

To everyone who has commented: Thank you. Getting feedback like this should make it much easier to continue this topic. This is the biggest and best response I've ever gotten for a thread like this. I mean there was like 4 of you poppin' in like as soon as this went up, and you had a lot of useful things to say. I hated, in the past, getting nothing but like a "good job" a rating and then they would like evaporate. I'd never get any advice, or requests, or anything. It's kind of a downer. But this is great! Thanks everyone.

I will use your comments to improve, even if I do sound conceited in saying I don't like doing a lot of blending. Really, thanks. I will take your comments into consideration for future creations.

Will post more later.

love
    dani
    dude

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So here's the icky thing I entered into that blood sig contest. I haven't created anything since so, yeah... here.

C-n-C *cries* tell me why I didn't win! T_T j/k, but seriously say what you think.

love
    dani
    dude

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen you post in forever. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm BLOODyOrCHIDZ735/Tha Veile Ladie.
    Weren't you buddies with Masali and Sagat on the forum as I recall?
    Anyways, I don't think you won, because your text looks off-centered in that bubble.
    I think this is an awesome improvement from your older work, and I love the grungy brushes you applied in the sig(especially the one by the image).

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

hrm. I remember the username but not much more, unfortunately. About Masali and Sagat, well... I don't really think that they've ever really considered me a buddy, but I am a big fan of both of them. I tend to support about 90% of whatever they say.

anyway, update. Adding 3 sets and some lone sigs! I was disconnected from the internet for a while and got bored so I just started making stuff from some really nice stocks I had saved.

::

With this last one I couldn't decide which one I liked best. I made a bunch just messing with colors. I used this tutorial by Jagan. I just didn't do the text thing because it wasn't agreeing with me. And then of course I messed with the colors. I also used another render extracted by the amazing serated. Thank you to both of these amazing graphicing peoples!

c-n-c! You must!

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 11-29-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    Threads

On the purply swirly set, maybe you could crop the sig just a little bit? The space on the left seems very empty.
    I really like the avy with the boots...

(May I hazard a guess that you are fond of purple?)
    I really like all of your stuff!

Siggy by me!

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

First of all... yes. I love purple. It's mah favorite color. And thank you for the comment. I'll try to think of something to add to that space. Maybe a clipping mask could make it a little more interesting or some spots of off colors? Like I did the blood sig. I'll play with it.

Oh, and this is kind of random, but I don't mind letting other people use my graphics. Most of these, except for about... the first two sets, I can change the text for others. I may or may not use all of these so anyone is free to use these if they want. Just say the word.

love
    dani
    dude

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Purple is so awesome.

Nice sigs young Yugure, you have improved a lot. I like what you did with the last sig, just not the huge border. Was that part of the tut? *too lazy to look* I always think borders only look good with they're one pixel. Anyway, it looks great! <3

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus View Post
    Purple is so awesome.
    YES! WIN! <33333333

Nice sigs young Yugure, you have improved a lot. I like what you did with the last sig, just not the huge border. Was that part of the tut? *too lazy to look* I always think borders only look good with they're one pixel. Anyway, it looks great! <3
    eh. I'm not a huge fan of borders bigger than 1 pixel, either, but it was kind of in the tutorial. Hers wasn't THAT big but that's the border jagan used for hers so I was like "what the heck, why not?"

Alright, so here. I played around with that sig a bit and came out with two things that I kind of liked. I didn't really want to clip it more so, yeah.

I tried to do a clipping mask over a layer with different brushes and played around with the colors and all that but the clipping masks just weren't doing it for me so I decided against it. Anyway, tell me what you like and don't like. Give advice, etc.

I kind of like this first one, but then I remembered that I have filmstrip brushes that I've never used. Can you believe that? Now that first one seems bland in comparison to:

You guys got any advice on what to change, add, throw out, etc.?

love
    dani
    dude

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here's something I made, as an attempt for a gift for a friend of mine. I think it's kind of gross but I need some one else's opinion and advice.

Should I just start over? And if so, please tell me what I should do. I really don't like it but that's just because I've been fighting with it for about an hour. I really wanted it to look cool, sleek, and as not girly as possible, and I... don't think I pulled it off. I really need help with this one.

love
    dani
    dude

Moderator/Chat Admin Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy has a reputation beyond repute Missy's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Moon Crescent Wand Batteries 007 - Squirtle
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-16-2014 04:10 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leyzee PSN ID: Leyzors Steam ID: Leyzee

I like this one with the film strip. Even though it kinda looks too overblended, theres a nice calming feel to it, and thats dandy in my book. Maybe a few darkened overlays at 50% opacity with a simple fluff brush here and there could touch it up and bring it out more. The bunny on the right kinda looks creepy o_o; It wants to eat me...

Signature brought to you by Balance.

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It isn't MUCH different but I took your advice.

Thanks for dropping in, by the way. I, personally, really love the bunny!

love
    dani
    dude

~RT~bLacKr0se22~ yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23 has a reputation beyond repute yeng23's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2009 08:39 PM
    Threads

`wow i like your sigs..
    `in the 1st batch i like the 4th and the 5th..
    `and in the second batch i like the 2nd and 3rd sigs..^^
    `i also like the last sig..
    `nice..
    `keep it up..^^

~RT~ic34m3^_^o~

Watashi kanashii onna no ko desu kajibunkatte na onna no ko desu ka
    watashi oroka na onna no ko desu ka
    SIG BY ME^^

+.+.かわいいロクサーヌ+.+.

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the reply, yeng.

Here I took another crack at my gift set for my friend and I really like how this one came out.

I did have help from this tutorial for the boxxy sig effect, though. The rest of the sig was my own creation.

C&C

NOTE: both of this graphics have black text in the transparent areas, so, if you're using a darker forum skin, you may want to switch it to a lighter one, if you wish to see the text.

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 12-14-2008 at 12:35 PM.

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

o_____o Wow. I really like the boxy effect. I'm so jealous. Can you make me a sig oh sensei? xD Something lezzy plz.

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why, I'd love to, dear Cappy! Here, if you want it you can have it. I really like how everything came out. However, I do apologize. It came out kinda... er... REALLY girly. I hope you don't mind. O_o Oh and I went ahead and made you an avatar, though it isn't as awesome as the sig.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/5...ravatarpj2.png

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/3...lowerhsek7.png

This is something that I made as a birthday gift for .beat. nyah.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/3343/dudetxtgw5.png

c-n-c would be loved!

love
    dani
    dude
    Last edited by Yugure's Goddess; 12-21-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

=D Me likey! I know it's girly, but these happy panties are pretty girly too. xD

Copyright © 2013 FS FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD has a reputation beyond repute FlashD's Avatar
    Gil
    Lonely
    Gifts Fuuko Starfish Ice Cream Bamboo Cup
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-19-2023 07:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

*kicks*
    Open up.

Gil
    Angry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Here is my new Eureka set. As stated in my signature, Unleh is responsible for the extraction of Eureka, herself. Thank you, by the way, Unleh, if you happen to visit this little humble topic of mine!

C-n-C please!

love
    dani
    dude

Senior Member Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel has a reputation beyond repute Nariel's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2010 05:28 PM
    Threads

Nice. I like the boxes. The colors are really pretty too. =)

Siggy by me!

Closed Thread

Thread Information