AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rebuild of Evangelion

Junior Member Phoenixphire55 is on a distinguished road Phoenixphire55's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-23-2008 10:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Wink Rebuild of Evangelion

Ok, so I'd like to take this first post of mine to introduce myself. I didn't see a specific area where people introduce themselves on here so I'm just doing it now. I have been very into anime since I saw Spirited Away when it came out, and I've been hooked ever since. My favorite anime are probably Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, several Miyazaki movies, and I recently discovered Rahxephon but the animation kind of bugs me. Anyway I have a question and I know you people are the ones to ask:

How can I get Rebuild of Evangelion? I only learned about it recently. If I'm correct RoE is like a remastering of the Evangelion series with some kind of CGI added to the original animation. Is it the whole series or just a movie? Either way I'm dying to see it. Ever watch Evangelion stoned? Cuz I've seen the entire series in that state and it changed my life, lol!

But seriously, I think Evangelion is absolutely amazing. When I watched the last episode I felt like a friend of mine had moved away, and then when I watched End of Evangelion I felt like my friend had died. :-p I think Asuka is one of the coolest anime characters I've ever seen, and the concept of the show is amazing. I watched some Rahxephon and Escaflowne after seeing Evangelion and I couldn't get into either of them cuz I compared them to Evangelion. ok I should stop ranting. Anyway, if someone can give me info on RoE I'd think you were really cool.

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

Hey Phoenix, the intro page's here And you've got good taste in anime :P.
    Hmm Evangelion is an amazing series, one of my top 5 actually. O_O I had no idea that they did a rebuild, but if you need the info its right here, on Wiki Hope that helps...
    Derp.

phantomatic - - jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL has a reputation beyond repute jnLL's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2009 12:22 PM
    Threads

i've already seen the Evangelion 1.0. it's the first of the 4-part movie. the second one will be released next year. it was just an adaptation of episodes 1 to 6, much like the anime. it's got better animations as far as i could remember.

inactive ;

Junior Member vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008 has much to be proud of vincent2008's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2008 07:03 AM
    Threads

Default Mecha and Apocalyptic Anime & Manga

Otaku Center offers the fastest growing online community for Anime & Manga fans. Discuss and watch all the Anime series and movies you like. It would be more fun.
    ==================================================
    Vincent
    Our mission is to provide high quality end to end solutions to the BPO segment in a manner that will improve the operational efficiency while reducing the cost of the services to the client.
    [email protected]

Junior Member Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw has a reputation beyond repute Lenw's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2009 01:19 AM
    Threads

Rebuild of Evangelion feels more like a new anime, besides the re-design of characters and the use of CGI, the story got some changes, Toji doesn't loses his arm and leg when EVA 01 destroys EVA 03 & EVA 05 is actually deployed but I have no idea on who the pilot is, I'll leave some screenshots I took so you can see the big difference.
    Unit 05

Ramiel now change's appearence between attack and defend mode

Rei

Ramiel new attack form

Rei new smile

Unit used for simulation and practice

*click to see real size*
    Last edited by Lenw; 11-06-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Senior Member doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536 has a brilliant future doomboy536's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-19-2009 07:28 AM
    Threads

I have to say, this certainly does look awesome. I'm a massive Evangelion fan so this seems a must see for me. Unit 05 looks badass

Senior Member Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun has a reputation beyond repute Funkgun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-05-2014 01:55 AM
    Threads

This may be one of the VERY few times a retell of a story might actually match or succeed the original. I know this is overt praise for so little of it to have come out so far, but after the initial success in Japan of the first movie, and positive reviews I have seen so far (from avid fans I might add) it gives me hope that it will be as good as I imagine.

Thanks for the screen caps
    Sure Wish I had a little dvd player on my forklift at work... no, wait, that would be dangerous.

Blathering Blatherskite Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer has a reputation beyond repute Beezer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-16-2009 05:51 PM
    Threads

Yea the first movie was done pretty well. I like it and for people not totally familiar with Evangelion it'll be a nice watch. I'm just disappointed about the time in between movies, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

Looks absolutely incredible, and I would definitely buy it. New scenes, redesigned angels and what not?? And the fourth movie being a totally new ending? Out friggin standing.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I watched it and didn't see anything worth repurchasing the same story over, but then again it was a pretty horrible quality video. Maybe if they get around to actually making it different in some tangible way in the sequels.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I tracked down the only theatre that was showing it in my prefecture and went to see it by my lonesome self. It was an amazing movie. I never though I'd see the day when I would think Ramiel looked sexy. And Utada Hikaru's "Beautiful World" fit the story perfectly.

Judging by the way it ended, though, the sequel is probably going to be radically different from the original series.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

Resident Japanese Girl
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi has a reputation beyond repute suzumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Datenshi View Post
    I tracked down the only theatre that was showing it in my prefecture and went to see it by my lonesome self. It was an amazing movie. I never though I'd see the day when I would think Ramiel looked sexy. And Utada Hikaru's "Beautiful World" fit the story perfectly.

Judging by the way it ended, though, the sequel is probably going to be radically different from the original series.
    I went to watch it on it's opening day. ^^

I bought the DVD. I loved it!! And yes, Ramiel was extremely sexy. But then, Ramiel has always been my favorite Shito (besides Kaworu). ^^;
    ELPHABA LIVES!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information