AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Samurai Cat Maid? Iono, Misc for sure.

Pro-Vert Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-23-2010 05:03 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Samurai Cat Maid? Iono, Misc for sure.

Some C&C would be welcome of course. The text is kinda a work in progress, so was just ghosted on atm, lol. The pic itself is by Kokonobi as far as I can tell. (That's the name on the bottom of the scan, along with some japanese and 2007 as a date.) It's also limited in the fact that it's cut off on the sides, but the pic itself is huge. So I was able to use it in this way without problems. (hell she's full size there and still takes up all that room, lol.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	kokonobi_wall_project.png‎
Views:	92
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	22545  
    Last edited by Deadling; 10-22-2008 at 06:19 AM.
    Lollipop girl used in my Ava was cut by MaruDashi.
    Feel free to check out my Extracts

Pro-Vert Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling has a reputation beyond repute Deadling's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Just moved around a few of the shapes. And added a 3rd bar behind her. I figure 3 is a good number, it tis to me anyways, lol. I also decided the ghosted text works fine, but I added abit to it to ghost it more, and still keep it noticable.

EDIT: just added it in jpeg instead. realized it was kinda large as a png.

Name:	kokonobi_wall_project_v2.jpg‎
Views:	63
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	22551  
    Last edited by Deadling; 10-24-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: spelling error

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Retooled the glow on the objects themself. As well as brightened it up and adding a matching pattern to the background. I would also like to note that there are no gradients used whatsoever, in this or any of these versions, lol. :P

Name:	kokonobi_wall_project_v4.jpg‎
Views:	56
Size:	377.9 KB
ID:	22715  

Senior Member Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2008 10:36 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Hmm.. I'm not an expert of closeup style.. but as far as i can comment is about the background.. which is kinda childish line doodle? err sorry if that is to harsh.. but if u want to do kinda abstract style background I think u need a lot more detail than that..

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Hmmm. Well "childish" could be used, lol. They are solid shapes, down to being a solid color originally, and having perfectly straight edges. I mean hell, I personally think she looks good against just my base background. (a purple and black clouded thing, lol) I mainly added the shapes in an attempt to frame her a little. I think the 3 lines that are behind her, achieve this. At least to me, they seem to give a feeling like she's locked into that position with those lines. But the shapes on the left seem outta place to me now. So I am workin on that, just figurin out what is all, lol.

And dont worry about being harsh if you think you are, and this goes to anyone. So long as you're not being downright rude about it, I did kinda ask for criticism, lol.

On a side note, the background looks kinda neat w/o her in it actually. I think anyways, lol.

Senior Member Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista has a reputation beyond repute Animousflavista's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Are you using photoshop? If yes you can try to make background b playing around with many brush you can google out there. Its how I start my wallpaper work anyway. And to improve your skill I suggest you try to follow the background style as same as other wallpaper you admire. Try various brush to archive it. The background is best if it can convey the character feelings.

Hope you can accept my suggestion to improve your wallpaper making skills.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Been working on a new revised background to it. The old background to it actually looks ok by itself. And as if it should have text on the 3 lines, which I may use it for later. I do like both, but would like to know y'all think.

Name:	kokonobi_wall_project_v7.jpg‎
Views:	45
Size:	523.1 KB
ID:	22775   Click image for larger version

Name:	kokonobi_wall_project_v8.jpg‎
Views:	54
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	22776  

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

As I said before the background is best if it can convey the character feelings. What you are doing now is just take whatever background you like and put on to the character background! For the latest version.. can you tell me what is the purpose of that swirly thingy in contrast with the character?

Look at the character, feels what is the character thinking, doing or anything related to the character and show it in your background. I'm not expert at abstract background but to me the background you do just not convey anything at all..

If I were you what I'll do is take a scenery picture (real picture) on the net that I think match her, and try to do some filter or vector. Then try to add some lighting or filter that will match her with the background.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

To be perfectly honest, the one I even care for the most would be the 2nd one, or v8 if you check their names. And I'm not just grabbing random bg's and throwing them behind her. The colors I use for almost everything I do stem from the character themself. The "swirl" though is an illusion. The simple point of the void is to draw attention to her face. She also has a very soft expression to her face, hence the coloring and light are soft in color. And though I do admit she may look good with a natural bg, it's just not my thing. I really am the type to build from the ground up, lol. Like in this, the brushes were used in a certain pattern. There's nothing random about the bg behind her. And the colors are taken from her eyes, her clothes, hair, her overall appearance. But yea, realistic just aint me. :P

Don't try to look so wise nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2009 03:51 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Deadling View Post
    Retooled the glow on the objects themself. As well as brightened it up and adding a matching pattern to the background. I would also like to note that there are no gradients used whatsoever, in this or any of these versions, lol. :P
    triple posting isn't allowed .. but who am i to say that ^^ , anyways it's overall pretty good but I dont think the background lines or what ever they are fit very well in this..

Avatar, Signature, and many wallpapers to come made by me!

sankunchansamasenpai Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken has a reputation beyond repute Hautalken's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2013 12:25 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Animousflavista View Post
    As I said before the background is best if it can convey the character feelings. What you are doing now is just take whatever background you like and put on to the character background!

You're so right there, Animous.
    But the thing with abstract backgrounds is that most of them have mixed colors. They're not just stuck with blues or reds. There's always a nice mix of colors.
    Check out the wallpapers by Salar at animewallpapers.com. All I've ever seen that guy do is abstract, and boy is he good!!

Either lower the size of your extract or increase the size of your wallpaper. You really need it right now...

Collab with Unli~ Isn't he awesome??

deviantART | Tumblr | IntuitionGFX | iGFX on dA

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I really just love blues and purples to be honest. I wanted the background to have a somewhat soothing feel. Not really a vibrant one. I have seen alot of Salar's as well, which are usually vibrantly done. And yes they are very good. They also seem to usually have words attached to them, and convey some message. I don't always want to add words so much to what I'm doing. I work untill I find it pleasing to my eyes, lol. There is a problem to downsizing the extract as well. Just below the wallpaper, she becomes and amputee. Same goes for below and beyond her hair there. I cant even host the extract with my others because it's so gigantic also. It is a shame that she's cut off like she is too, because it's only a small amount, but enough to be a pain to blend or cover.

I might try making bigger walls though. At least for gigantic extractions like this. That's a seriously not bad idea, lol. I do have the capability to do so, but for most online games I play, it makes them tiny as hell, lol. So realy I just need to get over the laziness to change my screen size...

Closed Thread

Thread Information