AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: My First Attempt (be Gentle) Mahoromatic

Junior Member patience patience's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-22-2003 09:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Please tell me if this is any good? And what do I need to do? BTW this is from mohoromatic 1st season, final ep after the battle.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2004 02:43 PM
    Threads

The content is great, placement works perfectly. The text is also good; glowing like the moon and looks like it's flying through the air.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but almost the entire image is very 'chunky' with artefacts (always there if you take screencaps of fansubs and such). Try using the blur/blur more filters in photoshop or, alternatively, the smudge tool if you only want parts to be smooth.

If you have some experience in graphics, try making your own background with your own moon (or a photo/clipart of one) to make it a sharper image.

Keep working at it, play with tools and filters, and have fun .

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

there are a lot of wonderful elements in this wallpaper. for one, the moon background is really nice. the moon doesnt look very round, though, and looks a big ovalish or long. Also, the flying people effect is nice, but maybe try to find a larger image of them flying. The text is great, but at it's current location it will be hidden by the task bar that most windows users have on the bottom of their desktop. Try moving it up a bit, or on the top of the wallpaper even, so that the text can be seen. oooh, another thing!! Did you try adding little stars or sparkles? might be nice!

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thank you so much for the touching replies. I thought I was going to for eaten alive for some reason.

All the images are from screen caps hence the "chunky" look. I guess I will have to play around a bit more. Thanks for the ideas, I will come back when I am satisfied with my next edit.

Again thanks for making me feel welcome. ^^

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

we wouldnt be too cruel to a wallpaper newbie, so no worries. ^-^

Why don't you check out the resource thread! There are links to image galleries that have large, good quality images. May be able to find some good pics there. ^-^

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Senior Member ownerizer ownerizer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2004 11:53 PM
    Threads

Well, it's a good first try. A word from the wise: keep your file sizes small on your wallpapers, if you just want to show us, shoot for something below 100k. People like me, on a dial-up connection, took 2 mins to load your wallpaper.
    "You should buy some weird japanese car that gets like 100 miles a gallon and its fuled by like leaves or something" -Bednar
    "They're all sexy cars." - default
    "Hey Kid! Ima computa! Stop all tha downloadin!"

Myself Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex has a reputation beyond repute Regex's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2008 12:30 PM
    Threads

Harder to notice mistakes when it's smaller, too. =P

Animepedia.com -- Part of the Anime Globe network.
    Come share your wealth of anime knowledge with the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Jack of Blades~ View Post
    Because evaporation is a ninja ...so you can't see it =o
    You know it's true.

You leave a glass of water, turn your back and WH-WH-WH-WH-WHAM! You've got 5 shurikens in your back.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Gomen ^^; I will Remembe that in the future.

Member Gestahr is an unknown quantity at this point Gestahr's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2005 09:28 PM
    Threads

with
    http://www.gestahr.com --> gestahr.com ffxi weblog

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2004 08:46 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

The image quality is way too low; it looks like you used a screenshot or something... either way, it's very grainy and pixelated; so much that I can't tell what that flying deelee in the corner is (what is it? :P)...

you need to use higher quality images to produce a higher quality wallpaper.

Lord of the Netherworld _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked has much to be proud of _hades the wicked's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2005 02:28 PM
    Threads

We have here a really nice idea with poor skill...
    Well, like Pooky said, the moon looks kinda squashed, as if it was shrinked to fit the image... Never shrink only horizontal/vertical, for an image will look squashed.
    Also, the flying people look too dark there, you could try with different pics. The text in the bottom should be moved away from there, and the face in the moon is unneeded in my opinion. Try experimenting with colors, like changing hues and saturations to get the colors you want and the likes, and play around with pictures to see one that suits and to make 'em look better too.
    Again, it's a very cool idea :)

Closed Thread

Thread Information