AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Ouran High School Host Club : English Dubbed

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-06-2013 02:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

Default Ouran High School Host Club : English Dubbed

Ok, well Funimation has relased the first two episodes of Ouran in englisn on it's site.

What do you guys think of the voice cast they chose?

I personally think Vic Mignogna who does the voice of Tamaki...really does not fit the part...I mean it's not a horrible choice but not the best either.

Haruhi's voice I think is cute and matches her.

Kyoya, I did not like at all.

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Junior Member Ayporos is on a distinguished road Ayporos's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2008 02:50 AM
    Threads

Dunno, I prefer to stay away from english Dubbs.

When I 'started' watching anime I began with the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya which I watched with the english dubb (but I downloaded a dual-audio version) and I thought that was pretty good, but mostly all the animes ive seen after that have been in japanese with engl subs (preferably fansubs) with the odd exception of ranma 1/2 which I couldn't seem to find a nice japanese audio torrent for. Imo anime is something you simply have to watch in japanese or it loses a lot of its appeal. But ofc. that's simply how I feel about the matter. I loved Ouran highschool hostclub in japanese, it was a good funny animation. The only real dislike I had for it when watching however was that the twins also sort of fell in love with haruhi, which imo didn't have to be.

chérir-- kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi has a reputation beyond repute kaori_tenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-21-2009 12:11 PM
    Threads

It was alright. I think Vic Mignogna was a pretty well fitted choice for Tamaki. I really couldn't think of another voice actor doing a better job than he did.

Haruhi's was actually pretty nice. It didn't sound too girly which is a good thing in this case.

Hunny's voice was just cute ^^. I really think they did a good job, but yeah >_> Kyoya's was too deep I thought. It made me cringe whenever he'd speak.

A very beautiful set made by KP ^_^.I love you so much!
    Thank you Lawlietth <3 I love it

im in a great dream Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari has a reputation beyond repute Kawairashii hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2010 11:24 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: *thinks* idk

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Grace View Post

I personally think Vic Mignogna who does the voice of Tamaki...really does not fit the part...I mean it's not a horrible choice but not the best either.
    That's exactly what I thought when I heard it. I was like, "OMG is that really going to be Tama chan's voice?"
    I stopped watching the clip after that, that part alone was weird enough for me. I mean I'm American, but just to hear those English voices for them instead of their original voices made me, like, I 'unno... kinda sick. lulz.
    LOVE YA: HEG <33 PON, KIBUM <3

"Oh oh oh oh Oppareul saranghae. Ah ah ah ah manhi manhihae." - Girls Generstion "Oh"

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The voices were terrible. The voices for Angel Cop were more effeminate. The voice for Honey was good though.

Still somehow better than the J. dub..

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-24-2013 02:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

The dub is gonna ruin it. I've heard the voice actors' voices before and they SO do not fit the part.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad has a reputation beyond repute Sister Nightroad's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-23-2009 03:50 PM
    Trust me...You don't even want to know >:3
    Threads

The voices...Didn't fit very well lol

Personally, I think the subbed versions are much better. I was watching the first episode, and I heard Tamaki's voice and just stopped it lol. I fast forwarded and got to the Twins' voices and was like "Ah!! No way!!" I closed it down, and went to watch the japanese version to reassure myself that it would be okay lol.

I'm not saying the voices are super bad (actually I am) enough to not buy the dubbed version. I think, if I watch it more in the dubbed version, I will be able to like it tons more....Maybe...
    Last edited by Sister Nightroad; 12-12-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Saying of the Week: "Whoa, it's been upgraded to stank. Just last week it was only stink. Stonk can't be far away!"

Junior Member angel_in_disguise_07 is on a distinguished road angel_in_disguise_07's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2008 07:52 PM
    im originally from Philippines, but moved to UK
    Threads

hahaha...i did the same thing, i thought that it would be really great as i dont have to read subtitle...but when i herd them speak, it sounded awful!it didnt sound right at all! but that's just my opinion though....xXx

Junior Member Chiloves1 is on a distinguished road Chiloves1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-04-2009 07:36 PM
    Threads

I don't want to open new or old wounds, so I'll try not to put up a big fuss of why I dislike the English Dub of Ouran High School Host Club.

I don't like it. It's not the worst dub I've ever heard since I've heard far worse when it came to other anime I used to watch in the last 10+ years but it had so much potential but I think Funimation seriously had me in a choke hold.

Vic as Tamaki is horrible, sorry Vic fans as I like Vic as much as you do but I told you so, he kinda wrecked Tamaki for all. He made him sound gay? and we all know Tamaki isn't the least gay. Also Catlin Glass as director could had done so much with the series but I can't understand how you can mistake Chon for Chan??

The songs make me cry. For one both Catlin and Vic sing and I wish they were singing the theme and ending song, it just didn't sound right that or maybe both songs should had been left in Japanese with English subtitles on the bottom. I'm just going to pretend that I never heard it.

Haruhi sounds like a man with no personality. I realize that maybe this was to give the character a more masculine touch but seriously it didn't have to sound so...awful. >_< This actually makes my ears bleed. I will say that I like some of the voice actors such as Mori's and Kyouya's isn't bad but Hunny's and even Hikaru and Karou just don't sound anything as I would had liked.

This is one series I just really, really love but will get the boxset anyway since I do appreciate hearing the bloopers, that's another good thing I suppose. It's still a series better heard in Japanese in my opinion.

Junior Member geekguy is on a distinguished road geekguy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 09:20 AM
    Threads

I disagree. I had to get used to Haruhi's deadpan delivery, but I managed.

I think the voices worked fine for the characters. Nobody's voice bothered me other than dealing with the above-mentioned "deadpan"

I think it was just a case of "this is not what we're used to so we don't like it."

Personally, when I'm reading subs, the voices fade into the background and I can't really hear them as individuals, so I don't really have a preference for subs over dubs.
    " 'Imagination Cake' was written on the mystical door!"

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Tamaki: His voice was okay. Vic Mignogna didn't exactly match but it was okay. I pretty much agree with Morning Grace on this one.

Kyouya: I think his was perfect.

Honey: His was okay. I wish it was a teensy bit more squeaky, but it's cute all the same.

Twins: I like Greg Ayres as Kauru. I thought he was awesome. I'm not very sure about Todd Haberkorn as Hikaur, though. I think it'd be funny if they had the same voice. ;3

Mori: Meh. He doesn't really talk, anyway. xD

Haruhi: Her voice was okay. I wasn't too thrilled about it. I'm glad it was a voice that could be recognized as a boy's. Duh.

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

Closed Thread

Thread Information