AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Going to an anime convention and nervous

Junior Member BloomingSarcasm is a glorious beacon of light BloomingSarcasm is a glorious beacon of light BloomingSarcasm is a glorious beacon of light BloomingSarcasm is a glorious beacon of light BloomingSarcasm is a glorious beacon of light BloomingSarcasm's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-16-2008 11:09 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Going to an anime convention and nervous

I want to make my own Marth costume with the help of my grandmother. I would really appreciate tips for costume making ^^

I am going to SugoiCon Halloween weekend with my friends. I'm really nervous >.> If my costume turns out, I will be a nervous wreck because I'd probably be REALLY popular. I'm REALLY timid and I don't like getting my picture taken Dx that's bad if you're going to an anime convention.

I am also afraid that it will be a convention where a lot of people aren't in cosplay, and I would stand out. (my friend's brother and his friends are going as Akatsuki members though xD)

So please tell me about anime conventions and your past experiences. I don't want to be this nervous Dx

http://www.sugoicon.org/current/news.php
    Last edited by BloomingSarcasm; 08-05-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I haven't gone to one,but from the footage my friend gave me it is riveting.Everyone was happy.Just stay level minded and have fun.Don't think too much about things.

Senior Member Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2009 01:42 PM
    Threads

I've been to a small one in my town the last 2 years, and a lot more people than I excepted were in cosplay. And there's no need to worry. Most likely everyone there has the same interests as you, so it'll be easy to talk to others. Hehe. To be honest, I didn't cosplay when I went to Jafax, and I felt like I stood out more than those who cosplayed. LOL
    けんわかつのひと。

師ヲ出ダシテ未ダ捷タズ、身先ズ死ス。

Senior Member CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay! has a reputation beyond repute CroSsplay!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-12-2009 12:51 AM
    Threads

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, the thing about cosplay is that you donít do it for other peoples sake you do it for your own. There for you will have fun.

i went to a normal peoples convention is cosplay (I went with my friends as the 3 main ELITE BEAT AGENTS) and only the nerdest knew who we where (we carried dots with numbers on them it was fantastic fun). But we had fun and thatís all that matters!

Moral of the story, DO IT and dont be Afraid

disgeae order of awsomeness
    Laharl > Mao > Adell

AF's Cannibal (Forum Admin-ium) The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel has a reputation beyond repute The Rebel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Ice Cream Kawaiislice Bleach Zangetsu
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2014 12:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dude! LOL I suffer anxiety attacks when in crowds by myself. I attended Sakuracon with about 14,000 other people, and lost my friend who went along to keep me from freaking out. I managed 5 hours by myself without a single attack, where he got mad and started freaking out. The whole idea of cosplaying is to NOT be yourself. Just remember, you're not the only one who's going for the first time, or is nervous. And you'd be surprised just how easy the picture thing is when you forget you are you, and remember you are someone else. If that makes any sense. Just remember, everyone there is there for the anime, it's all about anime. So go, cut loose, and have fun.
    If ya want more details about my first convention, check my bloggy thingy here at AF.

Playstation Network ID: animerebel

Junior Member DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox has a reputation beyond repute DokiBox's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-22-2008 05:33 PM
    Threads

xD I don't think there are cons where people don't cosplay. And if you stick out, it'll be good actually.
    Besides, no need to be nervous! Cons are fun!!
    "Be careful, god is watching."
    ♥♥♥

Junior Member kimura_94 is on a distinguished road kimura_94's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-28-2008 02:40 PM
    a place where it gets really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter
    Threads

When I went to the Kakkoi con about 1 year ago I was freaking out because i was cosplaying as Yuki from vampire Knight.It'd only been like 15 minutes before i was ambushed by strangers obssesed with anime when everybody kept glomping me and hugging me out of nowhere thats when had a really bad panic attack.I think it took me about 2 years before i cosplayed again without the help of a paper bag to breathe.
    Bye for now
    -kimura-

Junior Member Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano is a splendid one to behold Ginji Armano's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2008 07:39 AM
    Threads

Don't be nervous, you'll be alright. You might feel a little awkward at first, but you'll get used to everyone looking at you later on. Its quite fun to take photos, actually. Just look out for those fangirls. Hope you'll have fun at your event! All the best!

When the night falls, i'll be waiting.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these; "It could have been" ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Manekineko Cancer Luna
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2013 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXoTrinityoXx

Wink

hi!!!!!!
    uhhhhh
    everyone at my anime club says i look just like tifa...
    but i act more like yuffie if you ask me....
    ^.^
    so i am going to cosplay the game version of tifa lockheart.....
    but.....
    i need some tips on how i should create her costume.....
    should i do shorts or a skirt??????
    i only have black boots too
    T.T
    and i ahve the same shirt but the arm stuff confuses me...
    T>T
    tell me if you have any tips or ideas!!!!
    thank you sooooo much!!!
    =^.^=

Tis not male! drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney has a reputation beyond repute drm0ney's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2009 01:26 PM
    I live happily in a house with my family. (6 animals)
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sashikizu View Post
    I've been to a small one in my town the last 2 years, and a lot more people than I excepted were in cosplay. And there's no need to worry. Most likely everyone there has the same interests as you, so it'll be easy to talk to others. Hehe. To be honest, I didn't cosplay when I went to Jafax, and I felt like I stood out more than those who cosplayed. LOL
    So true. If your not in cosplay you feel weird.

My first con was Sakura Con '08, huge! But everyone was really nice and cool. You shouldn't be worried about going! Cosplay is alot of fun!
    And most people will ask if they can take your picture, so if you don't want them to, say you don't feel comfortable with it.

Edit:Where you might feel a little weird is walking around outside of con in cosplay. XD was so cool walking to the hotel and dinner in full out cosplay. SO many odd looks. (i was in a bright orange straightjacket!)

Quote Originally Posted by ai_frostbite View Post
    hi!!!!!!
    uhhhhh
    everyone at my anime club says i look just like tifa...
    but i act more like yuffie if you ask me....
    ^.^
    so i am going to cosplay the game version of tifa lockheart.....
    but.....
    i need some tips on how i should create her costume.....
    should i do shorts or a skirt??????
    i only have black boots too
    T.T
    and i ahve the same shirt but the arm stuff confuses me...
    T>T
    tell me if you have any tips or ideas!!!!
    thank you sooooo much!!!
    =^.^=
    Tip, start a thread for help.
    Last edited by drm0ney; 09-24-2008 at 11:59 AM.
    Only fools accept the obvious and go no farther.
    Common sense isn't so common anymore.
    "I'll follow you everywhere you go in my oh-so-inconspicuous bright red car and convince myself you don't notice."
    4// Itchy. Tasty.

Junior Member warptolevel7 is on a distinguished road warptolevel7's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-10-2008 03:10 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ginji Armano View Post
    Don't be nervous, you'll be alright.
    Everybody else are dressing up as well!
    warptolevel7.com - a free online streaming anime site with over 16,000+ episodes and 670 series!

Closed Thread

Thread Information