AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 154 of 186 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4635

Thread: RPG: Magic Mixer

~Kya!~ animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-28-2015 12:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Her arms remained tight about Carlos, now and then glancing at the cat on her shoulder as she flew. Her wings would only beat now and then as the winds helped move them along.

After hardly a few minutes of flying she’d spot a smaller bird to the right of them, a squinting of her eyes confirming it was the same pygmy falcon from when they had left the zoo.

She’d eye it as before, its black marble eyes flicking in a blink before it would drift up and back out of sight. Frowning some her attention came to Carlos, nodding as he had somehow found out where Anthony was

“Ah? Marsupial house…got it.”

She’d tilt then proceeding to turn when she’d see a flash from the corner of her eye. Pausing Oeno glanced up, the pygmy falcon above them, seeing it for only a second before it blurred and dived for them at an unnatural speed.

Too slow to react Oeno would let out a startled cry as the small yet strangely powerful bird clipped its talons at her arm, it’s body following and knocking Carlos out of her grasp, sending the small animal plummeting down.

The Pygmy Falcon would snap its beak at her hand before it tilted and glided away. Oeno then looked down in horror as the figure of Carlos grew smaller and smaller the faster he fell.

Stuffing the cat down the front of her uniform for its own safety she’d tuck her legs up and dive after Carlos, picking up speed that had her eyes watering and the wind stinging her cheeks. Her arms were outstretched, reaching as her wings pulled back into points, helping her to slice through the air, coming closer to Carlos.
    Last edited by animereality; 07-09-2009 at 09:06 AM.
    Kiii!~

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2010 09:18 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"Oneo, don't worry. I'm in the right position to grab something."

Carlos shifted into his human form and grabbed a support rod on the marsupial house. Climbing onto it, he took out the scoped Garand, loaded an 8-round magazine in it, took aim and tore the bird's head off with a round. Satisfied with his kill, Carlos said...

"...and there, ladies and gentlemen, is my dinner for today."

Jumping into the house itself, Carlos spotted Anthony and smirked as he handed the M3 with 5 clips to him.

"Thirty rounds per clip...Five clips...One extra loaded in the gun already. Use them wisely. I will have to be careful with the Garand. This is a rifle meant specifically for sniping and holds a clip with eight rounds. When the clip is empty, the gun makes a loud clang which would be a dead giveaway to my location so I will need to move to a new location quickly. Find something to coat them in so we can see them. Better yet, I can cover this place in frost, giving not only the outline of snow on them but the gleam of the water when it all melts. When we hit them, they obviously will start bleeding, which will give them away even more, making the job easier for us. We just need Oneo and Stephen to get in here before I start the frost storm."

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Be Mine 312 - Minun
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2023 08:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Miria looked at the man who she had found out was named Ted.

"Sorry, I meant, I dunno - just I felt Anton wasn't telling me everything. Especially with his running around thing. As a Shifter I read minds. I slipped off to the bathroom to shift and get whatever I could out of Anton's mind. As I was going along my mind brushed yours. I know - some people are uncomfortable with that. You also seemed to feel that this was just too weird. He tends to not believe in Shifters, yet knows so much about us. I've no idea how he'd react to one of us, because he doesn't."

"Its good to know that some people can read minds. At least I don't feel so alone knowing that I thought I was the only one." Miria smiled at Ted.

"Well, Anton is a very mysterious man. He says only what he finds important to the user and keeps any other details to himself. That's what I believe in anyways." Miria thought about the time she had met up with Anton and tried her best to keep it to herself so Ted could not read her mind.

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:
    lilminx: My awesome big sister!
    *Tsuki*: Awesome lil sister!
    Teddy2116:Cool big bro!
    Hikaru_Hitachiin: Cool older Brother!
    kirei-chan: Awesomo big sister!
    Serpentarius: Brother in law!

Neverwinter Gnostic Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer has a reputation beyond repute Luzifer's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2013 04:28 PM
    Threads

Samael sighed, "You know... thats the first sensible thing someone's said in a long time, but all the same. I imagine that the wound is relatively minor, or something, such that not much skill is required to bandage the bloody thing. Still, I don't understand why I'm being forced on an idiotic journey to get a bunch of different first aid kits."

He arrived at the waiting room, he sighed, "There's this other girl, who patched me up against my will and who seems to do the same thing. Its equally idiotic. So no, you aren't the only girl who does it. In fact it just seems par for the course."

He looked around the waiting room, "Okay, which of you bloody idiots manage to get yourselves cut and can't deal with it yourselves?"

Frederick nodded solemnly to the two parents. He had to play this carefully. Though it was hard not to find some humor in the irony. He had loved Starlight with everything he had, body and soul. Every waking moment had been for her and they she pushed him away causing him to fall into despair. Now that he had lost his emotions, and no longer was capable of love...she needed him. Still, it was a humor he couldn't feel, a logical observation that brought no mirth too him.

He nodded to Bill and Laura, "A-alright...i guess." he said in his old tone. He knew better than they did that he had to help Starlight, because she had a destiny beyond this.It was part of his duty to fate. Though there was an intolerable squirming against the chains in his mind.
    The tragedy of life comes not from pain, despair, sorrow, or even death; but the constant annihilating amnesia that begs us to forget we live.

Zero Chaos Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera has a reputation beyond repute Kera's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-15-2010 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PuppyOfChaos

(Post more later today)

Natalya made it to her home with a light sweat. She quickly unlocked her door and walked inside her home closing the door behind her. With a sign she threw her keys on the table and walked up stairs to the second story of her home then to her room. Her room was good sized not huge, the whole house was decent she never needed alot of room the house it self is a 3 bedroom 3 bath 2 story home. She walked to her walk in closet and pulled out her stealth uniform. The uniform was made by the special forces to reflect the enviroment around the wearer for camo this uniform on the other hand will reflect the enviroment and natalya's own skin color. Natalya quickly changed and put on a small harnes for her glock 45. s she then through on a light jacket. With that she jogged down stairs and grabbed her car keys off the table and walked out side locking the door behind her. Her car being a Dodge Intrepid instead of a v6 engine its been suped up with a V8 for speed. Natalya opened the front driver door and sat down in the roomy car. With a turn of the key the car to life with a satisfying vroom. Natalya backed out of the drive way and began driving to her destanation...the mansion.

~Kya!~ animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality has a reputation beyond repute animereality's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

As Carlos called out to her, Oeno stopped her decent. Her arm tingling with the thin gashes from the bird’s attack, her hand presenting a nick of flesh that tickled blood off her fingers.

“Oh…my…”

Rather breathless she’d flinch as the shot went off, watching the Falcon drop dead. Toes curling again she’d give another beat of wings to bring her up and over, dropping down into the animal house behind Carlos.

As soon as she had landed the girl brought herself to sit on the floor, trembling half from the scare and half from the adrenalin.

“Ah…s-sorry…”

She’d pluck the cat from the inside of her shirt then, setting him upon her lap.

“Are you alright?”
    Kiii!~

Senior Member Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth has a reputation beyond repute Lady Earth's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2011 04:01 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Luzifer View Post
    Frederick nodded solemnly to the two parents. He had to play this carefully. Though it was hard not to find some humor in the irony. He had loved Starlight with everything he had, body and soul. Every waking moment had been for her and they she pushed him away causing him to fall into despair. Now that he had lost his emotions, and no longer was capable of love...she needed him. Still, it was a humor he couldn't feel, a logical observation that brought no mirth too him.

He nodded to Bill and Laura, "A-alright...i guess." he said in his old tone. He knew better than they did that he had to help Starlight, because she had a destiny beyond this.It was part of his duty to fate. Though there was an intolerable squirming against the chains in his mind.
    Laura took out from her purse the poetry book Frederick had given Star when they'd first met. "You might think that she never loved you but this book meant more to her than you think." She gave him the book.

Star danced on the roof, humming to herself a song. A song sang to her by a boy, a boy she could not remember.

Uniquely Unique... FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel has a reputation beyond repute FaeryTaleAngel's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-12-2019 01:03 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I do not have one.

Kiyoshi’s eyebrow twitched a bit when Galen grabbed her by the arm, and so did a corner of her mouth. Nobody grabbed her like that, and she meant nobody.

Yes, sure she drug people around a lot, but that was different. This was different. Especially after the earlier events, involving Galen, that had taken place that day.

“Look,” She began, jerking her arm away from him whilst turning around to confront him full-on, “Don’t touch me!”

‘Kiyoshi, calm down…you can shift again.’

Another lip twitch at that incoming thought.

That made things truly irritating.

What? She could not even show her emotions now? Was it going to be like it was before for her? Would she have to try to control every aspect of herself like she use to?

Of course she did. That was what her new life was all about…well, her new life ever since Kyon.

Hardly any emotions, hardly any thought, feeling… Just great.

‘Cursed shifting… Bloody curse!’

Kiyoshi took a deep breath and looked up at Galen, her hands balled up into fists tightly by her side.

“Look, Galen, I do not go around telling you how to act, so I would hope that you would show me the same respect and do the same. Also, I will talk to you about it in a little while, but not right now. Now is not the right time for that. I have a few things to do today, mostly for my bloody parents, and I don’t even have to help you, but I am. Why? Because I want to. It is a nice thing to do, and it is the right thing to do.”

She paused for a second before a slight grin curved her lips as she looked up at met Galen’s eyes with hers again.

“By the way, you aren’t too shabby at this sarcasm thing yourself.”

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"Project Completed" the computer has spoken as one of the capsule opens and flashes red lights. When the capsule completely opens and android steps out of it and he looks around and he seems very confused. "Where am I?" the android said as he look around the scientist's lab. As he keeps looking around he found an open door shooting very a bright light, it called the android's attention and he went through it and it took him to the outside world. "This place is creepier than than the other place" the android said. As the android kept looking around he accidentally walk in into private area, the officers came and stop him. "Son, you know that you are not allowed to lurk around these areas, right? Please tell me your name" the officer said. The android didn't know what to say, he didn't know what to say until he saw a tag with the name Daisuke Yagami attached to his outfit, so the android said "My name is, Yagami...Daisuke Yagami" thinking that was his name. Daisuke asked "What are you going to do with me?" "Just follow us, son" the officer said.
    Daisuke was smart enough and realized that he was in trouble so he didn't, he ran away and kept running until the officers lost track of him, Daisuke lost and still very confused at the time time just stop and kept asking the same questions to himself.

Member Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 10:26 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Infinita View Post
    Miria looked at the man who she had found out was named Ted.

"Sorry, I meant, I dunno - just I felt Anton wasn't telling me everything. Especially with his running around thing. As a Shifter I read minds. I slipped off to the bathroom to shift and get whatever I could out of Anton's mind. As I was going along my mind brushed yours. I know - some people are uncomfortable with that. You also seemed to feel that this was just too weird. He tends to not believe in Shifters, yet knows so much about us. I've no idea how he'd react to one of us, because he doesn't."

"Its good to know that some people can read minds. At least I don't feel so alone knowing that I thought I was the only one." Miria smiled at Ted.

"Well, Anton is a very mysterious man. He says only what he finds important to the user and keeps any other details to himself. That's what I believe in anyways." Miria thought about the time she had met up with Anton and tried her best to keep it to herself so Ted could not read her mind.
    "So - the question is what do we do? I mean, I could sit there and try to scan his mind for hours seeing what he's up to. Or I could sit and do nothing. Do you think he's connected to the Liger that showed up earlier? It seemed to be a shifter..."

Senior Member Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax has a reputation beyond repute Dr. Hax's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Carlos looked about, noticing a green glow in his arm. It seemed a bone, the humerus had poked through his muscle tissue. Carlos wasn't feeling pain due to natural "painkillers" but those would fade soon. The feeling of having a bone poking through skin isn't pretty to anyone.

Stay cool, Carlos. It's going to hurt horribly later but right now you need to focus on your objective.

"Anthony, due to this injury in my arm, I want you to give Stephen the Garand along with these clips. Hopefully his aim is good. There will also be a change in plans. Do not kill the Orcas. Incapacitate them but don't kill them."

Carlos turned to Oneo, saying,

"Well, it looks like I'm screwed royally, huh? No matter, though. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. Much like the boss, I am prepared for such incidents to happen. Would this zoo happen to have some stuff for non-lethal takedowns like some strong tranq darts, perhaps? They are probably in a different location, if there are any so Anthony and I would have to buy time or something. By the way, sorry about the bird. I would consider that a form of payback for causing you to drop me."
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 07-10-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Planeswalker Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma has a reputation beyond repute Valkarma's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Playing Cards
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2013 11:31 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by FaeryTaleAngel View Post
    Kat looked at Kairos, taking in his response. She didn’t know exactly how to process what just happened, but before she knew it, she was laughing.

“More tea?” Kat asked before pouring Kairos a new cup of it anyway.

“You’re too funny. You know that? I’m sure she wouldn’t mind. I mean she’s not really busy. I do worry about her sometimes though. She has always had these tendencies of getting herself into these strange situations. But really, I don’t think she’d mind. Especially if you’re her friend.”

“Something else to do? Like what? Maybe we should start by getting you cleaned up a bit. Would you like more tea?”
    "She likes her tea doesn't she?" Shadow whispered slowly to him.
    Kairos cleared his throat. Her laughing at him a ticked him off a little. But it was harmless he knew. He just wished to be somewhere else right now. Rather then talking about this. He placed down his cup and looked at her.
    "I'm sorry. But I think I've overstayed my welcome. If you don't mind. I'd like to be leaving now. Maybe we can meet another time." He stood up to leave. "If you would leave the way."
    "Being a bit cruel are we not? She was just having some fun." Shadow asked.
    "Leave out of it." He bit back.
    "Ok just becuase you can't handle it."
    Kairos growled a little to himself, under his breath and waited on Kat.
    "I don't need to have the perfect plan. My foe just has to have an imperfect one." Jace Beleren

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?" Jace Beleren

Senior Member InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN has a reputation beyond repute InfinityzeN's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2009 12:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: infinityzen Steam ID: infinityzen

Jean rolls his sholders as he walks back to his car. That last overload really messed him up and he still feels a little weird, but can't let that stop him. He pops the trunk of his car and pulls the dufflebag out, setting it on the front seat beside him.

He cranks up his car and pulls out into traffic, trying to remember how to get to the zoo. Well, I could always follow the sound of screaming, explosions, and gun shots he decides. Hell, if I drive fast I'll get there just after the action has started.

He cast out his senses as he drives and checks on Miria. Finding her calm and uninjured, he sets about focusing his mind on the job ahead.
    "Naughty by nature..."
    Click here for Jean's story / Click here for Cajun Words

SOS Brigade Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita has a reputation beyond repute Infinita's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"So - the question is what do we do? I mean, I could sit there and try to scan his mind for hours seeing what he's up to. Or I could sit and do nothing. Do you think he's connected to the Liger that showed up earlier? It seemed to be a shifter..." Miria looked at Ted Puzzled. She had never heard about it. Although, she has been everywhere and not in her dorm.

"What Liger?" She asked with great curiosity. I never heard of a Liger posing a problem in the area....

"I don't think its connected to Anton. But this seems to be a problem. Do you think its still running out there? Maybe we should help..."

Every great work of art has two faces, one toward its own time and one toward the future, toward eternity.
    Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Xmas Tree Favorite Heart
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 10:49 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2405-1826-7239-5951

Stephen saw the minuscule bird at almost the same time Oneo did. He felt his eyes sharpen, watching its movements in the sky closely. Instinctively he knew what it was going to do, but that didn't make him any more prepared for the attack. As the bird dove at the three of them, and his significantly smaller heart in this form beat in his chest. And then the impact. It was all Stephen could do it keep from falling after Carlos, who looked less proud when plummeting towards the ground.

His fighting skills were all but nonexistent, but now Stephen had to fight for his life, something he had never really had to do.

Well, here goes nothing!

But before he could pounce, something grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, and he felt his body go limp. He was stuffed unceremoniously down Oneo's shirt. Thinking this was some ploy to prevent him from fighting back, he struggled in the article of clothing, trying his best to escape. Then his center of gravity changed, and he knew they were falling to the ground. He could only think that Oneo was hurt, and now he had to heal her, otherwise they'd both be road kill. But then he heard Carlos calling out them, and then several gunshots. Now Oneo was landing safely. What the hell just happened?

For the second time he was gripped by the scruff of his neck and went limp.

“Are you alright?”

The first thing Stephen did was look into the sky, expecting to see the bird, perhaps even more of them. But there was nothing. Then he noticed a patch of blood on the granite surface of the building, the deep red color shimmering in the moonlight.

He hoped off the body beneath him and transformed back into his usual form.

Carlos was on a ledge slightly higher than them, talking to them. No, talking to Oneo.

"This is not what I signed up for!" he yelled. His insides burned with anger and fear. This was way out of his element, being attacked, shielded, shot at, and saved. He didn't even know these people! All he wanted from them was information that could be useful to his research, that was the extent of it. "I'm a scientist, not a soldier! You're only keeping me along because you know someone is going to get hurt and you want my powers. You're as bad as all those that persecute us shifters."

He turned back to Oneo. Her thin cuts were dripping blood.

"Thank you for saving me." he told her softly. "In return, I'll heal you."
    Last edited by Capernicus; 07-10-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Back, by popular demand! Now with new avy.

Member Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard has a brilliant future Silverwizard's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2009 10:26 PM
    Threads

"As I approached the building, me and a few others were attacked by a Liger. Its mind appeared to be a shifter. It seems like there's Shifter Animals out there, and weird creatures are turning into them. Maybe they're actually bred for their skills with magic...

"I dunno if it's anything to do with Anton or not, but I mean, it was right outside his survey. Of course, it could just be attracted other Shifters."

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

She would have a hand at her chest, breathing irregular and harsh, even so her attention was brought to Carlos, in particular the compound fracture of his arm.

“Uh…uhm…y-yes…we do have those but…”

She shook her head, dismissing the topic of the bird with a wave of her hand, for all she knew that thing was just evil.

It was then that Stephen moved from her lap and shifted to normal. She’d tilt to one side at his outburst, watching him though the understandable ranting, feeling rather sorry for the man. Upon him then looking at her and offering help she’d manage a smile, that same shy peachy tone colouring her cheeks from the act of someone caring for her, a stranger for that matter.

Glancing at her arm she would then look to Carlos, then back at Stephen as she’d slowly come to her feet, a little unsteady, yet after a moment she’d stand upright.

“Th-thank you…for the offer-that is very kind of you…very kind, yet…”

She’d take a few steps, coming to Carlos and already lifting a hand. ‘Fingers’ of a soft green seeping from her palm, long and thin, invisible to all but herself. They would skim over the surface of the arm, its pierced flesh and broken bone, to Carlos it would be no more sensitive than getting a cold brush of air, the kind that had your hairs standing up.

“…you are in…more need of medical help than myself…it is a priority as you are the one who know seems what is going on around here.”

She’d tilt her head up enough to look at the man, awaiting a brush off or acceptance of her help.
    Kiii!~

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"So one arm is out of commission. Who cares? The pain will come sooner or later but for now, we need a location of the non-lethal devices."

Carlos looked at Stephen and yelled back,

"As for you. You want your research? Here it is, damnit! You're getting a first-hand look at what some shifters do. Shifters like Anthony and myself try to stop stuff that negatively affects others. Our boss, Kevin Maxford is a corporal in the Kapok Bay Coast Guard. He has sided with establishing law and order as a result. Anthony and I are merely under his command. I think this would be fine research for a scientist as tons of samples could be easily collected and multiple experiments could be run based off of all this. Let us do the work of knocking them out. You can have them afterwa-

Carlos stopped mid-sentence feeling a surge of pain come on. Letting out a massive yell, he closed his eyes, tossed the Garand and clips to the side and winced in pain as icy tears fell from his face. All of a sudden, he felt some cold brush along his skin as he felt something move into him and close up. Opening his eyes, he looked around, noticed his arm was in top condition again grabbed his Garand again and said,

"Oneo, did you do this? If so, you have my thanks. Let us focus on our objective."
    Last edited by Dr. Hax; 07-10-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The man dressed in the Zoo's uniform that was with Anthony turns to the rest of the group. His light complexion and red hair covered in sweat and grit.

"Shhhhh. I can hear them. " He says in a loud whisper, pointing deeper into the marsupial house. "It's the weird guy in black that's been killing people and the weird cat girl thing. We have to keep away from them."

Then he seems to realize something.

"Wait! Did you say something about healing! Maybe you can help Tara and the others! C'mon!"

He reaches out for Stephan as he starts to move away from the direction of the people he warned you about and toward one of the exits.
    Last edited by sunnyside; 07-10-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"Somehow, I don't trust him but we can't take any chances. We will divide up into two teams. One will protect the man and follow him while the other finds the tranqs and keeps the orcas busy. Speed and evasion would really count for the orcas due to their bulk. Anthony, you protect the guy with Stephen. Oneo and I will get the darts and some supplies. My powers are primarily for defensive purposes but they can be used against the enemy as well so Oneo, just guide me to our destination."

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Miria smirked then chuckled.

"That is interesting. Experiments made for magic...." Miria shook her head in disgust. What is the world coming to?

"Well, I think this is interesting. How about we go take a look and find this Liger you speak of...."

Daniel Barenboim

Here is my family!:

LUCKY DUCK Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus has a reputation beyond repute Capernicus's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Carlos' words further enraged Stephen. The man was mocking him and everything he was trying to accomplish. He was a military man, resorting to fighting where possible. He was the type who never stopped to think, to see the much less bloody solution that was starting him right in the face.

"Law and order is none of my concern! I didn't even want to come out on this field assignment anyway! I would just as much liked to have stayed in my office, looking at slides under a god damned microscope! I don't need you and your disrespect."

If Stephen hadn't been somewhat of a gentlemen, he would have spit on the floor in disgust. As it stood, it was quite a lot for him to swear like he was. Still, Carlos seemed to brush off his outburst, opting to speak with Oneo instead. The bird-woman made her way towards him. And Stephen watched as, right before his eyes, she healed him. It was the first time he had ever seen anyone other than himself with the ability. When the exchange was complete, he found himself wondering if that was what it looked like when he healed someone.

Before anyone could make any other move, a man was telling them something.

"Wait! Did you say something about healing! Maybe you can help Tara and the others! C'mon!"

And just like that, Stephen found himself being volunteered into yet another mishap that had absolutely nothing to do with him.

"Now wait just a minute! What makes you think I want to be party to these activities anymore? You have a healer, have her do your dirty work."

He turned away, feeling highly disgruntled. He tried to give Oneo a look that communicated how sorry he was for referring to her in such a way. He then took a few steps away from everyone around him. Then he stopped.

He had no idea where he was or how to get back to the university.

"Damn..." she whispered under his breath. He knew he had no other option. He had to stay with these people, they could protect him much more effectively than he could himself. Though he didn't like the idea very much, it had to be done.

"Very well," he said, "I will accompany whoever would have me. What shall I do, oh great leader?"

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"Why look at slides when you have wide samples ripe for the picking in this zoo? As I have said before, you want information? Here it all is. Drink it all in and make sure that pool of knowledge stays pure. Sometimes, Stephen, to gain powerful information, you need to put your life on the line. No attempt at gaining answers should be considered pointless as it just means that the desire for such answers is strong. I've wanted to see and understand what the healing process looks like from a third-person view. I want to know the cost of healing someone. If you want to know about offensive abilities, turn mainly to either the boss or Anthony. If you wish to know more about defensive powers, I can assist there. If it's something not pertaining to any of such powers, ask shifters who are sided with good...Shifters like myself, Anthony and Kevin. Kevin is the only one of us three who holds the most information. He is a military figure, after all. I used to be a member of the Latin Kings, a gang in Michigan. I got shunned by my eses when one of them found out what I am capable of. To this day, I serve as Kevin's second-in-command. Anyway, let's chill and get you some more information. Ask me something and I will answer it."

Carlos remained calm now but added in one more thing before listening.

"Also, for the record. I have never known anyone who could give off such attitude that it could contest my cousin's. I'm already starting to like you since you reminded me of him."

Gil
    Gay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Stephen eyed the man, not quite sure what to make of him. Was he making fun of him again? Would it make a difference? Well, it would certainly change the way Stephen felt about the whole thing, but he was effectively boxed in. He heaved a great sigh and shook his head.

"I'm not researching shifter powers per say. Honestly, I shouldn't tell you what I am researching as it is a bit of a secret. But...what he hell, it doesn't look likely any of us will escape with our lives. We are researching a possible connection between the high density of shifters on this island and the kopak trees. That is what brought me here. Don't you think it is curious how many are housed on this tiny little island? I would love to know why I am a shifter, and I'm sure you would as well."

Then he turned away, looking at the man in the zoo uniform. He had mentioned a group of hurt people. Stephen wondered how badly hurt they were, how many, and what had hurt them. And he frowned.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

"If that's the case, visiting every house here should do the trick. Every environment and exhibit has to be given it's specific trees and plants. Perhaps collecting the leaves from each after this incident is over will help?"

Carlos thought a bit and continued.

"Perhaps it's not so much the possible connection between shifter and trees as it could be a connection between shifters and objects of various elements. For example, all of my powers except for one are ice-based. The one power is electricity-based. Being around stuff for a long time or doing things involving that element...even consuming something of that element might give powers. Kevin's abilities are mostly based on speed and knowledge. He has a fascination with wolves which might explain why he's got wolf-like properties. I held on to a wolf's fang necklace for ten years so that might explain why I can shift into a wolf also."

Closed Thread

Thread Information