AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Father figures in anime. . .

Junior Member Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2008 11:06 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Father figures in anime. . .

As an extra credit project for a sociology class I am researching father/ father figures and I was wondering about father relationships with their children in anime, positive and negative. Does anyone have any ideas about what anime I should watch and why?

EDIT: I know that it isn't the best thing to just post a topic like this right off the bat but I believe it would help me save some time. Any ideas are appreciated greatly.
    Last edited by Spazztik; 10-01-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Senior Member +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+ has a reputation beyond repute +Namiko+'s Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2011 08:02 AM
    Threads

I can honestly not think of any GOOD father figures in anime. Hmm.....
    If you want bad you've got a gold mine. Hmmmmmmm.....

I guess Sochiro Yagami(Death Note) wasn't a bad father. He wanted the best for Light, worked really hard, and did what he could to protect Light's innocense.

I guess you could call Kakashi Hatake (Naruto) a good father FIGURE. He really looks out for team 7 and tries with all his might to drill some goodness into their little heads^^haha. The same goes for Sarutobi from the same show. As the Hokage, he did his duty and protected his grandson and villiage at the cost of his own life and taught the kids about protecting who it precious to you. He was good.

Other than that Im at a loss. Sorry ^^

Fatal Frame II

Because Friendship is MAGIC!

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can think of maybe 1.

The guy on Fruits basket.

I think Shishou is his name. He is almost like a father to Kyo.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m has a reputation beyond repute sa5m's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Ariel Fox Snowman
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2019 01:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: pppascal

Here's what NOT to put in your report: Papa to Kiss in the Dark, or whatever that thing is called. I didn't know it was an incest anime until I watched the first episode.
    Lost my childhood innocence right there.

On the other hand, I agree with Raiken and +Namiko+.
    Vampire Knight also has a good father figure... that guy who's principal of Cross Academy and took in Yuki and Zero. He even makes Yuki call him father! Hahaha.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Kosuke Utsugi from Demon Lord Dante.In the Japanese dub his voice goes bolistic when they take his daughter.Okay, so he still let his daughter be sacrificed......he tried...somewhat...

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well you really should include Evangelion. Not a good father figure exactly but a famous father/son relationship in anime. And you can probably find a fair bit on wikipedia and stuff instead of having to watch the series.

Member WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter has a reputation beyond repute WitchHunter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2009 08:33 PM
    Threads

How about Tomoya's father from Clannad? It's hard to get too detailed without spoiling it, but basically after Tomoya's mother died his father gave up. Later the two got into a fight and

Tomoya got injured and had to give up basketball, which was just about the only thing he cared about.

After that Tomoya's father stopped treating him like his son, and Tomoya himself became a self-proclaimed delinquent.
    Also, the series hasn't gotten to it yet, but after a certain event that I don't want to spoil, Tomoya ends up

becoming exactly like his father.
    It's in the movie, but I don't remember if that covered the rest of what I mentioned. Definitely an interesting one for a sociology class.

Junior Member Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik is a splendid one to behold Spazztik's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-01-2008 11:06 PM
    Threads

Thanks everyone. . . Most of these are positive relationships for the most part except for evangelion. . . are there any other negative father relationships in anime

Jumonji Baka Kawaii IV
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki has a reputation beyond repute Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2009 09:27 AM
    Threads

You never really hear about father/son relationships...

The only one I can name was originally from a video game, but it's an anime now. From Tales of Symphonia, Kratos is Lloyd's father, but Lloyd doesn't even know it until he gets told the hard way. At first Kratos seems like the bad guy, which he kind of was. That's kind of negative, but not really.

Oh I don't know. I only know about dysfunctional mothers.

深く根ざした||傷は消えない
    Hide it, Hide it, Hide me

Senior Member Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation has a reputation beyond repute Magelation's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-07-2009 07:05 PM
    Threads

Hm... there's the relationship between Ukiya Shun and his father (from Gatekeepers). At first Ukiya hates his father because his father never paid any attention to him and didn't even attend his graduation(?).

After that...

Later on, Ukiya realizes that his father was spending his time working on something (I won't say) that would eventually greatly help Ukiya in his job and also save his life.

What-ho! SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite has a reputation beyond repute SSDynamite's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2009 05:11 AM
    Threads

Dragonball Z has a couple of father son relationships.
    Goku and Gohan, so loving and kind- a true bond between them.
    Vegeta and Trunks, the first time Vegeta hugged Trunks was when he was like, 11. Right before he gave himself up to try and save everyone ;__; I cried.

Closed Thread

Thread Information