AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Yugioh And Pokemon?

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2015 09:29 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Default Yugioh And Pokemon?

Well jerks in my school that hate anime always say its because of Pokemon and Yugioh, it seems like those 2 are the only 2 animes that kids think of when making fun of anime. Why is it that when kids thinm of something to pick on of anime, they either base their ideas on Pokemon and Yugioh. I don't know if that is the same for your school, or anyone's school but anyways what is your opion's on that{can't even spell opion sorry <.<}
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Senior Member Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight has a reputation beyond repute Fox Knight's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-12-2010 07:41 AM
    Threads

yeah it was pretty much the same at my school during 9th and 10th grade. then naruto came out and they left Yugioh and pokemon and made fun of naruto.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/ENC...AzBl0Pp95cPgk1
    Saving the World, one Duel at a time.
    Get your game On!!

My Family;
    Little Sister: ~*Clawdia*~
    Brother: jose101
    Cousin: LadyWolf14
    Twin Sister:♥Miss.Bun Bun

Junior Member Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty has a brilliant future Yusei's_Kitty's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2008 01:45 PM
    Threads

I feel its because they were some of the first popular ones. They are supposedly rated for kids so they were on every channel and the merchandise sold everywhere. Also, Once you think about, YugiOh and Pokemon themselves are kind of alike. So there could be a possibility that they think that a lot of anime are too much a like. Plus, Yugioh and pokemon are probably the easiest to make fun of because everyone knows what it is...

If that makes any sence...sry if it doesn't, I'm really tired and my thoughts are merging together. ^^'

I think it's like that pretty much everywhere...
    ๑۩۞۩๑ = Twilina The Twlight Temptress = ๑۩۞۩๑

Senior Member Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01 has a reputation beyond repute Tomoyo01's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2008 01:47 PM
    Threads

On my school... They don`t make fun of anime. But they make fun of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, just because they are popular and they think it`s childish. And some other popular anime. But I think some of the people who make fun of it watch anime at the same time

Senior Member Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2009 09:32 PM
    Threads

the reason why people make fun of pokemon and yugioh at my school is because they know of no other anime to make fun of, and thats fine by me, because i know of anime that people dont, and i dont want it jeered at

My sister is Kissed by Neji my OTHER sister is Morning Grace.......i gots family!

AF's Annoying Weeaboo Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner has a reputation beyond repute Yoko Littner's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-06-2015 09:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NanoEdge EX

Quote Originally Posted by Zenni-Kun View Post
    the reason why people make fun of pokemon and yugioh at my school is because they know of no other anime to make fun of, and thats fine by me, because i know of anime that people dont, and i dont want it jeered at
    I agree xD and yea you are right about Naruto, they make fun of that as well.
    Check out Anime Globe for the latest in anime reviews and anime news!

~Me, when my waifu confessed her love to me~

Senior Member sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren has a reputation beyond repute sapphirewyren's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-01-2010 08:54 PM
    Threads

Question

in my school they pretty much made fun of anything anime including the anime club.

Don't try to look so wise nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1 has a reputation beyond repute nichunter1's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2009 02:51 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

at school anime is known to be for = no lifes but eh guess what i ahve plenty of friends and none watch anime but that doesnt stop me from watching it does it?

Avatar, Signature, and many wallpapers to come made by me!

Ellxeeva's Minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2014 11:59 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I think it's because those shows are based on or for kids. I know some people that secretly watch these anime, but they go along with the crowd and make fun of those who are open about it. Those hypocritical jerks. It's people like that which bring disgrace to anime. For the record, I don't like Pokemon or Yugioh, but I used to watch them when I was younger.
    If Minecraft had a Japanese intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=H5qFZjuKet4

|Set made by Neukifly|

Super Saiyan Dango

Member Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw has a reputation beyond repute Eva DarkClaw's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2008 11:22 AM
    Threads

It's the same at my school, but we had a place to go. Anime Club.. though it was recently disbanded for reasons I shan't discuss.
    Kids are cruel, what do I do? Tell them off or ignore them, depends on my mood at the current point in time. *snickers*
    When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then sit back and let the world wonder how you did it.

Junior Member GymLeaderLance99 is on a distinguished road GymLeaderLance99's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 10:12 PM
    Threads

Two words: 4Kids dubbing.

"In order to defeat evil, you must defeat evil. In this cruel world of deceits, you can only rule with power." -Haou

The Poet Sword Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke has a reputation beyond repute Tetsanosuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2015 11:12 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GymLeaderLance99 View Post
    Two words: 4Kids dubbing.
    Amen.

Perhaps the world was never meant to make perfect sense.

Junior Member nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana has much to be proud of nunnally_shana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2009 05:36 AM
    Threads

In my school,we don't abuse anime but we talk a lot about it.During free time,my seatmate and I would talk about our fave anime,if we have time. And about Yugioh and Pokemon?Almost half of our class love them!

Junior Member Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett has a reputation beyond repute Majugarzett's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2009 03:12 PM
    Threads

Cartoons are falsely associated with childishness for obvious reasons, therefore many of the less open minded individuals often slate anime without giving it a chance. As has been stated, the 4kids dubbing didn't really help us fight our case that anime isn't for babies..

I am known as Akira on YCM

Junior Member Night.Fall is just really nice Night.Fall is just really nice Night.Fall is just really nice Night.Fall is just really nice Night.Fall is just really nice Night.Fall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-18-2009 02:59 PM
    Manchester, England - y'know, that one city where it's n-e-v-e-r warm?
    Threads

Here in England anime's not too popular so people base opinions on the few they've actually heard of and watched - the 4Kids versions of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh. I can understand that here, where anime knowledge is very limited, but I thought in America and such places there wouldn't be the same problems.

Closed Thread

Thread Information