AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Why do you play a game

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Graphics

5 7.04%
  • Plot

25 35.21%
  • Friends/Family suggestion

3 4.23%
  • Saga you like

7 9.86%
  • other (explain)

31 43.66%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do you play the games you do?

Senior Member wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer has a reputation beyond repute wordfarer's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2008 10:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

I love games with strong dynamic characters and engaging complex plots (like a book). But any game that I can essentially envelop myself in and really get my feelings and thoughts involved usually satisfies me (I am sensitive to this sort of involvement anyway). It is all material for my imagination to run wild with and pull me out of "reality." Why else should someone devote so much time to video games? (too brag?)
    AM/PM me!

Senior Member The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale has a reputation beyond repute The Nightingale's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Systems N64 Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Cookie
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-25-2019 12:51 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karawr831 PSN ID: Karawr831 XFIRE ID: midnightdreams Steam ID: karawr831

I love the stories of the games, whenever I play game I do not look at the design or graphics, I look at the story. Bascially if the graphics suck but the story is good, I'd still play it.

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

Archmage Evelyn Nightingale, Guardian of the North, at your service.

Formally known as Vanilla Kiss.

Senior Member BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart has a reputation beyond repute BoiledFart's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2008 04:16 AM
    Threads

It draws me in and makes me wanna see the next cutscene

Senior Member sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside has a reputation beyond repute sunnyside's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pocket Watch Katana Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-08-2019 09:03 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    I'm married w/ a kid. I have very little time for games, except for ones that can be played in short bursts. Thus, I stick to arcade games for the most part. RPGs are a thing of my past, although I try one every now and again.
    I'm in the same boat. So I do games that are free and that I can't spend too much time on. Though I still like some thinking and complexity.

That would be human age and Nexus war.

Junior Member Wex is on a distinguished road Wex's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-03-2008 06:37 AM
    Threads

I play whatever I pick off the shelf (walking into Game is seriously hazardous on my bank account). That and whatever is needed for work 'research'.

I tend to enjoy a game when I can get really into the game world. This requires a few things. Firstly it needs to not-crash; because that just sucks. While I have a hefty gaming PC it also needs to look decent on the lower graphics settings.

With the techie stuff out the way; it needs to have a decent interface that doesn't mean I have to go through several menus or have to face-roll the keyboard in order to find out which key combo is to 'pickup object' or suchlike. Played a game the other day where selecting objects in the world was Ctrl-UpArrow; it took a lot of keyboard-headbutting to find that little 'feature'.

Finally there's the design side; which is characters and storyline. I like a bit of humor and an unexpected plot. One of the great things that games can give a user that other entertainment can't is the ability to explore and experiment. Half-Life 2 does this well due to the physics puzzles, as does Deus Ex with it's branching storylines.

Finally, games that have been rushed to their release date are rarely amazing. This envelopes quite a lot of the games that are currently out there.

Member Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob has a brilliant future Squishy_blob's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-11-2009 02:21 AM
    Threads

I play games for the characters or if gameplay is fun! And if the game isn't too tense. Whenever I play shooting games my heart beats really fast and I scream if I get tapped on the shoulder or something.
    I can't cure your thirst
    Because you who is seeking the truth does not admit the truth

I can't cure your thirst
    Because the the truth that you expect isn't there

But I still want to cure your thirst
    Because I am the one who threw you out in the desert.

-Higurashi no naku koro ni

I MEH IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION!

Junior Member nerohawk will become famous soon enough nerohawk's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2008 12:18 AM
    Threads

I play the games i play because.....well i just get what ever looks good then determine why i like it ...so i guess io play games as a hobbie
    The world doesnt shape us , we shape the world

Senior Member Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken. has a reputation beyond repute Daken.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts 311 - Plusle 133 - Eevee Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-31-2014 03:25 AM
    Threads

graphics and plot. if it has no good storyline, whats the point in playing? lol

Nanobyte's minion SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD has a reputation beyond repute SigmaSD's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Luna Cake Lie Soras Keyblade
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-20-2017 06:47 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 1596-5790-7816-3407

I guess I do play video games because of the characters and the plot, but I'm more interested in tactics and using my brain. That's why I have enjoyed games like Fire Emblem, Luminous Arc, and Professor Layton. I guess the extreme of this would be the Megaman Zero games. You really have to calculate your opponets attacks, and nail their weakness. Otherswise you obtain massive damage and die.

Senior Member Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster has a reputation beyond repute Light Buster's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Systems Xbox 360 American Flag Ribbon AK47
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2016 03:29 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Light Buster PSN ID: Lightbuster88

All of them. If one is bad, one should cancel it out. Other wise, it breaks the balance.
    WARNING: This user is wanted for unauthorized access into Ultratech archives. If you see this user in person, please contact Ultratech immediately.

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Because I like to have things to whine about. Joking aside, I play games for a number of reasons, plot, characters and generally everything else except graphics. I like them but I feel there seems to be an obsession with graphics at the moment, can't we go back to making games more about plot and gameplay, than shiney pretty things.

N64 Fan For Life zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock has a reputation beyond repute zorarock's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-22-2009 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: sweet oh oops......

Mostly cause it's a saga I like even if they're slowly killing it (Sonic)
    ALso any thing with Mii I love those criters
    Stuff I'm a Fan of: N64DD, N64, Beta Games, Nintendo, mii, Game Rare, Sega, AVGN, Nostalgic Critic, Pokemon, Star wars, The Simpsons, King Of The Hill, anime, Charmed, Pixar, Disney, 90's cartoons, Sonic The Hedgehog,

Things I'm Obsesed Over: N64DD,N64, Beta Zelda, Beta Games,Mii

I ABSOLUTLY HATE:The typical teenager, stereotypical my space pics, High School musical

Junior Member Noodlemac is a name known to all Noodlemac is a name known to all Noodlemac is a name known to all Noodlemac is a name known to all Noodlemac is a name known to all Noodlemac is a name known to all Noodlemac's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-28-2008 02:57 AM
    Threads

I play just about all thoes types, as long as its a good game.

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

Really two reasons.

Either competitiveness like SSB or something like that, or because it's been seriously hyped to the point where I have to try it out.

or to waste time..

Boosh Master General pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336 has a reputation beyond repute pyrothunder336's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2010 01:21 PM
    Threads

I tend to go for anything with a supernatural plot that isn't a shooter or a friend suggested it to me. Another reason I might pick up a game is if I know it will take a long time to beat. Time wasting games are always best.

Senior Member kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13 has a reputation beyond repute kimbeey13's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-17-2009 11:00 AM
    Threads

I usually play games for the characters and graphics, plot plays a big part for me to. I never usually plan my buys to much though, I just buy the games with the covers I like (mostly RPG's) and hope for the best.

Senior Member Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 02:47 PM
    Threads

I play games for their plot...if the plot is bad than the game is bad. (I believe)

Member ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage has a reputation beyond repute ElderSage's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-26-2008 11:54 AM
    Threads

Doing dev. work as a hobby I tend to look at games in a very demanding angle lol. They have to be extremely good graphically speaking and have excellent gameplay

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

games where you get to kill lots of fodder and do lots of diffrent ways to dispatch the bad guys

Senior Member Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku has a reputation beyond repute Gizoku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-29-2011 09:04 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: KCEB91

In order:
    1. Plot
    2. Type of gameplay (Turn-based, free roam etc.)
    3. Suggestions/things I've read about it.
    4. Saga.
    5. Then graphics.
    Derp.

Senior Member Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun has a reputation beyond repute Zenni-Kun's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-16-2009 09:32 PM
    Threads

I play the games i do because i like lengthy titles that make you have to use your brain, and not simple "done by the end of the week" button mashers.

My sister is Kissed by Neji my OTHER sister is Morning Grace.......i gots family!

Member narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames has much to be proud of narutokungames's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2009 05:35 AM
    Threads

I like a game with a good plot and graphics.

Member StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:36 PM
    Threads

i like alot of different games. i like the ones with good graphics and shooter.
    The only way out is through a brick wall.

Member SweetChoco will become famous soon enough SweetChoco's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2009 10:18 PM
    Threads

i play games because of graphics and story line

Dream With Me Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul has a reputation beyond repute Magical Soul's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2009 04:09 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Dream ♥

FF because of the Plot.

Closed Thread

Thread Information