AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Zeta Gundam

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-17-2015 11:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Well the DVD's are expected to be released in April 2004, on top of that, it's also implied that this series will be broadcast on CN. My question is, will the greatest series in the entire Gundam saga, due to popoularity of the masses lose its shine?

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe Bioshock Gene Tonic
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2015 07:16 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

I dobut it will. The truly deserving shows only grow, not decrease in popularity.... Unless you mean the people who will not watch anything that has been released to mainstream because it is now "tainted", but there is a special word for people like that, that I am just too polite to mention here ^_^; regardless to say, it won't affect the quality of the show.
    Now for the dub job, now that I can't say, but they will have subs availiable anyway ^_^

Wild Card! SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI has a reputation beyond repute SGI's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

True, I guess you can't hate a good anime because of the fans. Like the phrase goes "I don't hate god, just his fanclub"

But from the rumour mills apparently the Z Gundam DVD boxed set is sub only, and they are going to do a special dub for Adult Swim. (They say CN but I can not see Z Gundam being on anything but Adult swim).

Senior Member Cloud Strife is an unknown quantity at this point Cloud Strife's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2004 10:45 PM
    Threads

i haven't seen this gundam series. is it really that good? i have to check it out then ^_^
    "I'd rather not deal with tired weaklings now...I'll kill you all later." Albel Nox - Star Ocean Till The End Of Time

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well both the Japanese and Western Gundam communities consider it the best Gundam series hands down. So yeah it is that good...

Senior Member Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-29-2004 09:28 PM
    Threads

What is CN and Gundam RULES ANY AND ALL cept that one they got on Toonami now thats about the midget gundams thats stupid but the rest r awsome.

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

CN = Cartoon Network.

And yeah Superior Defender is nowhere near as good as the other SD Gundam series

Senior Member Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge has a reputation beyond repute Serge's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok and there r other SD series? or am i missing something?

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yes there are, there's SD Gundam MK I,II,II and IV and SD Gundam's Counterattack.

Unlike Superior Defender, the original SD Gundam's were used as parodies of the various releases of Gundam. I've seen Episodes 1 and 2 of SD Gundam MK I and both of which are hilarious.

I'm looking forward to seeing SD Gundam MK II mainly because episode 2 is a major parody of Final Fantasy. (Complete with Camile of Zeta Gundam dressed as a girl).

Sadly it is very very unlikely that any of these SD Gundam will ever be released in the west. Such a shame really.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

yeah it is

Senior Member -SaturnBattousai- -SaturnBattousai-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2004 10:57 PM
    Threads

i didnt like to many gundam series to begin with. G-Gundam was really the only one i liked. When i saw SD gundam i kinda lost it... but if a lot of people say Z Gundam is going to be good then ill guess im gonna just have to give it a try.

"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack me...."

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-01-2004 11:14 AM
    Threads

i was wondering if you knew when they come out on dvd?
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>&quot;Ok, there is a wall in front of you, can you see the grass on the other side? Then how the hell do you know the grass is greener?&quot;
    visit my site at www.HCIndustries.net </span></span>

Senior Member Yamcha will become famous soon enough Yamcha's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2005 10:28 AM
    Threads

Usaually Toonami plays pretty good anime. But there are those rare ocasions where they play totall b/s. However I have heard that Z gundam is supposed to be pretty good. I still like the old school stuff better. Things just start to get too complicated as the newer sagas come out.

"Angels that are forced from heaven have to become demons. Isn't that right, Spike?"

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

All I know is that Z Gundam comes out on DVD in a limited edition boxed set some time in 2004. And it is confirmed by Bandai that it WILL be released on a subbed only DVD and may be followed up by a dubbed release on CN.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Sounds good. I don&#39;t kno I&#39;ll have to see it for my self to judge it.

"Angels that are forced from heaven have to become demons. Isn't that right, Spike?"

Senior Member Belisarius Belisarius's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-30-2004 06:59 PM
    Threads

Is it necessary to see Zeta to grok ZZ? I watched the first episode of ZZ (snagged it off of suprnova as a demo, and the only other UC series I&#39;ve seen is 08th MS Team, which is also the only Gundam series I&#39;ve really liked), and it seemed to be utter chaos. That, combined with the ludicrious opening has already started to turn me off of the series.

Is Zeta (and/or ZZ) an actual war story, like 08th MS Team, or is it peacenik propoganda disguised as a war story, like Wing?

It&#39;s like I always say: You&#39;re either an eagle, or an earthworm ~ Maniac, WCIV

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Not sure, but it sounds pretty cool.

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Don&#39;t compare ZZ to Z Bel-chan please. ZZ is actually aimed at younger kids. Zeta is a fierce and very dark war story. In fact halfway through ZZ, Tomino-samaa (The creator of Gundam) took over and made ZZ do a 180 so its story could be ready to match that of Chars Counterattack.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Zeta sounds like my kind of show, then. Sod ZZ.

It&#39;s like I always say: You&#39;re either an eagle, or an earthworm ~ Maniac, WCIV

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

isn&#39;t zeta the last letter in the latin alphabet?

Senior Member -SaturnBattousai- -SaturnBattousai-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2004 10:57 PM
    Threads

i thin someone needs to BURN all the SD gundam episodes... a total disgrace of everything gundam

&quot;If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack me....&quot;

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Hmmmmm how to describe Zeta Gundam okay...

Take the main pilot of Gundam Seed and make him angrier... add 10 years to the original Gundam Mecha designs, add the drama of War in the Pocket with the black outlook of Victory Gundam, and the best plot twists of Turn A and Victory and put in a blender.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So...it&#39;s a thick, pasty sludge?

Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Fedora Cylon 1970s
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Yup, its nice and creamy

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

lol kinda sounds like ur descrbing somethin other then an anime show, but w.e

Closed Thread

Thread Information