AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Sound Horizon - Ark

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-25-2020 10:24 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: xenographer Steam ID: xen0glossy

Default Sound Horizon - Ark

So, Sound Horizon owns my soul and apparently I like pain. I thought the Gunslinger Girl songs and Schwarzweiß were bad, but this is much, much worse. Help?

As with my Gunslinger Girl translits, the words in square brackets are what is sung where it differs from what is written. I felt it happened a little too often to be stuck into footnotes.

「―――箱庭を騙る檻の中で 禁断の海馬に手を加えて
    驕れる無能な創造神にでも 成った心算なの……」

'-- hakoniwa o kataru ori no naka de kindan no ashika [kikan] ni te o kuwaete
    ogoreru munou na souzoukami [kami] ni demo natta shinsan [tsumori] na no'

'-- In the cage that pretends to be a miniature garden, they alter the forbidden organ [mechanism]
    Did you think that you had become a proud, incompetent God?' [1]

(崩壊 其れは孕み続けた季節 二月の雪の日 『妹』の記憶)

(houkai sore wa haramitsudzuketa kisetsu nigatsu no yuki no hi "imouto" [Soror] no kioku [yume])

(Decay -- that is the season that continued to conceive; "Soror's" memory [dream] on a snowy February day) [2]

「我々を楽園へ導ける箱舟は 哀れなる魂を大地から解き放つ
    救いを求める貴方にArkを与えよう」
    《Arkと呼ばれた物》は月光を受けて銀色に煌いた...

'wareware o rakuen e michibikeru hakobune wa aware naru tamashii o daichi kara tokihanatsu
    sukui o motomeru anata ni Ark o ataeyou'
    Ark to yobareta mono [sore] wa gekkou o ukete gin'iro ni kirameita

'The ark that will lead us to Paradise will release our wretched souls from this earth
    We give the Ark to you who are searching for salvation'
    The thing called the Ark [that] glittered silver in the moonlight

想い出まで裏切った 冷たい言葉の雨
    幸せだった二人 永遠に届かなくなる前に...

omoide made uragitta tsumetai kotoba no ame
    shiawase datta futari towa ni todokanaku naru mae ni...

The rain of cold words betrayed even memories
    Before the two that were happy fall out of reach forever...

「ねぇ何故変わってしまったの? あんなにも愛し合っていたのに...」
    涙を微笑みに変え詰め寄る 《Arkと呼ばれた物》を握って...

'nee... naze kawatte shimatta no? anna ni mo aishiatte ita no ni'
    namida o hohoemi ni kae tsumeyoru Ark to yobareta mono [knife] o nigitte

'Hey... why did you change, even though we loved each other so much?'
    Exchanging her tears for a smile, she drew closer, clutching the thing called the Ark [a knife]

―――愛憎の箱舟

-- aizou no hakobune [Ark]

-- The Ark of love and hate

(因果 其れは手操り寄せた糸 六月の雨の日 『兄』の記憶)

(inga sore wa taguriyoseta ito rokugatsu no ame no hi "ani" [Frater] no kioku [yume])

(Fate -- that is the thread that was wound up; "Frater's" memory [dream] on a rainy June day)

信じてたその人に裏切られた少女
    逃げ込んだ楽園は信仰という狂気
    新しい世界へと羽ばたける自己暗示
    澄み渡る覚醒は進行という凶器

shinjite'ta sono hito ni uragirareta shoujo
    nigekonda rakuen wa shinkou to iu kyouki
    atarashii sekai e to habatakeru jikoanji
    sumiwataru kakusei wa shinkou to iu kyouki

Betrayed by the person she believed in,
    The Elysion she escaped to was the madness called faith
    Hypnotizing herself allowed her to fly to another world
    The clear awakening was the weapon called progress [3]

最期の瞬間に廻った 歪な愛の記憶
    脆弱な精神が堪えきれず あの日嘘を吐いた...

saigo no shunkan [toki] ni megutta ibitsu na ai no kioku
    zeijaku na seishin [KOKORO] ga taekirezu ano hi uso o tsuita...

The memory of twisted love that spun in the last moment
    Her fragile heart could not bear it -- that day she told a lie...

律すれば律する程堕ちる 赦されぬ想いに灼かれながら
    まぐわう傷は深く甘く 破滅へ誘う...

rissureba rissuru hodo ochiru yurusarenu omoi ni yakarenagara
    maguwau kizu wa fukaku amaku hametsu e izanau

The harder she tries to regulate herself, the more she falls, while being burnt by unforgivable thoughts
    The wounds of love are deep and sweet as they call her to destruction

―――背徳の箱舟

-- haitoku no hakobune [Ark]

-- The immoral Ark

被験体#1096 通称『妹』同じく
    被験体#1076 通称『兄』を殺害

"Hikensha #1096 tsuushou 'Imouto' [Soror] onajiku
    hikensha #1076 tsuushou 'Ani' [Frater] o satsugai"

"Subject #1096, known as 'Soror'
    killed subject #1076, known as 'Frater'." [4]

<症例番号12>
    過剰投影型依存における袋小路の模型
    即ち《虚妄想型箱舟依存症候群》

<Shourei Bangou [Case Number] 12>
    kajou touei-gata izon ni okeru fukurokouji no mokei [MODERU]
    sunawachi {kyomou risoukei hakobune izon shoukougun} [Ark]

<Case Number 12>
    This dead-end model shows excessive dependence on projection
    Namely, {False Ideal-type Ark Dependence Syndrome} [Ark] [5]

限りなく同一に近づける 追憶は狂気にも似た幻想
    求める儘に唇を奪い合い 少しずつ楽園を追われてゆく
    同じ心的外傷重ねれば響き合う けれどそれ以上には...

kagirinaku douitsu ni chikadzukeru tsuioku wa kyouki ni mo nita gensou
    motomeru mama ni kuchibiru o ubaiai sukoshizutsu rakuen o owarete yuku
    onaji shintekigaishou [TORAUMA] kasanereba hibikiau keredo sore ijou ni wa...

They are able to draw closer to a perfect unity; their memories are an illusion resembling madness [6]
    Submitting to desire, they steal kisses from one another; little by little, they are chased out of Elysion
    If the same trauma is piled up, it will resonate, but more than that...

驕れる無能な創造神にでも 成った心算なの?」か...

ogoreru munou na souzou [kami] ni demo natta shinsan [tsumori] na no?' ka...

'-- In the cage that pretends to be a miniature garden, they alter the forbidden organ [mechanism]
    Did you think that you had become a proud, incompetent God,' you say...? [7]

在りし日に咲かせた花弁は 暗闇に散り逝くように凛と
    少女の声色で囁く「楽園へ還りましょう」...

arishi hi ni sakaseta hanabira kurayami ni chiriyuku you ni rin to
    shoujo no kowairo de sasayaku "rakuen e kaerimashou"...

The petals that bloomed in days past are valiant as if being scattered into the darkness
    The girl's voice whispers "Let's return to Elysion..."

監視卿は天を仰ぎ深い溜息を吐く
    失った筈の《左手の薬指》が虚しく疼いた
    ―――ふと彼が監視鏡の向こうへ視線を戻すと
    嗚呼...いつの間にか少女の背後には『仮面の男』が立っていた―――

kanshikei [Watcher] wa ten o aogi fukai tameiki o tsuku
    ushinatta hazu no {hidarite no kusuriyubi} [basho] ga munashiku uzuita
    -- futo kare ga kanshikagami [Monitor] no mukou e shisen o modosu
    aa... itsunomanika shoujo no haigo ni wa "kamen no otoko" ga tatte ita--

The Watcher looks to the heavens and breathes a sigh
    The left ring finger [place] that should have been lost aches in vain
    -- Suddenly he returns his gaze to the other side of the Monitor
    Ah... before he knew it, the "man with the mask" was standing behind the girl --

[1] I... am really not sure what these two lines are actually saying. (I'm especially confused by the part where they're apparently tampering with a sea creature, but I somehow doubt anyone other than Revo can explain that one. Unless it's some kind of colloquial expression?)

[2] I don't know what's meant by "孕み続けた季節," or how to translate it, and I think I might have gotten the structure wrong.

[3] Is there any connection between these four lines? I'm not seeing any, but they're all fragment-y on their own.

[4] First of all, I wasn't really sure what to do with 同じく. Second, WWWJDIC gave "alias, nickname" for 通称, but "alias" to me connotes a false name one chooses for oneself, rather than a name assigned to a test subject, while "nickname" is far too casual for the "official report" feeling of these lines. So I went with "codename" instead, but I'm not sure if 通称 can be translated that way at all, or if it's really any better than "alias."

[5] I just couldn't make sense of these lines. I hate long, uninterrupted strings of kanji.

[6] I'm not sure what to make of "限りなく同一に近づける."

[7] I wasn't sure how to translate the "ka" on the end there -- just adding a question mark didn't seem like enough, and "huh" didn't fit the tone, so I used "is it?" but I don't know if that really works.
    Last edited by EJTranslations; 09-23-2008 at 08:38 PM.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

One thing I wanna say first is that as soon as I get Kaitou to make a Doujin category, SanHora would be so in it...

Since she actually does SanHora translations (and would hopefully fill the future category... please? <3) try catching the attention of shicalava.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 09-14-2008 at 03:42 PM.

...so that you know where you can find me

AnimeLyrics Admin
    EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations has a reputation beyond repute EJTranslations's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Okay, so should I wait to submit it until the doujin category gets made?

Also, thanks! Does she visit the forums at all, or should I e-mail her?

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Ah well, Kaitou looked to be kinda non-committal to make major changes to the site code last I saw him, so I'll have to try more. Problem right now is that I need more doujin circle names to put them as categories so that it'll fill numbers up on the main page. Trying to know as much as I can right now...

Looks like you'd have to email her, she hasn't visited the forums since May.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

What doujin circles have you got so far? I might be able to suggest some.

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Just the usual suspects - aside from SanHora we have IOSYS, BotG, Shoujobyou, Beat Mario's COOL&CREATE, Rekka's CLOSED/UNDERGROUND, Silver Forest, Rita's Blueberry & Yogurt... lots of Touhou music in there. I'll prolly seek assistance from Hisana (leader of doujinongaku) to give a few more but just pile away your own list because everything helps.

Oh and also since there were some submissions for Vocaloid stuff in the past, I'm also gonna put them on the list.
    Last edited by AzureDark; 09-15-2008 at 04:08 PM.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Yeah, you've got most of the major ones already. Hmm... other than those, I have Little Wing, encounter+, M.Graveyard, Phoenix Project, Ooshima Hiroyuki, Voltage of Imagination, Lolita Neurosis, REDALiCE... I think that's it. I hope that helps.

(Oops, this thread's gone a bit off-track, hasn't it?)

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Don't worry, it's doujin music talk after all.

See, we can list down all the doujin circles we want but is there enough people to actually submit their lyrics? I can probably supply one or two but I'm really not that much of a doujin music listener. I'm just trying to ready all the "show names" for everyone and convince Kaitou it needs its own category (since he looked clueless on it).

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Well, I'd do it, but I've no idea how many other people would.

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

By the way, if it helps, there are some songs already on the site that would fit better in the doujin category. These four, for instance -- and I remember seeing at least one more, but I can't find it now.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Did I mention I was a hopeless Sound Horizon fan? I bought Moira but I haven't even listened to it yet because I can't bear myself to spoil the pleasure of waiting.

Now, the song (ah, one of the early ones...). This must have been sheer hell to translate, and as always I think you did a superb job on a difficult song.

驕れる無能な創造神にでも 成った心算なの……」

ogoreru munou na souzou [kami] ni demo natta shinsan [tsumori] na no'

'-- In the cage that pretends to be a miniature garden, they alter the seal [mechanism]
    With the intention of becoming proud, incompetent beings [gods]' [1]
    >禁断の海馬に手を加えて
    禁断 -> forbidden
    海馬 (sang as 「きかん」 = 器官 = organ) -> hippocampus, or alternatively, 「きかん」 = 機関 = mechanism.
    -> they alter the forbidden organ/mechanism (i.e. the hippocampus, i.e. the brain, i.e. the memory).

>驕れる無能な創造神にでも 成った心算なの
    Notice the 「なの」, the line is a query. 「~つもり(心算)」 is usually used in context with mistaken impressions.
    創造神(かみ) -> The reason it's written like that is probably to stress that the God meant is the Judeic Yahweth.
    -> Did you fancy that you had become a proud, incompetent God?

―――愛憎の箱舟

-- aizou no hakobune [Ark]

-- The loved and hated Ark
    Taking into consideration the word 愛憎, I think it might be safer to phrase this as "The Ark of hate and love".

信じてたその人に裏切られた少女
    逃げ込んだ楽園は信仰という狂気
    新しい世界へと羽ばたける自己暗示
    澄み渡る覚醒は進行という凶器

shinjite'ta sono hito ni uragirareta shoujo
    nigekonda rakuen wa shinkou to iu kyouki
    atarashii sekai e to habatakeru jikoanji
    sumiwataru kakusei wa shinkou to iu kyouki

Betrayed by the person she believed in,
    The Elysion she escaped to was the madness called faith
    Hypnotizing herself to fly away to another world
    The clear awakening was the weapon called progress [3]
    >新しい世界へと 羽ばたける自己暗示
    Personally I would take the 「羽ばたける」 as pointing to a possibility, i.e.
    -> Hypnotizing herself allowed her to fly to another world

律すれば律する程堕ちる 赦されぬ想いに灼かれながら
    まぐわう傷は深く甘く 破滅へ誘う...

rissureba rissuru hodo ochiru yurusarenu omoi ni yakarenagara
    maguwau kizu wa fukaku amaku hametsu e izanau

Trying as hard as she can to decide, she falls, while being burnt by her unforgivable thoughts
    Her harrowing wounds deeply, sweetly call her to destruction
    >律すれば律する程堕ちる
    律する -> to follow the rules, to regulate yourself or others
    Aする程B -> the more you A, the more B
    -> the harder [you] regulate [yourself], the more [you] fall

>まぐわう傷は深く甘く 破滅へ誘う...
    まぐわう -> to exchange looks of love, or to engage in sexual intercourse. The latter seems to be more appropriate, judging from the context.
    ->the [/her] wounds of love are deep and sweet [as they call]/[calling] her to destruction

被験体#1096 通称『妹』同じく
    被験体#1076 通称『兄』を殺害

"Hikensha #1096 tsuushou 'Imouto' [Soror] onajiku
    hikensha #1076 tsuushou 'Ani' [Frater] o satsugai"

"Subject #1096, codenamed 'Soror'
    killed subject #1076, codenamed 'Frater'." [4]
    [4] what about "also known as"?

<症例番号12>
    過剰投影型依存における袋小路の模型
    即ち《虚妄想型箱舟依存症候群》

<Shuurei* Bangou [Case Number] 12>
    kajou touei-gata izon ni okeru fukurokouji no mokei [MODERU]
    sunawachi {kyomou risoukei hakobune izon shoukougun} [Ark]

<Case Number 12>
    This dead-end model that shows dependence exceeding our projection
    Namely, {False Ideal-type Ark Dependence Syndrome} [Ark] [5]
    *A typographical error, should be "shourei" (「症例」 しょうれい).

>過剰投影型依存
    I believe "projection" here is not referring to the individuals who run the tests, but "excessive projection" on the part of the subject (e.g. excessively projecting a problem as bigger than it is, e.g. paranoia, etc.).
    -> Dependence [on] excessive projection / Excessive-projection-type dependence

限りなく同一に近づける 追憶は狂気にも似た幻想
    求める儘に唇を奪い合い 少しずつ楽園を追われてゆく
    同じ心的外傷重ねれば響き合う けれどそれ以上には...

kagirinaku douitsu ni chikadzukeru tsuioku wa kyouki ni mo nita gensou
    motomeru mama ni kuchibiru o ubaiai sukoshizutsu rakuen o owarete yuku
    onaji shintekigaishou [TORAUMA] kasanereba hibikiau keredo sore ijou ni wa...

They draw nearer to a limitless sameness; their memories are an illusion resembling madness [6]
    Searching, their lips meet; little by little, they approach Elysion
    If the same trauma is piled up, it will resonate, but more than that...
    >限りなく同一に近づける
    同一 -> it's not precise, but if you want to go for smoother flow I recommend "unity".
    近づける -> personally I would take this as "able to come closer"
    -> [they are] able to draw to a near perfect unity

>求める儘に唇を奪い合い
    求める儘(まま)に -> 「求める」 = desire, 「~まま(儘)に」 = "submit/yield to ~", to do as a person/situation/your impluse demands.
    -> submitting to their desire, they steal each other's lips

驕れる無能な創造神にでも 成った心算なの?」か...

ogoreru munou na souzou [kami] ni demo natta shinsan [tsumori] na no?' ka...

'-- In the cage that pretends to be a miniature garden, they alter the seal [mechanism]
    With the intention of becoming proud, incompetent beings [gods],' is it? [7]
    [7] the best I could personally come up with was, "'~', you say?".

在りし日に咲かせた花弁は 暗闇に散り逝くように凛と
    少女の声色で囁く「楽園へ還りましょう」...

arishi hi ni sakaseta hanabira kurayami ni chiriyuku you ni rin to
    shoujo no kowairo de sasayaku "rakuen e kaerimashou"...

A chill that seems to scatter the petals that bloomed in days past into the darkness
    Whispers with the girl's voice "Let's return to Elysion..."
    >在りし日に咲かせた花弁は 暗闇に散り逝くように凛と
    It seems you've mistaken the structure here, and "chill" doesn't quite fit 「凛と」, it's definition is "valiant".
    -> The petals that bloomed in days past, [are] valiant as if they were scattering in the darkness
    Last edited by Datenshi; 09-22-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Thanks! That really clears up a lot -- and tells me that I need to look up words more often than I think I do, judging by the number of errors I made in the word-meaning department. I'm glad you think I did a good job with it anyway, though.

(Also, damn, I'm jealous -- I don't have Moira yet.)

Closed Thread

Thread Information