AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Ending?

The Former Demoni Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku has a reputation beyond repute Cotaku's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Present Art Tools Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2011 11:16 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My votes go to Air TV and Grave of the Fireflies.
    I cried at both of them...

Cotaku's Tags | Taking Requests Here | [Member of Illuminated Spirits]

Senior Member Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed has a reputation beyond repute Ultimate Seed's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-06-2010 08:07 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ultimate_seed

Chrno Crusade hands down. I mean the 2 finally get to be together and now they both have to die.

It's just to sad.

Junior Member xoxo.kd245 is on a distinguished road xoxo.kd245's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2008 02:02 AM
    Threads

saddest ending for me is fate/stay night.. it's sad bec. the girl had to go back to her time.. huhu

Legendry SUPER SAIYAN FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X has a reputation beyond repute FLASH-X's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-16-2009 12:29 PM
    i live in india,nasik that is in maharashtra
    Threads

Question

I remember the ending dragon ball z:GT and that makes me sad .............I mean goku went., man its all over, y god y............ y goku have to go T_T

between light and shadow. naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy has a reputation beyond repute naotavespaboy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2010 12:03 PM
    Threads

Hmmmm Escaflowne's was fairly sad when Hitomi finally reilized Van was the guy from her visions but had to return home.

Also Cowboy Bebops end when Spike was reunited with Julia only to have her shot in front of him. He went on to die too.

Junior Member e8j1osla is on a distinguished road e8j1osla's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2008 10:49 AM
    Threads

if final fantasy crisis core considered as anime then i'll go for it

☆Good Lucky☆ BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly has a reputation beyond repute BestFly's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-07-2012 08:05 PM
    Threads

I'm with you all who said Grave of the Fireflies. I was so sad at the ending I was like "" for the whole day. But it wasen't just the ending, the whole movie was sad.

Senior Member Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu has a reputation beyond repute Sashikizu's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2009 01:42 PM
    Threads

Grave of the Fireflies, the Clannad Movie, Chrono Crusade (first anime I ever cried for) and uhm... Cowboy Bebop's ending for sure.
    Last edited by Sashikizu; 12-22-2008 at 04:32 PM.
    けんわかつのひと。

師ヲ出ダシテ未ダ捷タズ、身先ズ死ス。

Junior Member ellmation is on a distinguished road ellmation's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2009 03:25 PM
    Threads

Cowboy Bebop and Wolfs Rain.

"..and the greatest thing you will ever learn
    is to love, and to be loved in return."

Junior Member LostOne is a name known to all LostOne is a name known to all LostOne is a name known to all LostOne is a name known to all LostOne is a name known to all LostOne is a name known to all LostOne's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2008 06:37 AM
    Threads

definitely Air... a really, really sad one...
    though i'll have to agree the ending of Chrno Crusade was pretty sad too...
    ...LostOne

The Man With No Signature The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane has a reputation beyond repute The Grey Crane's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-12-2010 10:09 AM
    Threads

Grave of the Fireflies might be the most notorious.

But....

It's definitely the series called 'A Dog of Flanders'. I have seen everything that have been mentioned in this thread so far and i've seen TONS more with terribly sad endings but nothing even rivals it. Tragic yet beautiful.

The anime series 'A Dog of Flanders' is basically a retelling of Marie Louise de la Ramee's classic novel of the same name.

Not as sad and tragic as the previous one i've mentioned (yet still worthy of being mentioned here) is 'Cockpit: Kamikaze Stories', the title is an obvious hint, right? Its a 3-part movie about stories of heroism (through self-sacrifice) during the second world war.

Part 1 is about a Luftwaffe ace pilot.
    Part 2 is about a *'Cherry Blossom' pilot and his buddies in the air force.
    Part 3 is about three Japanese soldiers stranded and left behind in Leyte, an island in the Philippines, as it was being occupied by the Allied Forces.

*Kamikaze Fighter Plane

Senior Member Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy has a reputation beyond repute Brandandy's Avatar
    Gil
    Confused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2010 05:02 PM
    Threads

Grave of the Fireflies tore me up!

Junior Member bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob has a brilliant future bonjob's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2009 07:05 PM
    Threads

My votes go to Bokura Ga Ita..
    It's A-MUST watch anime.

that guy with the beard JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO. has a reputation beyond repute JIMBO.'s Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 11:16 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jimbo8472

Saikano the manga had a sad ending

SOS Brigade NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime has a reputation beyond repute NorthOfTime's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 039 - Jigglypuff 007 - Squirtle Maserati
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-25-2017 10:23 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Broly3k8 Steam ID: NorthOfTime

Well... the first series that comes to mind is Basilisk.. I love that anime.. and Grave of the Fire flies
    Formally Broly3k8.
    New Country, new life. Living it one day at a time. Beer and food are where my heart is.

the day dreaming voyager little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine has a reputation beyond repute little miss sunshine's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-24-2009 08:53 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Fait View Post
    Chrno Crusade, without one doubt. That was the only anime that has ever got me close to showing tears. Almost, but did not. I am a man you see.

Azumanga Daioh was also really upsetting for me. When Chiyo-chan started crying that was my limit. That was really sad for me. I am quite a soft person really.
    Yeah, Chrno Crusade was one that had me depressed after watching it since I liked both Chrno and Rosette that died in the end.

Fruits Basket was a constant tear jerker.

Code Geass R2's ending was sad to me as well, since my favourite Lelouch had to die.
    Especially when Nunally found out he actually had good intentions for his crazy actions.
    The piece "Continued Story" was perfect for the scene.

To Havoc and Beyond!

Senior Member Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o has a reputation beyond repute Akito0o's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2010 02:29 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: I hate the wii !

I would have to say Nadesico the Motion Picture. Or the Neon Genesis of Evangelion, Not because it was sad but because it was all over.

Member chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan has a reputation beyond repute chan-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-29-2009 12:27 PM
    Threads

I can think of many anime which make me cry - FMA, Fruits Basket, TRC..

but sad ending.. I can only recall.. X TV.. the end of the world setting really makes me feel depressed..

VK Guilty.. because Yuuki chooses Kaname! Darn..

Chan-Chan's Anime blog ^.-
    Please do visit my anime blog. Comments are welcomed.

Chan-Chan's Anime Ongaku

Junior Member Lixor is on a distinguished road Lixor's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-30-2009 01:02 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: ?

i have to say Fate stay Night. but im always gets sad when an anime end ;'(
    OMG INTERNET IS DOWN ......................................... sooooo.... what now?!

Junior Member uninvited_guest is on a distinguished road uninvited_guest's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2009 08:42 AM
    Threads

Yea, any ending is sad . But answering the question, Grave of the Fireflies

Senior Member Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San has a reputation beyond repute Kobarokawa-San's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-20-2016 09:10 AM
    Threads

i donīt like the ending of School Days... itīs was very sad for me
    The Supreme Ruler
    of The Whole
    Universe

Ph. D. in Pokomon Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus has a reputation beyond repute Climaximus's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-10-2011 03:35 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gamrtagnotfound

The Clannad Movie. By far the most depressing thing I've seen.

Member StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25 has a reputation beyond repute StarryStarryNight25's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-19-2009 03:36 PM
    Threads

Unhappy

One of the saddist endings was when Special A last episode. I was so upset mostly because it was a really good series. So it was sad for me. The next season will probably never come out till forever.
    The only way out is through a brick wall.

Team Aki! -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan- has a reputation beyond repute -akichan-'s Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 12:09 AM
    Threads

Absolute Boyfriend...Night died at the end...T.T His whole thing was shut down ><;

Senior Member Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana has a reputation beyond repute Ridana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-12-2009 09:29 PM
    Threads

Sad endings... hrm... oh, btw... since this is a discussion of "endings" I'll give a general spoiler alert though I'll try to be inspecific....

Grave of the Fireflies was pretty much sad from beginning to end, so it wasn't like the ending in particular got to me.

Azumanga Daioh, well, it's not like anything particularly bad happened, I think it just leaves you feeling VERY nostalgic (for those of us beyond our school years anyway).

Cowboy Bebop ... I love Spike (see my avatar), but the ending to me is happy/sad not pure sad, he is finally able to put his past behind him and find peace.

Serial Experiments Lain, I'm not sure how to characterize the ending, but certainly sadness would have to be included.

Elfen Lied, I think for my list here, this is the most purely sad ending, at least for Lucy, whom you come to empathize with over the course of the series. I felt so bad for her when she was explaining how she felt trapped and unable to escape her life of violence and destruction, and though all she wanted to do was live a peaceful happy life, she would leave it behind to protect the ones she loved. I think the first time I watched this series I totally teared up at that scene. And although there were possible mitigating factors in the final scene, I don't know if that makes the ending any less sad, or possibly moreso, depending on how you interpret things.

Closed Thread

Thread Information