AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: maid cafe in uk?

Junior Member Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2008 04:22 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default maid cafe in uk?

dya think its a good idea? me and my other half were thinking of making a night-club/ maid cafe, but we wanted to know what others would think about it and wheter it owuld really hit it off.
    were hoping it doesnt do the same as it did in America and go like chalk and cheese for a few years.

the only thing is where to put it up and how often dya think we should do cosplay days, obviously it will be simple cosplays for the first few months, then maybe as the popularity rises so will the amount of requests for different cosplays. even the staff at night will be in lolita cosplay, but the thing about the night work is it will be an "alternative" bar.

post comments on your veiws, theres already one in the US how about making one in the UK?

OHOHOH!!!! and if you go to www.goodsmilecompany.com THEY HAVE AN ENGLISH WEBSITE NOW!!!! and let me tell you fellow Otaku THE FIGURINES ARE AMAZING! O.O
    Last edited by Kolakisn; 09-04-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: forgot something

2. Likes nya-chanxxx liked this post
    Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Xmas Tree Aquarius Cancer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-10-2011 01:25 PM
    The Netherword of the Collective Unconscious
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: shibbidydoowop

That website does not exist.

As for maid cafés, I think they'd only really succeed outside Japan in a major city and only if you really went all-out to make it almost a caricature of the original idea.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Maid cafes in California are called "masseuses"/sp, but I think the UK could use one.Give one to all those chaps!They deserve it.

Old and Cranky Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall has a reputation beyond repute Rem Nightfall's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2009 11:44 PM
    Threads

I know a few good fellows who want a maid cafe.
    I believe they deserve a maid cafe.

Senior Member Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23 has a reputation beyond repute Sanosuke23's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aka Ari Kurosaki View Post
    Maid cafes in California are called "masseuses"/sp, but I think the UK could use one.Give one to all those chaps!They deserve it.
    Actually, there is/was a maid café/store/art gallery in Culver City according to Wikipedia by the name of Royal-T.

Either way, I doubt it's what you're thinking when you talk about a massage parlor.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    Actually, there is/was a maid café/store/art gallery in Culver City according to Wikipedia by the name of Royal-T.

Either way, I doubt it's what you're thinking when you talk about a massage parlor.
    Pass by a city called Pacific Grove go to lover's point and ask for Sue Lee.
    That's what I meant.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yeah that isn't a maid cafe.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke23 View Post
    Yeah that isn't a maid cafe.
    She's whatever you want her to be.I always pick a TURTLE!

NICE MUSCLE! The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator has a reputation beyond repute The Governator's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-02-2010 02:18 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aka Ari Kurosaki View Post

YOUR NOT ENGLISH!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT WE NEED!!! darn yankee's.

Nah, I couldn't be botherd if a maid cafe opened here in England, for this one reason, it sounds too japanese

Junior Member Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn has much to be proud of Kolakisn's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-05-2008 04:22 PM
    Threads

Arrow

lol, the comment make me laugh, A FREAKIN TURTLE?!

anywho... the main theme would be anime, but i'm desighning the outfits and making them myself. its basically a coffee-shop in the daytime and a nightclub at night, you couldsay that its a host/hostess bar at night lol, and in the daytime its a Gothic lolita cosplay shop, and yes there will be the treating customers as if you are their maid. its not really too japanese as i'm too lazy to actually be bothered to "play games" with the masters, the whole aim is to make the customer feel safe and at home.
    i dont know much about the night-time goings on..... i'm more of an early morning person. rather than a late night person. plus thats his territory, but does anyone have any idea's as to where to put it in uk, because IT WILL HAPPEN>.< now..... i just need to think about decoration costs >.< .... knowing me itll take 100000000000 yrs though >.< fufufufu... oh should it be kawaii lolita or Visualkei lolita?

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So a maid cafe is hooters with a dress and bonnet?

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    So a maid cafe is hooters with a dress and bonnet?
    Basically, except instead of being paid to flirt the help is paid to call you master and behave like a submissive little servant girl.

If I'd go to a vaguely creepy place like that though, I'd go for the mom-type. There the help is paid to treat you like their child, serve "home-cooked" meals and all that.

Edit@Rep: Ew god no, the mom type one is deliberately nonsexual and meant to remind the customer of home.
    Last edited by Sanosuke23; 09-06-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Super Assome! Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon has a reputation beyond repute Dxon's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-31-2009 02:10 PM
    Threads

I suggest you go out on the streets and ask what the people think of it.

Message from me:

Internizzle serizzle bizzle
    AF family:
    - Temperance: Raccoon Pet. xD
    - Kitsune~girl: Sister :3

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Will you be hiring highschool girls/boys who shouldn't really be working in the first place, because their school forbids it? It's sounding like a cheesy manga already.

Personally, I don't think the idea would catch on unless you set up in some trendy place where the novelty would seem mildly interesting. Otherwise just stick with a normal cafe that occasionally does dress up once a month or something.

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

Azn DambHaH Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro has a reputation beyond repute Niro's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2009 06:48 PM
    Threads

I dont think it would work anywhere outside of Japan...maybe if your in a area with high population of japan culture fans.

Food places are one of the hardest businesses to get going and keep afloat, its much harder for niche ones

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    Threads

Why not make a tally chart or something similar and go to the busiest place in England to note peoples views on it. Ofcourse I speak of London. I doubt you will get a lot of peoples attention as most of them are stubborn and busy there, but you get many different people there that may help you. I suppose you could ask a couple of the Japanese tourists (one of the best parts of going) and they will probably like the idea. We do get millions of tourists and they may partake in your Cafè.

I would recommend London because of all the tourists. I would certainly go in there if you recruit good-looking staff members, dressed like maids and what not. You may get a lot of Japanese consumers too, and then I would definitely go in!
    That which is; is the truth.

Closed Thread

Thread Information