AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: London Embankment and St Paul's Cathedral: Various Famous Attractions

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-24-2012 05:15 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default London Embankment and St Paul's Cathedral: Various Famous Attractions

First note that these are all my own work. These pictures of the London Embankment, St Paul's Cathedral, and other various attractions were all personally taken by me on the 27th August 2008. There is also no need to tell me that the date and time on my Camera was wrong, as it is not the year 2020. This was the first time that I used the camera and I had no idea on how to modify the settings. In fact t'was only half way through my little tour of London when I realised how to zoom in, so you will have to forgive me on that note.

I have spent some time resizing these photographs as they were titanic in size by all means. I want to try my best to keep this thread unlocked, so if I am doing something wrong may I ask to be notified by site staff? I have read the rules for this section so I do not think that I am doing anything to threaten them. I would also like to put them as attachments because I have no other way to upload them properly. Thankyou.

So, picture 1. You may recognise this as St Paul's Cathedral, well you are right. That is the masterpiece itself. I did go in there although when inside it is strictly forbidden to take any photographs or make video's, which I was extremely gutted for as it was absolutely beautiful in there. It was not allowed as it would be disrespecting the prayers and such of this holy structure. I climbed 528 steps to get to the very top where I also took photo's. Amazing, but the breeze was quite strong so it was quite scarey to be up there at first. I only wish I could have taken pictures of the inside of the dome from the whispering gellery. Hand-painted pictures that were so beautiful it was unreal.

Picture 2. The Tower Bridge of London. I had actually taken this picture just after I had crossed it. Lucky for me as it opened after that as you can see. Behind me is the Tower of London, and to my right is a foreigner filming the bridge opening. I think he was French if I recall. This only happens about once or twice a day so I thought that I had better make the most of it.

Picture 3 is the Houses of Parliament/ Big Ben. This had to be the place where the most tourists were resided. This was the first close-encounter that I had with Big Ben and I was so amazed. I never knew that the clock was fixed with so much gold plating, not to mention that close up there were calved angels built into the actual house itself. Incredible. I took many a photo of the Big Ben as I was extremely happy to have finally meet him.

For fans of the anime "Black Blood Brothers". To the Left hand side of me is the Westminister Bridge, which is also the bridge where the main protagonist of the series, Jiro Mochizuki, met his lover, Alice Eve.

Picture 4. Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, and the London Eye, all in one photograph. There were quite a few people fighting for this spot that I was in as it made a fantastic scene. I was the first one there but there were many tourists, photographers and what nots behind me.

Picture 5, The Tower of London. Some of you may know this place as the tower in which Alucard had part of his final battle against Incognito in from the Hellsing series. Expensive place to enter, even more so than St Paul's Cathedral, but it is really quite amazing. This picture is taken from the other side of the Thames river. Behind me is a park and an Italian Restaurant I believe...let me rephrase that..a very 'expensive' Italian restaurant.

I have many more photographs, although I thought that this would do for now. I will post more if users decide to actually take any interest as I am not going to spend hours resizing images when no one is looking. So there may be more later in the week or something. Depends.

Thankyou. And again, if I am doing something wrong could somebody please tell me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg‎
Views:	56
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	21899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg‎
Views:	46
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	21900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.jpg‎
Views:	56
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	21901   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 4.jpg‎
Views:	50
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	21902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 5.jpg‎
Views:	47
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	21903  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.055.jpg‎
Views:	45
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	21904  
    Last edited by Amray The II; 08-31-2008 at 03:06 PM.
    That which is; is the truth.

Daeva's black rose poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy has a reputation beyond repute poison.ivy's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2008 01:33 PM
    Threads

Hmm... I'm no pro, but here are my advices.

Try to loose the people in first picture, they're kinda eye stabbing imo. o.O And the main focus of the fourth picture isn't really clear. Or am I just unable to notice it clearly? Either way, work it out a bit. That's it. ^^

I like them, oh, wonderful London buildings! <3 Nice works. Hope to see more of your beautiful city. :]

As for making mistakes, as far as I'm familiar with this section's rules, you should make a thread per set of photos. Look it up to be sure, but keep it in mind next time you decide to post your photos.

As said, I ain't no pro, but I had a thing about photography for some short period of time few years ago so... I hope this helps.

Hot gift from Midnight Rider Teh Great! Thank you :3

Thank you for the awesome sig, Serated!
    -art thread-[VF]-myspace-

Member sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2008 05:48 AM
    Threads

ah ... the date ... get rid of it.

What can I say, you pretty much lack some composition in photos.
    2nd and 3rd photos are too dark, and you cut off the building at top.
    4th composition is totally off.
    Last one, the cut off boat is kinda disturbing ...

Senior Member Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II has a reputation beyond repute Amray The II's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Okay, thankyou.
    I personally like having the public in photographs, even if I do not know them. It suits the London atmosphere as it is a very busy city. The fourth picture was hard to take properly as I had to put my hand through the Houses of Parliament fence to get it. It was the only way to get a clear view of that wonderful picture, so it did prove difficult. I have another one taken from behind the fence, although I thought this one looked better.

Nonetheless, thanks a lot, posion.ivy.
    Last edited by Amray The II; 09-01-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Senior Member Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian has a reputation beyond repute Diocletian's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-20-2011 04:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I have zero critcism since I'm not a photog, but I am a spectator.The only thing for three the shadow's off and I can't see it very well.I always knew you were from the future.2020..futuristic

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aka Ari Kurosaki View Post
    I have zero critcism since I'm not a photog, but I am a spectator.The only thing for three the shadow's off and I can't see it very well.I always knew you were from the future.2020..futuristic
    Oh, you found me out. Seriously though this was the first time that I have went on a photo-spree. So bloody hell please go easy on me. Friendly advise is great, but no raving and screaming remarks please. Appreciated and thanks for the comments. Also just to put it out there for you to understand, it is most likely not by fault that the pictures are "un-focused". It is probably the website I have been using to resize them as I was not recommended any decent ones.
    Last edited by Amray The II; 08-31-2008 at 03:29 PM.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Some tips:
    1) as sudo said, your composition leaves much to be desired, even basic application of the rule of 3rds would improve your pictures
    2) the light was totally crappy, a clear sky would have looked better for the landscapes.
    3) do not put the date on the shots themselves, cameras always record the date/time in the file metadata anyway

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MuZ0NaZ View Post
    Some tips:
    1) as sudo said, your composition leaves much to be desired, even basic application of the rule of 3rds would improve your pictures
    2) the light was totally crappy, a clear sky would have looked better for the landscapes.
    3) do not put the date on the shots themselves, cameras always record the date/time in the file metadata anyway
    Yes I understand, and thankyou. London is quite a journey (not to mention expensive to travel to) so I rarely go there. Alas, I am not the weather man so I cannot determine what the weather is to be like and obviously the clouds were not in my favour that day. Anyway, England has its culture of being gloomy so it fits the atmosphere. But yes, I do understand what you mean, I'am just being positive. This was my first time so I never even thought about ridding of the date and time. I will use that tip for future references though.

Thanks again. Anyway, these were simply just pictures for me and my family/friends. For that reason they were okay for me.

¤Ultimate Fear Inducer¤ Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter has a reputation beyond repute Perpetual Specter's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-19-2009 06:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, sudo and MuZ0 have both taken what I was going to say already. O_o; You should have waited for a brighter, clearer day to have taken the photos. The buildings do seem to be cut off, especially in the fourth photo. The position/angle at which some of them were taken could have been better in my opinion and sudo is right--the date needs to be removed. I mean the pixel quality and theme was nice, but... Basically, not to sound mean, but there is a lot of room for improvement, Kaji. >>;

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I am no expert, as I have already stated three times. Most people do not seem to get to grips with that. I have never went around taking pictures before, and also for the last time, I did not take these for expertise purposes or any kind of competition. I just simply took them for close friends and family. I just wanted to post main attractions for people to see and everyone seems to just come here to give me lectures. People kept saying how they would love to see famous attractions of London because they were interested, and that is why I posted them. Not so that I can pose as a rookie photographer. I have half a mind to delete everything in this thread now I must say.

Member sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo has a reputation beyond repute sudo's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-31-2008 05:48 AM
    Threads

You know ... photography section is for that ...
    Expert or no expert, if you don't want to improve your photography skills ... what can I say, go on myspace.
    This section is for helping people like you improve your skills so that you can start taking some decent photos. We did mention what was wrong, now it's your time to learn about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composition_(visual_arts)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds
    That 2 links are the basics you should understand. Only when you master them you can start breaking and inventing your own compositions

And most people do not seem to get to grips on what photography means ~_~
    Last edited by sudo; 09-01-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know full well what Photography means. It is just when people come in here just to say "AH! WHY IS IT SO DARK AND GLOOMY!? THAT IS YOUR FAULT! YOU SHOULD HAVE CHANGED THE WEATHER TO MAKE IT SUNNY! OH CRAP, THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE!? EVEN THOUGH IT IS ONE OF THE BUSIEST PLACES IN THE WORLD!? HOW STUPID!! GET RID OF THEM!!"

That is what I find aggravating. As I did state earlier, I will happily accept advise to improve, I just did not expect people to go off like a hand-grenade when they found out it was not a sunny day....in "England". Summer here has practically finished, what am I supposed to do? Use my magical weather machine to make the sun appear? Unfortunetly I cannot do that. It is not as if I cannot go back so bear with me. It costs a lot to get to London from here you should understand.

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these; "It could have been" ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite has a reputation beyond repute ai_frostbite's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Manekineko Cancer Luna
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-18-2013 11:56 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xXoTrinityoXx

the buildings are gorgous, but theyre too dark and im afriad you cut a couple off,you have potental because i know where youre getting at! keep it up!=^-^=

♥零 law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~ has a reputation beyond repute law~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Aria Neko Cookie Double Bento
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-15-2011 06:12 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Second Pic is really beautiful, in my opinion the 2nd was the better
    I liked the lighting, I think it kinda suits with the wheather at London

Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Whoa, positive feedback! Not all at once people I think I will have a heart-attack.

Thankyou very much though. I appreciate it. I may post more of my 80 photo's later. There is a lot of them so one is bound to be quite decent.

Closed Thread

Thread Information