AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: AF photo contests

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-10-2013 08:59 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default AF photo contests

So, I decided to stop being lazy and start running AF photo contests again next month. However, it's rather pointless if in the end there's only one or two eligible entries. What contests would you like - broader/narrower themes, longer/shorter deadlines, ... ? I'm planning to make a schedule of them for a month or so in front, is that necessary?

In need of a dose of ARIA.
    In need of a ticket to Neo-Venezia.

Ivanova is god.

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

I've been wondering what happened to the contests.
    The last few contest... had a deadline of a week? My first suggestion is to extend it to a fortnight, this gives people an ample amount of time to take various shots, that would fit that contest's theme.

And as for the themes.. I would like to see both narrow and broad themes. This will make people set out to experiment with their photography.. and become better at it. Though, making the themes too specific will not benefit the amount of photographs submitted.

Also the 1024 pixel rule really needs to be enforced. It's a shame to see some of the pictures go to waste, like in the previous contests.

May precipitate OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud has a reputation beyond repute OminousCloud's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2018 11:48 PM
    Threads

Sometimes it's hard to find the time to actually go out and take photos, so a longer deadline would be nice. There are a few ways that you can do that, either extend the deadline to say a fortnight like Sev suggested or just announce the next contest while the current one runs. It's basically a judgment call with respective to the theme.

A mix of broad and narrow themes would be good and maybe a theme suggestion thread wouldn't go amiss either.

I'd also just like to remind the theme-pickers to keep in mind the opposite seasons of the northern and southern hemispheres. One of the contests had a flowers theme which was well and good for the northern hemisphere (at the time) but kind of left the southern hemisphere high and dry ;_; (or rather cold and wet ._.)

Tru Fax: Princess Minako wrestled Jesus... and won

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Oh i have been wondering where the contests have gone. Anyway, i really don't care about what the contest is about. It forces me to just get out there and take pics that i really wouldn't take. so basically, anything will do for me.

☃ Snowmen! ☃ MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ has a reputation beyond repute MuZ0NaZ's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Bump.
    Sorry I forgot you guys in the land down under. I'll make a schedule of them and let each one of them run two weeks. Any theme suggestions?

Ivanova is god.

boopaloop! UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera has a reputation beyond repute UrusaiSevera's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2013 10:39 AM
    Trying to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
    Threads

A theme suggestion, Insects. "Why?" you ask?
    Because insects are mostly hard to take pictures of, thus it'll be a good challenge for photographing AF to get a clear shot of an insect, any insect, be it a crawler, flyer or jumper... xD

.sugar and spice. iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl has a reputation beyond repute iiiasdfkl's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a theme suggestion :/ ... how about eyes? I think the 'windows to the soul' would make a nice theme... as long as people take the pics without the flashlight, I don't wanna have anyone going blind because of my idea.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I find the theme hard to do. Like there was one involving a city, and the nearest real city is like 50 miles away ._.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ai View Post
    Sometimes I find the theme hard to do. Like there was one involving a city, and the nearest real city is like 50 miles away ._.
    I see, I tend to take the city environment and seasons for a given. What about still life assignments?

Ivanova is god.

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

still life would be cool. i've never really done that before.

have we done animals yet? like cats or dogs, or something or another?

or a conceptual theme, like dark or forgiven, something where you can can a picture and have it translate differently. like for forgiven two hands clasped together, or a couple hugging...

pokemon trainer MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi has a reputation beyond repute MoroDashi's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-14-2010 02:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 6882 3906 6528

How about nature? Oh but i'm pretty sure we've done that before. I'm thinking maybe just random. Like a bunch of lollypops strung together. Yeah so sort of like a candy theme? Or maybe Angles? Different shots from different angles. You could have a halloween theme for October. Christmas for December. [As thought of.] Empty photo frames? I've always liked taking photo's of empty photo frames...
    i cant believe we almost hung it up o woah o .set made by me;

Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

here are theme ideas

water, sky, nightsky, sunset, sunrise, rain, computers, electronics, consumers, cars, driving, etc

Senior Member SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye has a reputation beyond repute SerenityFaye's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Rageface PPG Blossom
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-02-2012 05:50 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SerenityFayeSpiegel

I would like to suggest FOOD as a theme please! ;____; Food is awesome, and I think it would be an execellent theme

Closed Thread

Thread Information